putting religion in it's proper place

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

Re: putting religion in it's proper place

Post by attofishpi »

Sculptor wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:49 pm
attofishpi wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:06 pm
Sculptor wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:55 pm
The why is it that you are always on about stuff you have not a clue about?
The Y?

..wot am I always on about that I have no clue about?
All of the above.
Oh! It's the old classic CW cop-out.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

attofishpi wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:58 pm
attofishpi wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:06 pm

The Y?

..wot am I always on about that I have no clue about?
All of the above.
https://www.cwtv.com
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Sculptor wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:01 pm
All of the above.
I make no apology that I make atheists such as yourself question a little deeper about the nature of reality, I know it is irksome. :P
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

attofishpi wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:04 pm
Sculptor wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:01 pm

I make no apology that I make atheists such as yourself question a little deeper about the nature of reality, I know it is irksome. :P
You couldn't "make" me do anything.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Sculptor wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:03 pm You couldn't "make" me do anything.
Sadly. Not even think...
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

attofishpi wrote:
The job of Christ is done. (fuck nose wot name he is using now.)
Mostly the names of obscure, humble, kindly, honest, mainly poor men.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:07 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:55 pm Immanuel Can

The vast majority have always been the religious, and only a statistical fool will try to pin recent wars on the non-religious.
Really?

Which of the major wars of the 20th Century was "religious"? The first and second World Wars? The Cold War? The Korean War? The Vietnam War? The Spanish Civil War? The Boer War? Because already, you have, in just the two world wars, vast majority of people ever killed in any war, anytime.

So there's obviously no way you're right.
Ok. Have it your way.

Religious majorities are controlled by the small minority pf non=religious.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:08 am
Greatest I am wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:26 pm Why do religions of love use inquisitions and jihads?

The mainstream religions continue to be homophobic and misogynous and adore a genocidal god.

What possible benefit to us are they when they discriminate against half the world population without a just cause?

Regards
DL
My point is we need to separate the doctrines and ideology of each religion from its believers.
  • 1. Religions: There are [a] good and [.b] bad/evil religions
    2. Believers: There are [a] good and [.b] bad people.
The most evil religion is Islam while Christianity has bad elements.

In the case of Christianity has an overriding pacifist maxim such as 'love all - even enemies' [love all humans] that meant the doctrines of Christianity do not permit Christians to hate humans like homosexuals, be sexists and be negative toward any other human.
Even though there are negative verses on homosexuality in the Bible, the 'love all' verses override them. Thus if any Christian were to hate or kill human[s], hate homosexuals, be sexists they cannot be doing that upon the doctrines of Christianity.
As such those Christians who killed and commit evil acts were doing it as bad people [2b] and not driven by the doctrines of Christianity which are good [1a].

In the case of Islam, the religion is inherently evil [1a].
Within the 1.5 billion Muslims there are bad people [2b] which is about 20% [best guess] which is 300 millions :shock: and these bad people will natural be inclined to feast on the "unconditional" evil elements within the doctrines of Islam. The consequences are so evident.
One genocidal god loving religion is about the same as the other evil god loving religion.

Both are garbage, which was not the case in the beginning.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:51 am
Belinda wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:31 am All ideologies are corruptible . No ideology originates in Heaven but all ideologies are man made. The ideology of Xianity is man made and has often been corrupted and still is being corrupted.

Anybody is gullible who puts their faith in the ideology of any religious body.
All ideologies are corrupt, never mind corruptible.
What do you see as corrupt in Gnostic Christianity and it's ideology?

Regards
DL
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Greatest I am wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:24 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:07 pm Which of the major wars of the 20th Century was "religious"? The first and second World Wars? The Cold War? The Korean War? The Vietnam War? The Spanish Civil War? The Boer War? Because already, you have, in just the two world wars, vast majority of people ever killed in any war, anytime.
So there's obviously no way you're right.
Ok. Have it your way.
It' s not a matter of interpretation, far less "my way," my private preference. It's a matter of glaringly obvious fact, a public truth.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Greatest I am wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:33 pm
Belinda wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:31 am All ideologies are corruptible . No ideology originates in Heaven but all ideologies are man made. The ideology of Xianity is man made and has often been corrupted and still is being corrupted.

Anybody is gullible who puts their faith in the ideology of any religious body.

Regards
DL
The word Christianity leaps off the page, with respect to answer yor question.
"Christ is seen as a divine being which has taken human form in order to lead humanity back to the Light.".
This is bullshit.
What else ya got?

From Stanford:
According to the Gnostics, this world, the material cosmos, is the result of a primordial error on the part of a supra-cosmic, supremely divine being, usually called Sophia (Wisdom) or simply the Logos. This being is described as the final emanation of a divine hierarchy, called the Plêrôma or “Fullness,” at the head of which resides the supreme God, the One beyond Being. The error of Sophia, which is usually identified as a reckless desire to know the transcendent God, leads to the hypostatization of her desire in the form of a semi-divine and essentially ignorant creature known as the Demiurge (Greek: dêmiourgos, “craftsman”), or Ialdabaoth, who is responsible for the formation of the material cosmos. This act of craftsmanship is actually an imitation of the realm of the Pleroma, but the Demiurge is ignorant of this, and hubristically declares himself the only existing God.
It's just a bunch of ancient mumbo-jumbo.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Sculptor wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:06 pm

Regards
DL
"Christ is seen as a divine being which has taken human form in order to lead humanity back to the Light.".
This is bullshit.
What else ya got?

From Stanford:
According to the Gnostics, this world, the material cosmos, is the result of a primordial error on the part of a supra-cosmic, supremely divine being, usually called Sophia (Wisdom) or simply the Logos. This being is described as the final emanation of a divine hierarchy, called the Plêrôma or “Fullness,” at the head of which resides the supreme God, the One beyond Being. The error of Sophia, which is usually identified as a reckless desire to know the transcendent God, leads to the hypostatization of her desire in the form of a semi-divine and essentially ignorant creature known as the Demiurge (Greek: dêmiourgos, “craftsman”), or Ialdabaoth, who is responsible for the formation of the material cosmos. This act of craftsmanship is actually an imitation of the realm of the Pleroma, but the Demiurge is ignorant of this, and hubristically declares himself the only existing God.
You quote our myth and think we are literalists. That is your first mistake.

You do not seem to know that we wrote our myth to put against the Christian myth before stupid Christians began to read their myths literally.

This link will inform you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02cia ... =PLCBF574D

Regards
DL
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Greatest I am wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:28 pm

Regards
DL
This is bullshit.
What else ya got?

From Stanford:
Seriously I don't give a rat's arse. You've made the first mistake by beleiving in crapology.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Greatest I am wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:28 pm This link will inform you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02cia ... =PLCBF574D

Regards
DL
Yawn!!!
This is BS. It's the new myth myth. People in the ancient world took their stories LITERALLY. Anyone who has studied the ancient world as I have knows this. The New Testament is an account of events, intended to be believed as fact.
It's the idoitic Karen Armstrong myth designed for theists who know their story is crap but want some excuse to hang on to their pathetic belief system.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:35 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:28 pm
This is bullshit.
What else ya got?

From Stanford:
Seriously I don't give a rat's arse. You've made the first mistake by beleiving in crapology.
I do not believe in anything but a method of meditation and enlightenment.

I am guided by science and Gnosis and the seeking of the best rules and laws to live by.

Not by anything supernatural.

If you have some crapology in mind, lay it out for revue, or be comfy with whatever lie you want to believe.

Regards
DL