Harbal

Re: Christianity

Post by Harbal »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:57 pm
Harbal wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:50 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:33 pm

Is it really?
So he says...
I'm sometimes inclined to think maybe he is indeed telling the truth here. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
He could be, but it's safer to assume he isn't.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Harbal wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:04 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:57 pm
Harbal wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:50 pm

So he says...
I'm sometimes inclined to think maybe he is indeed telling the truth here. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
He could be, but it's safer to assume he isn't.
I guess you are right. Best to give poor Alexis some benefit of the doubt, I suppose. And I'm no better in regards to some others.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:26 pm Best to give poor Alexis some benefit of the doubt, I suppose.
While Alexis is, indeed, the subject of much doubt, I'm doubtful of finding much benefit in it. :|
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

It is hard to know how to fairly and accurately interpret the strange discourse of the various denizens who are compelled to come forward on this thread (in its recent, devolving phase) and spread their sticky slimes of non-thought. Like moths to a flame they circulate and defecate prettily. The topic -- Christianity -- loses all relevance when those who, in my view, are gripped by personal subjectivity, a distorted self that has no other object but itself and when *touched* bursts forth vomit (something putrescent coming from inside).

The conversation becomes entirely non-objective and one deals with deranged individuals who each have their dominating story of personal strutting & fretting which, at least from where I sit, has no significance and yet certainly has tremendous effect, or is the result of degeneration that has been effected.

I know this sounds somewhat harsh, and is sure to arouse page after page of idiotic reaction, yet it is important to drill down into the internal states of those who are compelled to spend their days voicing their *opposition* and *rebellion* that dominates their personalities.

Each one has a special tale to tell: Gary, one of lostness, mental illness and sexual perversion that desires death; Iambiguous a million word monument to a man totally stuck within a mental conundrum from which there is no escape; Harbal a man who has turned opposition into his life's modus operandi; and Attofishpi a man entirely wrapped up in subjectivity taken to such a degree that the *mirror* is taken as an actual representation of reality.

DontAskMe is an odd case as well. How to characterize her? One way might be to examine original Zen movement, a rebellion against the Buddhist authority structure at a time when Chinese culture was in decay and disarray and the class that adhered to these teaching moved their headquarters to Japan. Suzuki (who wrote a book introducing the West to Zen Buddhism) wrote:
If we are to judge Zen from our common-sense view of things, we shall find the ground sinking away under our feet. Our so-called rationalistic way of thinking has apparently no use in evaluating the truth or untruth of Zen. It is altogether beyond the ken of human understanding. All that we can therefore state about Zen is that its uniqueness lies in its irrationality or its passing beyond our logical comprehension.

"Zen," says Suzuki, "is above space-time relations, and naturally even above historical facts."
Here, we can notice some reflections in DAM's oppositional writing. And there you have it: a stance, a perspective, that requires no other referent but something like a *mood* within an individual enabling him (or her) to see everything/anything in any way that the person desires to, because something else is proposed as being ultimately more relevant. Anything and everything, then, can be undermined; reduced to the general nothingness and irrelevancy that is ultimately held up as dominating life and reality.

Thus it all devolves into a game. A sort of Ponzi scheme of the mind.

What interests me is the general dissolution and decadence that is eating away at the solidities both of the person (the self) as well as our culture and indeed our civilization. For this reason I have, for polemic purposes, referred to *termites* who simply through their activity (eating, existing) and without understanding what they are doing, destroy foundations that have taken centuries and millennia to construct.

Iambiguous, Gary, Harbal, DAM and also in some ways Atto (but he would have to be qualified somewhat differently) present themselves as people who have lost a footing, or cannot recover one, and thus seem to retreat into a neurotic process within themselves. It is as if The World lost its sense, and the individual lost his anchor, but what is left is an energy, something very personal to the individual, that strives on without the ability to get a solid grip.

