Christianity

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Harbal

Re: Christianity

Post by Harbal »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:19 pm
I have certainly used phrasing to point to your deficiencies -- absolutely! And I retract none of it. But at each juncture I have clearly stated that I am making larger references to cultural trends generally.
There is nothing you have said to me, or could say to me, that needs any justification, so please, just carry on as normal. You -and I don't mean you personally, but as a type- are one of the reasons I go on forums. I know you think that I don't think, and that I am completely uninterested in what goes on around me, but that isn't strictly true. You say you are here as part of some sort of social study, well one reason I am here is because I find human nature fascinating, and there is plenty of matereal to study here. So, although I am not interested in what you are trying to teach, I am learning a lot more from you than you might imagine. You are not an uninteresting subject, Alexis, and you bring with you the added bonus of being fun to kick the legs out from under when you start to get a bit above yourself. I think we have a pretty good working relationship, don't you? :wink:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:41 pm There is a general anti-intellectual movement that becomes seductively attractive as an alternative to the demands of intellectual work.
DAM works in the arena of the anti-intellectual.

Alexis said so.

Therefore it must be true.

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:41 pm My impression of the general gobbledegook that you profess, DAM, is that you work in the arena.
Yeah but, yeah but, I'm just more zenned out than you that's why, I don't need no education, hey teacher leave us zen masters alone to our blissful state of calm attentiveness in which one's actions are guided by intuition and instinct rather than by studious, laborious tedious conscious effort. If I'd wanted to be a frigging fighter jet pilot I would have applied myself to becoming one, truth is, I didn't and couldn't care less about that deliberately missed intellectual opportunity, ok.

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:41 pm However, is true indeed that growing grass, the air, stars, and the even the Australian grey headed flying fox, never read a book. Astute observation snd unassailable at that. But humans, and human being, is what it is through language.
Hate to break it to you, all books are full of unwritten content appearing as many authors of words, and read by anyone and everyone who chooses to remember what is already known. Books are simple recordings of what is already known to everyone, recordings are dead as a dodo. Life is not a recording, it's going live, there is no instruction manual. You have to record instructions via present day hands on experience, which is subject to fail, but with repeated practice, failure can turn to success.

Anyone and everyone with a mind can follow the instructions on how to do and be anything and everything, but only if one reads the instructions first. Any dummy can do that. And some dummies choose not to bother, rather, bask in their true nature, which is the nothingness of everything. :D

Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:29 pm Yes, if you like, you may with my permission label one as a feral child, impaired of language.
You began through misunderstanding, and then continued in it.

The reference to feral children was to indicate the profound human connection with language.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:32 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:29 pm Yes, if you like, you may with my permission label one as a feral child, impaired of language.

The reference to feral children was to indicate the profound human connection with language.
Yes, if you like, you may with my permission label DAM as Miss understood.

Did you enjoy your bike ride in the mountains ? I bet you did. :wink:

Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

Harbal wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:40 pm I know you think that I don't think
More, I notice your illiteracy, your cultural and historical illiteracy, and your lack of intellectual literacy and frankly even interest.

As I’ve said I regard that as a deficiency. But I am aware (and make everyone aware) that I attempt larger, more general, cultural criticism.

The general negative animus against Christianity has a few levels. One, topical and in my view justifiable. Another, psychological.

So again the larger cultural issues are what concern me ultimately.

Not scrapes or conflicts with the individual. (You, FishPie, and DAM). They are illustrative however, as you also appreciate.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:32 pm

So let me get this straight as crooked can be.

Hmm, oh....kaaaaay, what the hell is that supposed to mean? Am I supposed to know what that means or something?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:42 pm
More, I notice your illiteracy, your cultural and historical illiteracy, and your lack of intellectual literacy and frankly even interest.
You notice what I choose to put in front of you, Mr. Jacobi, that's all you notice. 8)
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Not scrapes or conflicts with the individual. (You, FishPie, and DAM). They are illustrative however, as you also appreciate.
So it's the larger cultural issues that concern you the most, huh?

