'20/'21: not safe for anyone

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: 2020: not safe for anyone SOCIETY IS CLOSED

Post by Dontaskme »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:36 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:31 pm
henry quirk wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:09 pm What you gonna do now Henry?

never visit england, for a start
Oh come on Henry, this madness is going to spread all over the entire planet. There's no where to hide. :cry:
as I say: no doubt they'll try to bring that shit to 'murica

good luck with that, I say

'murica is big, full of unruly folks, on the verge of a violent, internal sumthin' or other...implementin' that kind social control would be like throwin' gasoline on a fire
I've heard about it...and i think it's going to spread everywhere like wildfire.

Must be hell on earth here, seem like we're all gonna burn in hell. Maybe the Bible was right after all. :lol:

henry quirk

Re: 2020: not safe for anyone SOCIETY IS CLOSED

Post by henry quirk »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:39 pm
henry quirk wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:36 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:31 pm

Oh come on Henry, this madness is going to spread all over the entire planet. There's no where to hide. :cry:
as I say: no doubt they'll try to bring that shit to 'murica

good luck with that, I say

'murica is big, full of unruly folks, on the verge of a violent, internal sumthin' or other...implementin' that kind social control would be like throwin' gasoline on a fire
I've heard about it...and i think it's going to spread everywhere like wildfire.

Must be hell on earth here, seem like we're all gonna burn in hell. Maybe the Bible was right after all. :lol:
nah
henry quirk

fuck off, slaver

Post by henry quirk »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/cance ... r-BB1b4pcx

here's what's gonna happen in my house...

we'll have guests, mebbe as many as 20 or 30, over the course of the whole day

many of us, most of us, won't mask up

there will be many handshakes and hugs

we'll sit together, side by side, shoulder to shoulder

there will be laughing and loud conversation

anyone -- family or friends -- feelin' apprehensive about it, is free to leave, or -- better yet -- not come over to begin with
Sculptor

Re: 2020: not safe for anyone

Post by Sculptor »

America has the highest COVID death rates of anywhere on earth.
The 260,000 deaths is just the start, as where the virus has hit - the to five states are the most dangerous places on earth to be. New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Louisiana and Massachusetts.

Numbers are creeping up or leaping up here and there.

In the supposedly richest country in the world, the USA is unwilling or incapable of controlling the pandemic.
A moron leading morons.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Trumpanzees are believers. Belief is the antithesis of truth and science.
The facts of history show how to avoid high death rates for a second wave. Those places that relaxed social distancing advice, during the Spanish Flu, got hit hard by the second wave.
Drongos on Thanksgiving are going to fall like flies.
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/hist ... ronavirus/
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

This is one of the few things related to Trump that made me laugh. Apparently his staff are running round the Whitehouse with scented cancles and Gade plug-Ins trying to mitgate against the stench of Fast Food the Trump is wallowing in.
He's sitting there stuff Big Macs down his fat face whilst lashing out with vengeance firings, treating the place like a dumpster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCQxlI0DptA
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:16 pm This is one of the few things related to Trump that made me laugh. Apparently his staff are running round the Whitehouse with scented cancles and Gade plug-Ins trying to mitgate against the stench of Fast Food the Trump is wallowing in.
He's sitting there stuff Big Macs down his fat face whilst lashing out with vengeance firings, treating the place like a dumpster.

True colors.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

The Spanish flu targeted only children and young people--the people who MATTER. No one gives a flying rat's arse about old farts in rest homes, or those who have fucked up their immune systems with bad habits for their entire adult lives.
Belinda

Re: fuck off, slaver

Post by Belinda »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:19 pm https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/cance ... r-BB1b4pcx

anyone -- family or friends -- feelin' apprehensive about it, is free to leave, or -- better yet -- not come over to begin with
But friends should protect each other, and their respective families!

I have nursed people who were very ill, and dying some of them, of acute infectious fevers. Sometimes protective isolation is the only thing you can do to help yourself and your family.
Last edited by Belinda on Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:15 pm The Spanish flu targeted only children and young people--the people who MATTER. No one gives a flying rat's arse about old farts in rest homes, or those who have fucked up their immune systems with bad habits for their entire adult lives.
Vegetarian may be correct that civilised morality is superfical.
Last edited by Belinda on Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:45 pm America has the highest COVID death rates of anywhere on earth.
The 260,000 deaths is just the start, as where the virus has hit - the to five states are the most dangerous places on earth to be. New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Louisiana and Massachusetts.

Numbers are creeping up or leaping up here and there.

In the supposedly richest country in the world, the USA is unwilling or incapable of controlling the pandemic.
A moron leading morons.
you've been hoodwinked: have a 🌭
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:49 pm Trumpanzees are believers. Belief is the antithesis of truth and science.
The facts of history show how to avoid high death rates for a second wave. Those places that relaxed social distancing advice, during the Spanish Flu, got hit hard by the second wave.
Drongos on Thanksgiving are going to fall like flies.
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/hist ... ronavirus/
you've been hoodwinked: have some 🍿
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:16 pm This is one of the few things related to Trump that made me laugh. Apparently his staff are running round the Whitehouse with scented cancles and Gade plug-Ins trying to mitgate against the stench of Fast Food the Trump is wallowing in.

hoodwinked...have a 🍺
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Belinda wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:18 pm
henry quirk wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:19 pm https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/cance ... r-BB1b4pcx

I have nursed people who were very ill, and dying some of them, of acute infectious fevers. Sometimes protective isolation is the only thing you can do to help yourself and your family.
as I say: anyone -- family or friends -- feelin' apprehensive about it, is free to leave, or -- better yet -- not come over to begin with

and: I ain't moved by your virtue-signalin'
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:55 pm
Belinda wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:18 pm

as I say: anyone -- family or friends -- feelin' apprehensive about it, is free to leave, or -- better yet -- not come over to begin with

and: I ain't moved by your virtue-signalin'
It is better to have had experience than not have had experience. Don't be alarmed, I was only earning my living. You might shoulder some serious responsibility?