Should "Age" refrain from using UPPERCASE letters?

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Are posts from Age easier to read and appear more intelligent when he refrains from using UPPERCASE?

YES
67%
NO
33%

Total votes: 9

Re: Should "Age" refrain from using UPPERCASE letters?

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:23 pm
Age wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:55 am
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:07 pm

Well, in his defense, it seems to me he's probably been through some bumps in the road himself. If he's still young, then he has a long journey ahead of him and it won't be easy. If he's an adult himself, then he's at least made it through this far. If it's possible for a person to change, then hopefully that will happen and the road ahead will be something worth traveling.
What do you mean by, IF it is POSSIBLE for a person to change?

OF COURSE people CAN change. And, in Fact, it is IMPOSSIBLE to NOT change.
Really?
YES.
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:23 pm Is it easy for you to change your writing style?
YES
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:23 pmIf so, what prevents you from doing so?
Want.
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:23 pmClearly, you're getting on a lot of people's nerves.
Okay, but what are you basing the 'lot' word on, EXACTLY, here?
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:23 pm You don't seem to care. I'm kind of the same. It's difficult to change who we are at our core.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
What is 'it', EXACTLY, at 'our core'?

And, who or what does the 'our' word here refer to, EXACTLY?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:46 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:23 pmClearly, you're getting on a lot of people's nerves.
The number of contributors to this thread, for starters. Quite a few regulars have chimed in.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:56 pm
Age wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:46 pm
The number of contributors to this thread, for starters.
Okay.
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:56 pm Quite a few regulars have chimed in.
Okay
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

@Age, you're screaming, so they say, into our ears. Shouting matches, philosophy is not, again because so they say. I don't mind it though - I've lived all me life in the vicinity of a fish market! :mrgreen:

Post by Age »

Agent Smith wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:58 am @Age, you're screaming, so they say, into our ears.
Is 'what they say', always factual and true?

Also, can you REALLY hear the scream of words, through the ears, when you are reading?
Agent Smith wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:58 am Shouting matches, philosophy is not, again because so they say.
Do you always base the fact or truth of some thing, solely on what "others" tell you?

Also, what 'philosophy' ACTUALLY IS has NOT YET been discussed, thus NOR decided.
Agent Smith wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:58 am I don't mind it though - I've lived all me life in the vicinity of a fish market! :mrgreen:
Again, can you hear the noise of words, in the ears, when you read?

And, that, 'I am shouting', is just A Wrong ASSUMPTION here, anyway.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Age wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:39 am And, that, 'I am shouting', is just A Wrong ASSUMPTION here, anyway.
It's not an assumption, it's a perception. They are not telling you what they think your intentions are, they are telling you how they perceived your writing. "I perceive this as shouting" is them telling you something about their internal mental state, so it's not an assumption at all.

Post by Age »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:56 am
Age wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:39 am And, that, 'I am shouting', is just A Wrong ASSUMPTION here, anyway.
It's not an assumption, it's a perception. They are not telling you what they think your intentions are, they are telling you how they perceived your writing.

BUT I have ALREADY INFORMED what my ACTUAL 'intentions' ARE, EXACTLY.

So, if for those who have been INFORMED of what the ACTUAL and IRREFUTABLE Truth IS, EXACTLY, and want to DISMISS the Fact, then I am PERFECTLY FINE with their completely and utterly, OBVIOUSLY, Wrong and Incorrect 'perceptions'.

"I perceive this as shouting" is them telling you something about their internal mental state, so it's not an assumption at all.
LOL Telling me what one 'perceives' is PERFECTLY FINE with me. But how MANY people here express their views as just being 'perceptions' ONLY?

Also, UNTIL one OBTAINS absolute CLARITY, of the 'thing' that their 'perceptions' ARE OF, EXACTLY, then their 'view' can be, essentially, just an 'assumption' OR a 'perception'.

Will you INFORM us of what a 'perception' could also be BEFORE it is confirmed to be a True, Right, or Correct 'perception'?

Or, in other words, what is a 'view', or 'perception', of some 'thing' BEFORE the ACTUAL and IRREFUTABLE Truth IS OBTAINED?

Is 'it' an ASSUMPTION or is 'it' NOT?

SURE, people can say and write, 'I perceive this as shouting', but that does NOT necessarily have ANY thing to do with what is ACTUALLY True. Just like people can say and write, ' I perceive the sun is revolving around the earth', but, again, that does NOT necessarily have ANY thing to do with what is ACTUALLY True. So, UNTIL the ACTUAL Truth is OBTAINED, a 'perception' is, essentially, just an ASSUMPTION.

Also, I would NEVER EVER dispute a 'perception', itself, because whatever is said to be being 'perceived' could NEVER be refuted, so attempting to 'dispute' would just be a complete WASTE. But, if someone expressed 'their perception', especially when it is about what I am saying and/or doing, I do have a right to Correct 'their perception', correct?
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Age wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:01 pm Also, I would NEVER EVER dispute a 'perception', itself, because whatever is said to be being 'perceived' could NEVER be refuted, so attempting to 'dispute' would just be a complete WASTE. But, if someone expressed 'their perception', especially when it is about what I am saying and/or doing, I do have a right to Correct 'their perception', correct?
No, not correct. If someone says "this food tastes bad", you don't correct their perception of the food and say "actually it tastes good". Your writing style is like something that tastes bad.

