Fake Hate Crimes

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Immanuel Can

Fake Hate Crimes

Post by Immanuel Can »

Jussie Smollett has been found guilty of five counts of faking a "homophobic," "racist," "right wing" hate crime.

If "White Supremacy" is such a massive, national danger, why did he find it necessary to fake one? Why didn't he just go out and find some "White Supremacists" and taunt them, or invite them into beating him up? They should have been pretty willing to oblige, shouldn't they? Why did he have to pay two Nigerian friends to stage the event? And why would anybody wish to be beaten up, anyway?

What is this need for fake instances of "White Supremacy"? If they're happening all the time, why should it be necessary to fabricate any? Shouldn't evidence of such a national threat be abundant?

Thoughts?

Re: Fake Hate Crimes

Post by Age »

Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:00 pm Jussie Smollett has been found guilty of five counts of faking a "homophobic," "racist," "right wing" hate crime.

If "White Supremacy" is such a massive, national danger, why did he find it necessary to fake one? Why didn't he just go out and find some "White Supremacists" and taunt them, or invite them into beating him up? They should have been pretty willing to oblige, shouldn't they? Why did he have to pay two Nigerian friends to stage the event? And why would anybody wish to be beaten up, anyway?

What is this need for fake instances of "White Supremacy"? If they're happening all the time, why should it be necessary to fabricate any? Shouldn't evidence of such a national threat be abundant?

Thoughts?
Your judgmental, hateful, one-sided, and racist views and BELIEFS are very evident.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Age wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:00 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:00 pm Jussie Smollett has been found guilty of five counts of faking a "homophobic," "racist," "right wing" hate crime.

Thoughts?
Your judgmental, hateful, one-sided, and racist views and BELIEFS are very evident.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah, yeah. That's the sort of thing people say when they've got nothing to say.

Post by Age »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:45 am
Age wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:00 am

Thoughts?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah, yeah. That's the sort of thing people say when they've got nothing to say.
It may well be, or not. But it is also something that can be PROVED True.

And, you did ask for 'thoughts?' I just provided some, and the first ones that came about from reading your opening post here. .
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Thoughts?
I don't understand the point of the line of questioning above. I mean, what are you trying to say, that there's no such thing as racism against blacks or prejudice toward homosexuals? Just because a person is found guilty of faking a crime, doesn't necessarily mean others aren't victims of genuine instances of that crime. A person faking a crime doesn't prove much of anything other than that a particular person X faked a crime. Sometimes people do stupid things for stupid reasons. It's been known to happen from time to time.

As far as the existence of "white supremacists." I suppose some whites probably are just that in a very strict sense. It's a pretty blatant fact that Europe, Eurasia, and North America are considerably wealthier than Africa and various other regions. Either a person can think that whites are ahead in the game because we're better at various important things or they can believe that we're ahead in the game because of whatever unfair practices or they can believe some combination of both.

Which do you think is the case? Are whites just better (superior) at certain things to non-whites or are non-whites generally being prevented from getting ahead by unfair practices? Or do you believe that there is no disparity in wealth and technology between Europe and Africa (for example)? Technically the latter would be an example of racism whereby blacks are discriminated against in spite of having roughly equal talents, whereas the former would pretty much be a belief in white "supremacy," a belief in some sort of innate superiority possessed by whites over blacks. Or do you see some other possibility whereby neither racism nor a belief in the supremacy of white culture exists? And if so, then what do you think explains the discrepancy in wealth or technology between those two particular cultures.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:10 am

Thoughts?
I don't understand the point of the line of questioning above. I mean, what are you trying to say, that there's no such thing as racism against blacks or prejudice toward homosexuals?
There probably is, though I've never seen any. (I've heard the odd quip about homosexuals, but "sticks and stones...," as they say.) So no, Gary, I'm not saying whether or not it happens. I'm asking why, if it's (according to the Left, and plausibly after "global warming") the biggest concern on earth, a "White Supremacist" threat promising to swallow the nation, in fact, why anybody would need to fake it? Shouldn't it be everywhere, all the time, just waiting to leap into action?
It's been known to happen from time to time.
Maybe so. But "time to time" is way too small-scale to justify the panic the Left wants induced. The fact is that the vast majority of Americans are neither racist, nor focused on anybody else's pecadillos, nor "supremacist" of anything. And that's really easy to discover. I'm sure you know it.
As far as the existence of "white supremacists." I suppose some whites probably are just that in a very strict sense.

Maybe. But then, why is to hard to find them?
It's a pretty blatant fact that Europe, Eurasia, and North America are considerably wealthier than Africa and various other regions.

That means nothing. Joe Biden is immeasurably wealthier than me. So is Nany Pelosi, of course, and Bernie Sanders. Does that mean they stole it from Africa? Maybe it does. But I didn't. And most people didn't. (https://www.businessinsider.com/persona ... -to-wealth)
Either a person can think that whites are ahead in the game because we're better at various important things or they can believe that we're ahead in the game because of whatever unfair practices or they can believe some combination of both.

Why is Lebron James richer than me? Did he do me some unfairness?

No, he's better at doing something I can't, or something I chose not to do, but that people value.
Which do you think is the case?
Neither. It's a false dichotomy. It is not the case that if somebody is richer than somebody else, they stole the money or took some unfair advantage. Neither is even the way most people get rich.
Are whites just better (superior) at certain things to non-whites or are non-whites generally being prevented from getting ahead by unfair practices?

