Gun Control

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Re: Gun Control

Post by Gary Childress »

Skepdick wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:28 am Frankly I trust me with a nuke more than I trust them with a nuke; is just that I probably can't afford the maintenance/running/storage costs.
I wish nukes didn't exist. I wouldn't touch one with a ten bazillion-foot pole or be around one for all the money in the world. We shouldn't even be making them. No one should.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

attofishpi wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:29 am
An elected group of people, as in a government, yes.
Why are elected folks better suited to control an atom bomb than you?
If it was possible to ensure NO body has the ability to own an atom bomb then I would prefer that...contrary to what you would prefer.
I don't disagree. I would prefer nukes didn't exist. But they do.
Freedom? Security? ..try explaining that to a parent of a child torn apart by an AR because people like you advocate that everyone has the right to weapons of mass destruction.
So: you choose security. To protect The Children.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:05 pm
attofishpi wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:29 am
An elected group of people, as in a government, yes.
Why are elected folks better suited to control an atom bomb than you?
Because I might have a bad day and get really annoyed with humanity. The idea is that there are checks and balances from one person having a bad day.

henry quirk wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:05 pm
atto wrote:Freedom? Security? ..try explaining that to a parent of a child torn apart by an AR because people like you advocate that everyone has the right to weapons of mass destruction.
So: you choose security. To protect The Children.
Yes of course, and I know you won't understand this simple concept, no guns in society = FAR fewer mass killings of children (and innocent chaps like me sitting in a restaurant)
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

attofishpi wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:38 pmBecause I might have a bad day and get really annoyed with humanity. The idea is that there are checks and balances from one person having a bad day.
So Hiroshima, Nagasaki: these events were okay becuz they passed muster?
I know you won't understand this simple concept, no guns in society = FAR fewer mass killings of children (and innocent chaps like me sitting in a restaurant)
Yes, they'll be safe; you'll be safe.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:05 pm
attofishpi wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:38 pmBecause I might have a bad day and get really annoyed with humanity. The idea is that there are checks and balances from one person having a bad day.
So Hiroshima, Nagasaki: these events were okay becuz they passed muster?
I know you won't understand this simple concept, no guns in society = FAR fewer mass killings of children (and innocent chaps like me sitting in a restaurant)
Yes, they'll be safe; you'll be safe.
Oh, well then glad you understand. All you need to do now is start lobbying for tighter restrictions on gun ownership. :D
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

attofishpi wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:27 pmOh, well then glad you understand. All you need to do now is start lobbying for tighter restrictions on gun ownership. :D
No, I chose freedom... 👍
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:05 pm
attofishpi wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:27 pmOh, well then glad you understand. All you need to do now is start lobbying for tighter restrictions on gun ownership. :D
No, I chose freedom... 👍
Oh, well more children to be massacred then, good for you Henry.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:13 pm Let's talk about it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mUZ9HCi6wBs
Yes. By all means, arm up. You never know when you might have to kill someone yourself instead of calling the police to handle the situation through the judicial process.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

:lol:
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Skepdick wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:40 am
attofishpi wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:38 am AH hang on you fucking idiot, I didn't real eyes you are at war!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Idiot.

When you completely erase the traditions of gun ownership and the necessary yet unfortunate need and use of violence from your culture, who is going to fight your wars?

When you build your perfect land of pacifism, who's going to stand up to the barbarians when they come knocking?

The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools... --Whoever
Straw man.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

With nukes and other bombs, missiles and mines, I think we all can agree that the difference between those and privately owned guns is one of type, and not just one of degree.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:05 amYes. By all means, arm up. You never know when you might have to kill someone yourself instead of calling the police to handle the situation through the judicial process.
If you wanna rely on the police: do that.

I don't and won't.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

commonsense wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:42 pm With nukes and other bombs, missiles and mines, I think we all can agree that the difference between those and privately owned guns is one of type, and not just one of degree.
The difference is irrelevant.

The nature of the property has no bearing on the right to it.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

henry quirk wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:02 am
commonsense wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:42 pm With nukes and other bombs, missiles and mines, I think we all can agree that the difference between those and privately owned guns is one of type, and not just one of degree.

Then I must conclude that you are arguing in favor of every American’s legal right to own such property as a nuclear weapon.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

commonsense wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:55 am
henry quirk wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:02 am

Then I must conclude that you are arguing in favor of every American’s legal right to own such property as a nuclear weapon.
Yes he is, and that's the lunacy of Henry. Good job there arn't millions of people out there with Henrys foolish stance, we'd all be obliterated in no time.