The character posing as AGE makes a claim … but is it FACT?

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Iwannaplato

Re: The character posing as AGE makes a claim … but is it FACT?

Post by Iwannaplato »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:44 pm
I missed this thread. Did Age ever answer the orginal question and explain his understandings of the brain/mind or did he do his usual focus on other things/ask a lot of questions and never actually respond?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:49 pm

I missed this thread. Did Age ever answer the orginal question and explain his understandings of the brain/mind
I've forgotten.
Iwannaplato wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:49 pm or did he do his usual focus on other things/ask a lot of questions and never actually respond?
Maybe, I can't remember.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

This just proves that people back in those days couldn't remember anything.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:35 pm This just proves that people back in those days couldn't remember anything.
Back in the day when you wrote this post, I was taking a shower.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Don't tell me it was a waffle stomp sort of shower. People back in those days were always waffle stomping in the shower...
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

All knowledge is of past tense, known on demand instantaneously in the here and now, known only in the immediacy of this living present knowing.

Here-now in this immediate present, the knowledge of life is death, and death is the knowledge of life. Death brought to life through knowledge on demand, gives rise to the illusion of a living world in constant continuity of what is essentially dead.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:15 pm Don't tell me it was a waffle stomp sort of shower. People back in those days were always waffle stomping in the shower...
I have a regular old shower drain, and while I would not forbid others from waffle stomping in their own showers, no one is allowed to in mine. Not that people have been lining up.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:15 pm Don't tell me it was a waffle stomp sort of shower. People back in those days were always waffle stomping in the shower...
Is waffle stomping akin to choking the chicken? Milking the snake? Draining the vein? Jacking off?
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age should hurry up already with ushering in the Final Golden Age of Humanity. We were waiting so patiently for this greatest turning point in history, back in the days when these were being written.

Waste any more time, and VA will get there first with his book. Or maybe the word of Advocate, the greatest philosopher of all time, will spread across the globe first.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

commonsense wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:17 pm
Is waffle stomping akin to choking the chicken? Milking the snake? Draining the vein? Jacking off?
No but, depending on who you ask, it might be considered similarly satisfying.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Atla wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:57 pm Age should hurry up already with ushering in the Final Golden Age of Humanity.

Maybe Age is the Final Golden Age of Humanity. Therefore, no need for him to usher himself in to his own Golden Age.

Meanwhile, everyone else is just getting on with their usual mundane life, chopping wood, and carrying water, and moving piles around until dead.

Post by Age »

Iwannaplato wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:49 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:44 pm
I missed this thread. Did Age ever answer the orginal question and explain his understandings of the brain/mind or did he do his usual focus on other things/ask a lot of questions and never actually respond?
But the 'original question' NEVER asked for ANY particular thing.

The 'original question', as can be very clearly seen, was just a 'rhetorical question', posed on the PRETENCE of asking a 'clarifying question', but which was just actually presented in a way so that the writer could CLEARLY EXPRESS its BELIEF that 'I am an IDIOT', (or was at that time of writing).

Anyway that poster also was making the Truly ABSURD and IMPOSSIBLE CLAIM that through me making a 'physical model' is the ONLY way that I would be able to prove that I know how the Mind and the brain works. Which would be like CLAIMING that a 'physical model' of thoughts or emotions would be needed FIRST, BEFORE ANY one could make claim to knowing those things or knowing how those things work. Obviously some thing would HAVE TO be a 'physical thing' FIRST, BEFORE a 'physical model' of that 'thing' could be made or created.

If absolutely ANY one would like to CHALLENGE or just QUESTION me on my CLAIMS here, then by all means feel FREE to do so.

But remember if one ALREADY has a BELIEF that I could NOT possibly know, then this WILL AFFECT the way that one asks its QUESTIONS.

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:57 pm Age should hurry up already with ushering in the Final Golden Age of Humanity.
LOL

NO rush "atla". NO rush.

Paradigm shifts also can NOT be forced.
Atla wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:57 pm We were waiting so patiently for this greatest turning point in history, back in the days when these were being written.
REALLY?

LOOKING back through this forum, for example, it was very clear that 'you', people, were, INSTEAD, IN A RUSH to EXPRESS and ARGUE, or FIGHT, for what 'you' were ALL, individually, ALREADY ASSUMING or BELIEVING was the truth of things.
Atla wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:57 pm Waste any more time, and VA will get there first with his book. Or maybe the word of Advocate, the greatest philosopher of all time, will spread across the globe first.
Maybe some of 'us' did just do things in our OWN WAY, and in our OWN TIME, WITHOUT wanting absolutely ANY recognition AT ALL for.

By the way, you appear to be VERY IMPATIENT here.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:06 am
LOL

NO rush "atla". NO rush.

Atla wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:57 pm We were waiting so patiently for this greatest turning point in history, back in the days when these were being written.
REALLY?

LOOKING back through this forum, for example, it was very clear that 'you', people, were, INSTEAD, IN A RUSH to EXPRESS and ARGUE, or FIGHT, for what 'you' were ALL, individually, ALREADY ASSUMING or BELIEVING was the truth of things.
Atla wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:57 pm Waste any more time, and VA will get there first with his book. Or maybe the word of Advocate, the greatest philosopher of all time, will spread across the globe first.
Maybe some of 'us' did just do things in our OWN WAY, and in our OWN TIME, WITHOUT wanting absolutely ANY recognition AT ALL for.

:lol:

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:08 am
Age wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:06 am
LOL

NO rush "atla". NO rush.

REALLY?

:lol:
We have NO idea what you are laughing AT here, but what we found Truly very funny were your words;

'Age should HURRY UP ALREADY with ushering in the Final Golden Age of Humanity.'

But then in your VERY NEXT sentence you wrote;

'We were WAITING SO PATIENTLY for this greatest turning point in history, back in the days when these were being written.'

So, if you were, REALLY, 'waiting so patiently', then WHY 'should I hurry up already'?

Did you REALLY NOT SEE the OBVIOUS CONTRADICTION and HYPOCRISY here?