Ukraine Crisis

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Re: Ukraine Crisis

Post by Gary Childress »

I just saw Putin in a video interviewing his generals where he has a slight limp. If it is the case that he's faking his limp, then he'll eventually need to fake his own death if he keeps up what he's doing, otherwise, "faking" might end up being the wrong word.

:|

Are you out there AJ?
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Putin is now so upset he's bombing his own country. You might get your wish, Gary. If we can get both Ukraine and Russia to fight Russia, there might be an end in sight.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/20 ... -own-city/
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

promethean75 wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:34 pm Putin is now so upset he's bombing his own country. You might get your wish, Gary. If we can get both Ukraine and Russia to fight Russia, there might be an end in sight.

I'd be happier if Putin would just stop the war. I'd rather not see the Russian people pay for Putin's crimes.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:24 am
promethean75 wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:34 pm Putin is now so upset he's bombing his own country. You might get your wish, Gary. If we can get both Ukraine and Russia to fight Russia, there might be an end in sight.

I'd be happier if Putin would just stop the war. I'd rather not see the Russian people pay for Putin's crimes.
Got things a little bassakward here, is America again accusing other nations of crimes against humanity? Why do you think the world hates America, because of its shining example? Best get your synapses firing again people.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

popeye1945 wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:43 am

Got things a little bassakward here, is America again accusing other nations of crimes against humanity? Why do you think the world hates America, because of its shining example? Best get your synapses firing again people.
It'll take both Russia and the US to end the war. I'd just like to see it end. However, Putin is no more innocent than the Bush regime. I see no reason to kid ourselves about it.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"Why do you think the world hates America"

becuz they're all young aspiring capitalist countries that are jealous of ermerica, not becuz they know or care anything about world peace.  they're all bad guys bro.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

promethean75 wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:28 am "Why do you think the world hates America"

because they're all young aspiring capitalist countries that are jealous of America, not because they know or care anything about world peace.  They're all bad guys bro.
You're in a truly bad mental state, all the world is bad guys except America----lol!! You've got to be American!! Does your mom know you're using her computer?
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:54 am

It'll take both Russia and the US to end the war. I'd just like to see it end. However, Putin is no more innocent than the Bush regime. I see no reason to kid ourselves about it.
The only way America will behave rationally and peacefully is if given no choice. You're asking the Mafi to lead the choir!!
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

popeye1945 wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:07 pm

The only way America will behave rationally and peacefully is if given no choice. You're asking the Mafi to lead the choir!!
OK. Are people dying in Ukraine right now through war and destruction or not? Are fields that once grew grain and things the world needs not being laid to waste in the process? If that is what must be done and that is what you insist must be done, then so be it. I cannot change your mind.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:29 pm

OK. Are people dying in Ukraine right now through war and destruction or not? Are fields that once grew grain and things the world needs not being laid to waste in the process? If that is what must be done and that is what you insist must be done, then so be it. I cannot change your mind.
Your response makes little sense unless understood as an emotional statement. The Ukraine war is of American making, there isn't much difference between a psychopathic individual and a psychopathic nation, they both devastate the innocent with no remorse.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

popeye1945 wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:42 pm

Your response makes little sense unless understood as an emotional statement. The Ukraine war is of American making, there isn't much difference between a psychopathic individual and a psychopathic nation, they both devastate the innocent with no remorse.
You wish a scapegoat. You wish a sacrificial lamb. You will gladly see others parish if it "teaches a lesson". George Bush senior stated "aggressors will not be rewarded" when Iraq invaded Kuwait. Bush Sr. wanted to teach aggressors a lesson. No such "lesson" has been learned, only the seeds of hatred and destruction have been sown becuase of it.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:46 pm

You wish a scapegoat. You wish a sacrificial lamb. You will gladly see others parish if it "teaches a lesson". George Bush senior stated "aggressors will not be rewarded" when Iraq invaded Kuwait. Bush Sr. wanted to teach aggressors a lesson. No such "lesson" has been learned, only the seeds of hatred and destruction have been sown becuase of it.
What on earth do you THINK is uniting the world????????????????????????????????????????????????? The world hates America for very good reasons, mainly its lack of humanity.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

popeye1945 wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:49 pm

What on earth do you THINK is uniting the world????????????????????????????????????????????????? The world hates America for very good reasons, mainly its lack of humanity.
What has "America" done that is so uniquely hateful, that other countries and their leaders have not also done? I don't excuse what we have done but I cannot excuse other countries for what they have done either. I just want strife and destruction to end. That's all. I'm not omniscient, and I assume neither are you but I'd rather see an end to war and a beginning of peace and cooperation in which to solve or mitigate the environmental crisis.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:55 pm

What has "America" done that is so uniquely hateful, that other countries and their leaders have not also done? I don't excuse what we have done but I cannot excuse other countries for what they have done either. I just want strife and destruction to end. That's all. I'm not omniscient, and I assume neither are you but I'd rather see an end to war and a beginning of peace and cooperation in which to solve or mitigate the environmental crisis.
"Those who fight monsters, must beware of becoming one." At the end of World War two America was the last man standing, it became the monster that had been defeated. The reason you don't hear about America's crimes against humanity is your corporate-owned news outlets. When you know longer hear the voice of the global community you know you are being programmed. Why do you think the world is uniting so? The answer is, the world has a common enemy, an enemy with the greatest war machine the world has ever seen. They thought they could subdue the world with their military might, this is the surprise they did not count on, a united front. Ukraine's people are dying as puppets to America's aggression, unfortunate but true. Compassion is one thing America is profoundly lacking, as the world knows from its past experiences. You seem to think you are the only one here moved by human suffering, but obviously you have not been moved by the world at large suffering. Think for just a moment, what would unite such a scattering of nations to unite, ponder for awhile.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

popeye1945 wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:19 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:55 pm

"Those who fight monsters, must beware of becoming one." At the end of World War two America was the last man standing, it became the monster that had been defeated."
We helped rebuild Europe and parts of Asia. We tried to assist South Vietnam but North Vietnam didn't want that. They were supplied with arms and aid from China and Russia with which to invade South Vietnam. South Vietnam did not invade North Vietnam. Were we wrong to send our own soldiers to defend South Vietnam? It seems so to me. We should just let other parts of the world work out their own problems. That is the "isolationist" attitude that has also been present in America since World War 1 (when we went to the aid of Britain, France and the other countries aligned with them).
The reason you don't hear about America's crimes against humanity is your corporate-owned news outlets. When you know longer hear the voice of the global community you know you are being programmed. Why do you think the world is uniting so? The answer is, the world has a common enemy, an enemy with the greatest war machine the world has ever seen. They thought they could subdue the world with their military might, this is the surprise they did not count on, a united front. Ukraine's people are dying as puppets to America's aggression, unfortunate but true. Compassion is one thing America is profoundly lacking, as the world knows from its past experiences.

I've read a number of Noam Chomsky's writings, therefore I know of a lot of terrible things that have been attributed to the CIA and US military as well as the corporate elite. I'm not in any position of leadership or authority to do much about those things other than complain on the Internet, however, they seem little worse to me than the genocide that "Marxist" governments have allegedly inflicted on their own people. Mao and Stalin are said to have done great harm to their own populations. Should my government have fought to "save" countries near them. No. I think we should have minded our own business. Our efforts quickly translated into profit opportunities for arms manufacturers and other people seeking to profit.
You seem to think you are the only one here moved by human suffering, but obviously you have not been moved by the world at large suffering. Think for just a moment, what would unite such a scattering of nations to unite, ponder for awhile.
Not at all. I have been imploring everyone I know of to put an end to wars and strife. I have maintained a position that the war in Ukraine must end and that Putin needs to be given concessions in order to make that possible. You have completely mischaracterized my position. Why?

I can only understand what I have read and heard. I have read and heard that there are conflicts all over the world right now. Those conflicts need to end and I have stated clearly that the world needs to focus on stabilizing the ecosystem which we are a part of. That means putting down weapons and seeking solutions such as alternative energy or alternative ways of living.

Is there some need to all these wars in the world that I'm hearing about? Is there some need for the wars to happen in the streets of America? We are a relatively diverse society from most in the world. We have many people from different nations, races and ethnicities. Should we break out and fight each other in the streets? War against wars is not a solution. Peace for the sake of peace seems like a better solution to me.