Is being 'anti vax' a form of suicide?

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Sculptor

Re: Is being 'anti vax' a form of suicide?

Post by Sculptor »

Phil8659 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:57 pm I am not either one. I believe that what we do to our body is a biological choice.
I will not take the vax, because I believe if my body cannot take it, fuck it, nature will try again.

I have laid in delirium for three days once, soaking my bed with sweat, I allowed my body to fend for itself. I have never had to take a flu shot because of it. Nor ever had the flu since.

Ever here of the term watershed, in biology?
I image you are young?
Please stay away from old people when you are infectious.
You can still die at any age from infections, BTW.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

RCSaunders wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:53 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:48 am Anyone ...
Just out of curiosity:

Many people refuse to eat what are called GMO (i.e. genetically modified) foods. What I would like to know is how many of those same people who shun GMO foods, run right out to have genetically modified (covid vaccines) injected into their bodies? This seems like a contradiction to me. If GMO is fine for vaccines, how can it be bad for food, or vice versa?
GMO anxiety is not rational - what do you expect?
MagsJ

Post by MagsJ »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:11 pm
MagsJ wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:04 pm
bahman wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:28 pm It is not only suicide but a crime too since you put the lives of others in danger.
That has been disproven.. most of the vaxxed that I know, caught covid -and very badly so- multiple times, so I think it’s down to susceptibility/biological-makeup rather than a given.
Your anecdote is meaningless as so many are. You have to ask would they have actually died of those infactions had they NOT been vaccinated.
The fact is that the vaccinations do not stop you getting the virus but they most likley stop you getting a fatal infection since your body is prepared for it when it comes.
This was never just about a virus..
Ministers and health officials have already made public, the fact that the actual deaths from covid are much lower than recorded.. they plan to release those figures in the near future.
SAys who?
Carlson Tucker?
Um.. Ministers and top health officials, in public TV broadcasts and written statements..
They can’t feed the world or implement a decent living wage, but they can vaccinate you with a multi-billion pound vaccine, for free. 😁
Relevance?
Very..
MagsJ

Post by MagsJ »

MagsJ wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:57 pm
bahman wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:28 pm The efficacy of the vaccine is higher in adults than elderly: https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10 ... 58294/full
Doesn't mean that people aren’t getting sick from the vax.. my nephew’s mum died after her second jab, she was neither old nor ill.. her heart just stopped, for no reason at all. There was no energy in her body, for the medics to be able to restart her heart with.

Anyhoo..
post hoc ergo propter hoc
You disgust me!

You are also very uneducated, to a decent level of 'knowing' enough to be able to see the bigger picture.
MagsJ

Post by MagsJ »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:14 pm
MagsJ wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:06 pm An acquaintance of mine declared the other day, is it just me or has anyone else noticed that everyone is falling sick..?

Well I have, and it’s the vaccinated who are falling sick, from unaccountable symptoms arising from nowhere.. the main one being extreme exhaustion/fatigue.. causing plans -to be cancelled- until further notice.. coz they don’t know when they’ll be well again.
The vaccinated are 95% of the population, of course they are the ones getting sick FFS.
Try and think things through.
The fact is that they are NOT dying in the same numbers as before the vaccinations were available.
Is this making any sense to you or do I have to come round and slap you in the face a bit until you see sense?
:lol: :lol:
This was never about a virus..

Also.. your offer of violence towards me is unnecessary.. don’t do that again..

The vaccine was never mandatory, and it has now been abandoned as unnecessary..
This happened to me after having an anaesthetic some years back.. only recovering from it now, as it suppressed/damaged my nervous system, causing a multitude of symptoms to arise.

Those who never got the jab, are now happy that they never got the jab.. holding out, from the urge to succumb to the 'faux’ mandatory ploy ..many are now wishing that they had done likewise.

So.. in answer to the OP, getting 'vaxxed' is a form of suicide.
What a confused collection of anecdotes you have at your disposal" :lol:
God for a grown man, you are so naive..
Phil8659

Post by Phil8659 »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:15 pm
Phil8659 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:57 pm I am not either one. I believe that what we do to our body is a biological choice.
I will not take the vax, because I believe if my body cannot take it, fuck it, nature will try again.

I have laid in delirium for three days once, soaking my bed with sweat, I allowed my body to fend for itself. I have never had to take a flu shot because of it. Nor ever had the flu since.

I image you are young?
Why thank you, I am 72 years young.
I don't mind anyone's physical age, I do pay attention to their mental age.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

bahman wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:28 pm The efficacy of the vaccine is higher in adults than elderly: https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10 ... 58294/full
Doesn't mean that people aren’t getting sick from the vax.. my nephew’s mum died after her second jab, she was neither old nor ill.. her heart just stopped, for no reason at all. There was no energy in her body, for the medics to be able to restart her heart with.