Let me tell you, no amount of arguing with anybody is going to make your posts start tasting good. The only thing that will do that is you changing how you post.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

In other words, when I tell you your all caps style of writing feels like shouting, you telling me "well actually it's not meant to be shouting" doesn't really help much. It's not about what you mean. It's about how it feels. You telling me you don't mean it that way doesn't stop it from feeling that way.

The feeling isn't a statement about your intentions, like I said, so your intentions don't play a part.

Post by Age »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:22 pm
Age wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:01 pm Also, I would NEVER EVER dispute a 'perception', itself, because whatever is said to be being 'perceived' could NEVER be refuted, so attempting to 'dispute' would just be a complete WASTE. But, if someone expressed 'their perception', especially when it is about what I am saying and/or doing, I do have a right to Correct 'their perception', correct?
No, not correct.

So, you can say you 'perceive' absolutely ANY thing about absolutely ANY one or about what ANY one does, and then that is 'end of story', as some might say, or end of discussion, correct?
Flannel Jesus wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:22 pmIf someone says "this food tastes bad", you don't correct their perception of the food and say "actually it tastes good". Your writing style is like something that tastes bad.
LOL you OBVIOUSLY have NOT been READING, AND SEEING, what I have been ACTUALLY WRITING, AND MEANING.

Do you KNOW WHY this IS, EXACTLY?
Flannel Jesus wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:22 pm Let me tell you, no amount of arguing with anybody is going to make your posts start tasting good. The only thing that will do that is you changing how you post.
This is YOUR perception', right?

By the way, 'you' may post TO ARGUE, but DO 'I'?

Also, what you are saying here now has NOTHING to do with the CLAIM that you were 'trying to' make before. OBVIOUSLY, you have been wanting to DEFLECT to get to EXPRESS your OWN personal 'perception' here.

Post by Age »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:26 pm In other words, when I tell you your all caps style of writing feels like shouting, you telling me "well actually it's not meant to be shouting" doesn't really help much.
Well, OBVIOUSLY, it would NOT to one who is so completely and utterly Closed to ANY thing besides their OWN views and perceptions of things.

I have ALREADY INFORMED what MY INTENTIONS ARE, and if you do NOT like this or do NOT want to accept this, then so be it. I do NOT care.
Flannel Jesus wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:26 pm It's not about what you mean. It's about how it feels.
LOL So you REALLY BELIEVE this ALL revolves around "flannel jesus" and 'its' feelings, and thatbYOUR 'perceptions' ALWAYS OVERRIDE the speaker's or writer's True INTENTION/S and MEANING/S, right?
Flannel Jesus wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:26 pm You telling me you don't mean it that way doesn't stop it from feeling that way.
So, WHO, EXACTLY, has CONTROL OVER YOUR feelings, here?
Flannel Jesus wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:26 pm The feeling isn't a statement about your intentions, like I said, so your intentions don't play a part.
And I have absolutely NO OBLIGATION to CHANGE the WAY I write because of YOUR feelings.

Also, if just SOME, or even LOTS of, capitalised letters have CONTROL OVER 'you' or OVER 'your' feelings, then if 'I' was 'you', 'I' would START having a good, hard LOOK AT "yourself", as some might say.

I WRITE here for a VERY SPECIFIC PURPOSE, and the 'feelings' of 'you', or a VERY TINY FEW, about the WAY I write is of absolutely NO concern AT ALL, to me. Especially considering what I am ACTUALLY writing ABOUT.

The size or format of letters is the very LEAST of MY CONCERNS here.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

You don't care that the majority of people don't want to read what you write. That's your right, you don't have to care. You don't need to change, and everyone who finds it painful to read what you write can just continue ignoring you. There's nothing immoral about that state of affairs.
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

Age wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:39 am
Agent Smith wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:58 am @Age, you're screaming, so they say, into our ears.
Is 'what they say', always factual and true?

Also, can you REALLY hear the scream of words, through the ears, when you are reading?
Agent Smith wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:58 am Shouting matches, philosophy is not, again because so they say.
Do you always base the fact or truth of some thing, solely on what "others" tell you?

Also, what 'philosophy' ACTUALLY IS has NOT YET been discussed, thus NOR decided.
Agent Smith wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:58 am I don't mind it though - I've lived all me life in the vicinity of a fish market! :mrgreen:
Again, can you hear the noise of words, in the ears, when you read?

And, that, 'I am shouting', is just A Wrong ASSUMPTION here, anyway.
I quite like your style so you can rest easy; you'll face no problems from me. Back to what you were discussing sir/madam as the case may be.
Last edited by Agent Smith on Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Age »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:29 pm You don't care that the majority of people don't want to read what you write.
LOL The 'majority of people', which you refer to here, are ONLY the dozen or so posters, in this one of millions of forums. So, just to CLARIFY and to BE CLEAR, NO I do NOT REALLY CARE if the 'majority of 'current' posters in this forum' read what I write.

As I have been continually saying, my target audience is NOT necessarily the posters, in this forum, in the days when these writings are taking place, anyway.
Flannel Jesus wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:29 pm That's your right, you don't have to care. You don't need to change, and everyone who finds it painful to read what you write can just continue ignoring you.
I thought that this was SO OBVIOUS that it did NOT, literally, NEED to be SAID, NOR even WRITTEN OUT. But maybe it was NOT.
Flannel Jesus wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:29 pm There's nothing immoral about that state of affairs.
If you SAY and BELIEVE SO, then 'it' MUST BE SO, correct?
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

@Age, you do realize that YOU have OPTIONS, right? :mrgreen: