American Marxism

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Re: American Marxism

Post by Gary Childress »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:57 am
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:43 pm This world is a dungeon and the creator of it is a monster. That's my final word on the matter. Think whatever you want.
So you're angry because the God you hate, insult and spit at isn't on your side? Very clever. Let's see how that kind of thinking works out for you.

And let's see who gets the final word.
You have no understanding of who I am and what I've been through. You side with God because you think it will be to your personal benefit. Fuck off, lackey.
Last edited by Gary Childress on Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:17 am
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:43 pm This world is a dungeon and the creator of it is a monster. That's my final word on the matter. Think whatever you want.
So you're angry because the God you hate, insult and spit at isn't on your side? Very clever. Let's see how that kind of thinking works out for you.

You have no understanding of who I am and what I've been through. You side with God because you think it will be to your personal benefit. Fuck off, lacky.
Or better yet, just shut up for a change and walk away. This is not your fight. God doesn't need your help to trample and negate me. Or perhaps God likes his lackeys to do his dirty work for him. Go mind your own business and stop darkening my life. I have God for that purpose.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

God's demon henchmen, when they can't convince you to prostrate yourself before God, they assault your dignity and intelligence. Apparently, God needs his lackeys to beat on you. Just walk away IC. This is between me and God. Go worship your demon.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:24 am God's demon henchmen, when they can't convince you to prostrate yourself before God, they assault your dignity and intelligence. Apparently, God needs his lackeys to beat on you. Just walk away IC. This is between me and God. Go worship your demon.
There's so such thing as 'god'. Stop fretting about it and get over it. Your tiffs with the resident religious nut-job and sociopath IC are tedious. He plays with you like a cat playing with a mouse. It's not pleasant.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:51 am
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:24 am God's demon henchmen, when they can't convince you to prostrate yourself before God, they assault your dignity and intelligence. Apparently, God needs his lackeys to beat on you. Just walk away IC. This is between me and God. Go worship your demon.
There's so such thing as 'god'. Stop fretting about it and get over it. Your tiffs with the resident religious nut-job and sociopath IC are tedious. He plays with you like a cat playing with a mouse. It's not pleasant.
Yes. I know IC likes to toy with the mentally ill. It makes him feel lofty and pious. "Christians" are welcome to show their true colors as far as I'm concerned.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

You have no understanding of who I am and what I've been through.
No, I don't. I would never pretend to. Nor does anybody but God Himself. He's the only one who ever could actually help you. And He's the one you're going to war with. :?

So you're trying to marshall the sympathy of those who could never help you, all the folks here, and doing your darndest to alienate the only Person that can help you.

Is that in any way productive to your own interests? I can't see how.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:15 pm

No, I don't. I would never pretend to. Nor does anybody but God Himself. He's the only one who ever could actually help you. And He's the one you're going to war with. :?

So you're trying to marshall the sympathy of those who could never help you, all the folks here, and doing your darndest to alienate the only Person that can help you.

Why should I expect God to help me any more than he helps those who experience the most horrible fates? People meet horrible fates all the time. God clearly doesn't care. I don't subscribe to the view that all those who suffer deserve to suffer. Certainly we mortals are, fallible and make unjust mistakes. So what's God's excuse for the suffering he inflicts or else allows? 🤔
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:29 pm

Why should I expect God to help me any more than he helps those who experience the most horrible fates?
You're not asking. That's why you're not getting.

In fact, you're begging for the opposite. You're defying God, asking him to leave you alone to the vicissitudes of this world...as if He had caused you to be what and where you are.

See how that's working out for you?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:51 am Stop fretting about it and get over it.
Such sage advice: "You're suffering with personal distress and mental illness...so just get over it."

With so much compassion and insight, it's a wonder you're not a psychologist. :roll:
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:34 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:29 pm

Why should I expect God to help me any more than he helps those who experience the most horrible fates?
You're not asking. That's why you're not getting.

In fact, you're begging for the opposite. You're defying God, asking him to leave you alone to the vicissitudes of this world...as if He had caused you to be what and where you are.

See how that's working out for you?
What? I can't get a break in finding happiness in life without asking God for it? There are people much more needy than I am in God's world. God should be doing something about their needs before mine. Fuck it. I'll do without before I go begging to God, if that's the case.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:18 pm What? I can't get a break in finding happiness in life without asking God for it?
No, you can keep taking your chances on trying to gin up sympathy among those who are bitter and angry, and can't do a thing for you. You can complain about the universe, and shake your fist at God. Or you can find somebody you think might be the answer to your problems, and try to pacify her until she makes your life wonderful. Or you can change your meds, and see if a new cocktail sets things right. And you can have another go at fixing yourself, if you've tried that, too.

You have lots of ways to see if you can find your "break." And nobody's stopping you. Your choice.

But there three types of things you know. One is that there are things that are so obviously unhelpful that they're not worth trying. Another is that there are things you've already tried, and found just not to work. The third thing you know is that you could find something new that's no more likely to work, but at least isn't anything you've tried before, and you could try that.

Or, you could admit to yourself where you really are...and that you really are at the end of the line of things you could try. And then, maybe, you might turn to the soul Source that actually can help you with what you're actually dealing with.

But if you stay angry at God, who's going to help you, given the problems you're struggling with? Do you think it's me? Veggie? Yourself? The medical profession? A woman? Who is the only Person who has the capacity to give you that "break" you need? If your challenges in life are what you say they are, there's only one answer.

Sometimes you've just got to be a realist about these things.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:30 pm
Or, you could admit to yourself where you really are...and that you really are at the end of the line of things you could try.
Oh. I've been here for a long time. I know exactly where I am and where I've been. It ain't a world run by a benevolent creator.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:58 pm
Or, you could admit to yourself where you really are...and that you really are at the end of the line of things you could try.
Oh. I've been here for a long time. I know exactly where I am and where I've been. It ain't a world run by a benevolent creator.
So you're at the end of the line, but want sympathy from those who can't help you, and to spit at the One who can?

You're going to have to explain to me how that is something that's in your own best interests. I can't see that you get anything from that deal.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:06 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:58 pm
So you're at the end of the line, but want sympathy from those who can't help you, and to spit at the One who can?

You're going to have to explain to me how that is something that's in your own best interests. I can't see that you get anything from that deal.
There's nothing any mortal can do for me other than stop giving me flak for griping. As far as I'm concerned, I've earned the right to express how I feel. I thought freedom of expression was supposed to be a good thing. I didn't realize only happy people had freedom to express themselves. If so, then I apologize to the Disney Gods.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:53 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:51 am Stop fretting about it and get over it.
Such sage advice: "You're suffering with personal distress and mental illness...so just get over it."

With so much compassion and insight, it's a wonder you're not a psychologist. :roll:
I'm not his bloody mother. And you are a disingenuous ****. You carefully left out where I was referring to your horrid little imaginery friend. You are like a vulture. It's quite revolting to see you hovering over him, sniffing at his obvious indecisiveness. Thinking only of yourself and potential heavenly brownie points. Your breath must be horrible. Yuk!
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.