Anyhoo..
Yes. Both of the ones I knew just died suddenly in their sleep, for no apparent reason. They weren't sick--just tired.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

I image you are young?
So you want everyone else to get it to protect YOU. If the vaccine works then what are you so worried about? If you want to smoke and drink yourself into a state of terrible health then that's your problem. I resent having to go through the hideous grieving process over someone who didn't want the vaccine anyway but had to or they wouldn't have been allowed to work.
MagsJ

Post by MagsJ »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:35 am Yes. Both of the ones I knew just died suddenly in their sleep, for no apparent reason. They weren't sick--just tired.
Coincidence? ..I don’t think so.

I don’t think I’ve ever had covid, either..

Well said.. in that vaccines are supposed to protect you, not others..
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

MagsJ wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:56 pm
MagsJ wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:04 pm
That has been disproven.. most of the vaxxed that I know, caught covid -and very badly so- multiple times, so I think it’s down to susceptibility/biological-makeup rather than a given.
Your anecdote is meaningless as so many are. You have to ask would they have actually died of those infactions had they NOT been vaccinated.
The fact is that the vaccinations do not stop you getting the virus but they most likley stop you getting a fatal infection since your body is prepared for it when it comes.
This was never just about a virus..
Ministers and health officials have already made public, the fact that the actual deaths from covid are much lower than recorded.. they plan to release those figures in the near future.
SAys who?
Carlson Tucker?
Um.. Ministers and top health officials, in public TV broadcasts and written statements..
Please cite
They can’t feed the world or implement a decent living wage, but they can vaccinate you with a multi-billion pound vaccine, for free. 😁
Relevance?
Very..
None.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

MagsJ wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:01 am

Anyhoo..
post hoc ergo propter hoc
You disgust me!

You are also very uneducated, to a decent level of 'knowing' enough to be able to see the bigger picture.
You are so much more educated than me that you had to look up that Latin phrase! :lol:
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

MagsJ wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:20 am
MagsJ wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:06 pm An acquaintance of mine declared the other day, is it just me or has anyone else noticed that everyone is falling sick..?

Well I have, and it’s the vaccinated who are falling sick, from unaccountable symptoms arising from nowhere.. the main one being extreme exhaustion/fatigue.. causing plans -to be cancelled- until further notice.. coz they don’t know when they’ll be well again.
The vaccinated are 95% of the population, of course they are the ones getting sick FFS.
Try and think things through.
The fact is that they are NOT dying in the same numbers as before the vaccinations were available.
Is this making any sense to you or do I have to come round and slap you in the face a bit until you see sense?
:lol: :lol:
This was never about a virus..

Also.. your offer of violence towards me is unnecessary.. don’t do that again..

The vaccine was never mandatory, and it has now been abandoned as unnecessary..
Whether or not more vaccinations will be necessary in the future, the fact that the program of vaccinations has slowed down is because they have WORKED.
This happened to me after having an anaesthetic some years back.. only recovering from it now, as it suppressed/damaged my nervous system, causing a multitude of symptoms to arise.

Those who never got the jab, are now happy that they never got the jab.. holding out, from the urge to succumb to the 'faux’ mandatory ploy ..many are now wishing that they had done likewise.

So.. in answer to the OP, getting 'vaxxed' is a form of suicide.
What a confused collection of anecdotes you have at your disposal" :lol:
Idiot
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Phil8659 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:29 am

I imagine you are young?
Why thank you, I am 72 years young.
I don't mind anyone's physical age, I do pay attention to their mental age.
I hope you survive the winter, because COVID is coming back with yet another mutation.

High summer is the time least likely to show a growth in infections, yet with people abandoning precautions and testing things are starting to go bad again.

The overall hospital admission rate of COVID-19-confirmed patients in England increased to 14.59 per 100,000 people, while the intensive care unit (ICU) and high dependency unit (HDU) admission rate increased slightly but remained low at 0.39 per 100,000 people in the week ending 3 July 2022. Hospital admission rates increased in all regions and all groups aged 5 years and over in the latest week.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulation ... /hospitals

Just saying.
Last year you will recall that COVID was in the increase at the end of the Summer.
bahman

Post by bahman »

MagsJ wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:28 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:35 am Yes. Both of the ones I knew just died suddenly in their sleep, for no apparent reason. They weren't sick--just tired.
Coincidence? ..I don’t think so.

I don’t think I’ve ever had covid, either..

Well said.. in that vaccines are supposed to protect you, not others..
The vaccine protects others too by blocking the pathway for the spread of infection.
MagsJ

Post by MagsJ »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:41 am
MagsJ wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:56 pm This was never just about a virus..
Sculptor wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:11 pm SAys who?
Carlson Tucker?
Please cite
It was all over TV during lockdown, and in the news after.. how could you possibly miss it?
Sculptor wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:11 pm You are so much more educated than me that you had to look up that Latin phrase! :lol:
“post hoc ergo propter hoc”
Knowing French and some Latin, I kinda figured it out.. it wasn’t rocket science.
MagsJ wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:20 am
Sculptor wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:14 pm Whether or not more vaccinations will be necessary in the future, the fact that the program of vaccinations has slowed down is because they have WORKED.
Idiot
So then why doesn’t everyone take the flu jab, to slow down the spread of the flu?