No to both. And if "white supremacy" is the way people get to the top, then how come the most successful two communities in North America are non-white and immigrant? I'm speaking of the Indian (East) and Chinese. They both exceed "whites" in achievement and wealth per capita. https://www.pewresearch.org/social-tren ... americans/

Are we now to start fearing "brown supremacism" or "yellow supremacism"? :shock: What nonsense that would be, right?
Or do you see some other possibility whereby neither racism nor a belief in the supremacy of white culture exists?
It's not a matter of what "I" see, Gary. I can be wrong, as can anybody who just goes with an impression. But neither is it a matter of what you have been suggesting, evidently. It's a matter of what the research proves, as above. Wealth does not mean exploitation, and "whites" are not the top demographic.

But again, why, in a supposedly wildly-racist America, did Jussie Smollett have to fake a hate crime? Shouldn't he have very easily been able to locate the resources to produce a real one?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:02 pm But again, why, in a supposedly wildly-racist America, did Jussie Smollett have to fake a hate crime? Shouldn't he have very easily been able to locate the resources to produce a real one?
You make some fair points. I suppose a question that resonates in my mind at the moment is, if Donald Trump gets to be President, who else should get that privilege handed to them? Just because some billionaire has it on his "bucket list" doesn't necessarily mean it's a good idea.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:37 pm You make some fair points. I suppose a question that resonates in my mind at the moment is, if Donald Trump...
You've lost me, Gary...I can't figure out where your mind jumped tracks there.

What's Trump got to do with fake hate crimes?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:11 am
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:37 pm You make some fair points. I suppose a question that resonates in my mind at the moment is, if Donald Trump...
You've lost me, Gary...I can't figure out where your mind jumped tracks there.

What's Trump got to do with fake hate crimes?
Unfortunately, it's a long way from here to there and I don't have the skill nor power to satisfactorily draw out the connection, however, there is one, at least in my estimation of things. Trump supporters want to throw a monkey wrench into the "liberal agenda". But I believe it is a reckless move on their part. I mean, good luck with Trump, but he's trouble. Just look at where we're at with China now--tensions escalating, military spending increasing on all sides. Leaders need to be savvy in statecraft. Trump is a wild man turned loose in a glass house. I fear for the future of the US and the West--my people as it were. I really do. I don't want to see a war between anyone.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:37 am Trump supporters want to throw a monkey wrench into the "liberal agenda".
I don't know who these "Trump supporters" are, Gary, but many conservatives today are very enthusiastic about classical liberalism. It's the Neo-Marxism they don't like. And who can blame them?

I have the impression that Trump is just the former president. I actually find it quite quaint and silly when the Democrats insist that he's some sort of danger now. How can he be a danger when the Democrats control the whole political mechanism of the U.S. right now? Are they that insecure? It's hard to see why.

But I still see no relationship between Trump and fake hate crimes...unless you're trying to suggest that Smollett was trying to prevent Trump from being elected, or something...But I can't make sense of a claim like that, either.

So how do fake hate crimes help the Democrats? You're going to have to help me there, Gary.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:46 am
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:37 am Trump supporters want to throw a monkey wrench into the "liberal agenda".
I don't know who these "Trump supporters" are, Gary, but many conservatives today are very enthusiastic about classical liberalism. It's the Neo-Marxism they don't like. And who can blame them?

I have the impression that Trump is just the former president. I actually find it quite quaint and silly when the Democrats insist that he's some sort of danger now. How can he be a danger when the Democrats control the whole political mechanism of the U.S. right now? Are they that insecure? It's hard to see why.

But I still see no relationship between Trump and fake hate crimes...unless you're trying to suggest that Smollett was trying to prevent Trump from being elected, or something...But I can't make sense of a claim like that, either.

So how do fake hate crimes help the Democrats? You're going to have to help me there, Gary.
Do you truly believe in God, IC?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:01 am Do you truly believe in God, IC?
Heh. :D What a question!

Absolutely, Gary. I thought I was putting that "right out there." Was I too subtle?

"Immanuel" means "God with us." Just so you know.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:03 am
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:01 am Do you truly believe in God, IC?
Heh. :D What a question!

Absolutely, Gary. I thought I was putting that "right out there." Was I too subtle?

"Immanuel" means "God with us." Just so you know.
Do you believe that all things in life are interconnected or do you believe that each thing stands on its own, unaffected by anything else around it?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:05 am Do you believe that all things in life are interconnected or do you believe that each thing stands on its own, unaffected by anything else around it?
How about neither?

There are things that are connected to other things, and things that are more stand-alone. Some things, a person can do nothing about; in other things, the choices are all ours.

What's that old line from the famous "Serenity Prayer"?

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can -- and the wisdom to know the difference."

That's actually quite good.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:58 am
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:05 am Do you believe that all things in life are interconnected or do you believe that each thing stands on its own, unaffected by anything else around it?
How about neither?

There are things that are connected to other things, and things that are more stand-alone. Some things, a person can do nothing about; in other things, the choices are all ours.

What's that old line from the famous "Serenity Prayer"?

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can -- and the wisdom to know the difference."

That's actually quite good.
So you believe that things are neither interconnected nor not interconnected. Do you really believe that or are you just being purposely disagreeable--essentially believing neither p nor ~p?