And those larger cultural issues supposedly are made up of many individuals creating the assumed concerning issues. So why not just take beef with those people who are responsible for creating the larger cultural issues that are most concerning you? and wouldn't that be meddling with certain individuals you believe to be the ones who are creating these larger cultural issue concerns? Do you think your meddling will trigger some form of scrape or conflict, or will your intellectual intervention be like waving a magic wand and making all the larger cultural issues magically just vanish into thin air, like a stain removed by an all powerful stain remover?

Or am I just being plain old Miss Understood again?
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

Further proof of just how mysterious the Christian God's ways are:

From CNN

"An international team of astrophysicists has discovered hundreds of mysterious structures in the center of the Milky Way galaxy.

"These one-dimensional cosmic threads are hundreds of horizontal or radial filaments — slender, elongated bodies of luminous gas that potentially originated a few million years ago when outflow from Sagittarius A, the Milky Way’s central supermassive black hole, interacted with surrounding materials, according to a study published Friday in The Astrophysical Journal Letters. The filaments are relatively short in length, each measuring 5 to 10 light-years.*

"The findings come nearly 40 years after Farhad Yusef-Zadeh, the study’s lead author, and other researchers discovered another population of nearly 1,000 one-dimensional filaments, which are vertical and much larger at up to 150 light-years long each **, near the galaxy’s center. Yusef-Zadeh and collaborators also found hundreds more paired and clustered vertical filaments in the same area in 2022, realizing the filaments were likely related to Sagittarius A activity rather than bursts of supernovae, which they had previously thought. The new study both reinforces and builds upon the earlier findings."

Components of Heaven perhaps?

* 30 trillion to 60 trillion miles
** 900 trillion miles
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

As I’ve said I regard that as a deficiency. But I am aware (and make everyone aware) that I attempt larger, more general, cultural criticism.

The general negative animus against Christianity has a few levels. One, topical and in my view justifiable. Another, psychological.

Listen, has it ever occurred to you that the only reason the world is full of intellectually deficient, illiterate retards, who by no fault of their own, were just being raised by the intellectually deficient, illiterate retards that were their parents ad infinitum.

And that you personally seem to have no problem labeling people as such, then you are complicit in perpetuating what you call the cultural issues that you are concerned about.

In other words, you are only fucking with yourself, fucking yourself over and over. If the world is so fucked up, then it's because that's the way you like it. Otherwise you'd stop breeding more intellectually deficient, illiterate retards to come and join in the party, like adding fuel to the fire, creating more and more ever increasing larger concerning cultural issues.

So what are you going to personally do about your concerns ? Stick the retards in a mental institution? gosh, I hope there's enough space to fit them all in.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

iambiguous wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:19 pm

Nah, more like heaps of useless slender, elongated bodies of luminous gas, about as much use as a chocolate oven.
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:40 pm
iambiguous wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:19 pm

Nah, more like heaps of useless slender, elongated bodies of luminous gas, about as much use as a chocolate oven.
I've always imagined human souls themselves being in the vicinity of a luminous gas.

Souls, in fact, are described as the "spiritual essence" of human beings.

But how many Christians have actually thought that through?

Okay, you die. Your body disintegrates back to star stuff. It's your soul that goes to Heaven. If it qualifies. But what exactly can souls do? Can they see, hear, touch, smell, taste?

No, seriously.

For those who are Christians here, what do you suppose unfolds in Heaven from day to day among souls?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

iambiguous wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:52 pm
No, seriously.

For those who are Christians here, what do you suppose unfolds in Heaven from day to day among souls?
Hell, I mean who the heck wants to be mingle forever with the likes of the IC's of this world?

Jesus Christ. Give me a break. :shock:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

iambiguous wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:52 pm

Okay, you die. Your body disintegrates back to star stuff. It's your soul that goes to Heaven. If it qualifies. But what exactly can souls do? Can they see, hear, touch, smell, taste?
According to Nondual truth.

That which is without sight, sees.
That which is without hearing, hears.
That which is without touch, touches.
That which is without odour, smells.
That which is without taste, tastes.
That which is souless is soulful.

That's all that can be known in this conception.
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:44 pm Am I supposed to know what that means or something?
It would help a great deal if you did.

What does the “or something” refer to?