Obviously, I am extrapolating and in a sense *divining* from specific persons whose writings are close at hand ... to the larger conditions of which we are all a part and in the general dissolution in which we participate whether we like it or not, or understand it or not. My main assertion, which I feel is true, is that no one of these individuals mentioned has any consciousness at all of their social, cultural and metaphysical position. Therefore, they cannot self-analyze, and therefore they *fly blind*.

Or I could refer to Dubious' metaphor of the psyche drifting on the open seas into a *world* where any choice made by a given individual is as valid and meaningful as any other because no solidity (metaphysically) is understood to be *real*. Arthus Rimbaud wrote The Drunken Boat and, having got hold of a book of his letters, I thought it possible to refer to the *drunken individual* or the *drunken psyche* and to push the metaphor forward. It is impossible not to admire Rambeau's poetic talent, but it is not possible to remain unaware of *psychic lostness* which was gloriously embellished by startling imagery. So, the *mood* takes over and becomes the main thing.

Up goes the anchor!

On the whole, then, what goes on here is and ecatment, a rehearsal, of those tales told by people in a condition of "the ground sinking away under our feet" to quote Suzuki.

OK my beloved morons: let the sparks fly! 😂
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:39 pm "Zen," says Suzuki, "is above space-time relations, and naturally even above historical facts."
Yet you seem very mired in them. :?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Since some of us are on the promotional kick, may I promote my one and only noteworthy accomplishment in life? I don't know how much AJ's correspondence course is, but if anyone is interested, you can find my account of life at the link below. It's $15.00 on Amazon (Title: The Light, the Heavy, and the Dark: The Collected Poetry of Gary Robert Childress). And guaranteed not to convince you of anything unless you want it to. I don't know if you can get a refund from Amazon but my editor and I are trying to work a deal with The National Alliance on Mental Illness to help raise money for the organization (though nothing concrete has been formulated yet on the project):

https://www.amazon.com/Light-Heavy-Dark ... 783&sr=8-1
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

🐵 🙈 🙉
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Harbal wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:31 pm🐵 🙈 🙉
Oh, no, Harbal! That's not a critique of me, my book or my actions I hope? If so, then I object. If Alexis gets to do it, then so do I. (At least as long as the forum mods don't bend to AJ's will.)
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

The Ten Week Email Cure-an-Idiot of Himself Course goes for $999.00 but depending on the degree and severity of the idiocy I am always open to negotiating a lower price if the idjit has any promise at all.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:34 pm
Oh, no, Harbal! That's not a critique of me, my book or my actions I hope? If so, then I object. If Alexis gets to do it, then so do I. (At least as long as the forum mods don't bend to AJ's will)
No, Gary, it's nothing to do with you or your book. It's nothing to do with anything, really; I just did it because I could. 🤭
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:41 pm The Ten Week Email Cure-an-Idiot of Himself Course goes for $999.00 but depending on the degree and severity of the idiocy I am always open to negotiating a lower price if the idjit has any promise at all.
I would never ask you to lower your price for me, therefore, I cannot afford your email course. :|
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Harbal wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:44 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:34 pm
Oh, no, Harbal! That's not a critique of me, my book or my actions I hope? If so, then I object. If Alexis gets to do it, then so do I. (At least as long as the forum mods don't bend to AJ's will)
No, Gary, it's nothing to do with you or your book. It's nothing to do with anything, really; I just did it because I could. 🤭
Well, that's good. Because...if you buy and read my book you will be absolutely delighted with it--unless of course, you don't like great poetry! :D
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:41 pm The Ten Week Email Cure-an-Idiot of Himself Course goes for $999.00 but depending on the degree and severity of the idiocy I am always open to negotiating a lower price if the idjit has any promise at all.
🤮
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Here's the link again to purchase my account of life. It's on Amazon.com, in case anyone missed it:

https://www.amazon.com/Light-Heavy-Dark ... 146&sr=8-1

Where's the option for causing the font to sparkle and flash????
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

I’ve come up with some titles for poems that perhaps Gary will write and (god help us) publish. Here’s one:

Last Week, Christ’s Pupil; This Week I Whack the Noodle