All Knowledge is Assumption, Assumption is Knowledge

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Speakpigeon

Re: All Knowledge is Assumption, Assumption is Knowledge

Post by Speakpigeon »

11011 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:31 am i (...) assumed a more academic sense all the way through.
What "academic sense" are you referring to?
EB
Speakpigeon

Post by Speakpigeon »

11011 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:31 am knowledge in the sense used in epistemology.
What "epistemological" sense of knowledge are you referring to?
You definitely like to throw BIG words around, but you don't SUPPORT any of your claims.
EB
Speakpigeon

Post by Speakpigeon »

11011 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:31 am the bottom line is, 'i experience pain' is not the same as 'i have a knowledge of pain'.
You know pain whenever you experience pain. Prove otherwise if you think this isn't true.
I'd be willing to consider the theoretical possibility of some knowledge of pain outside the experience of pain.
But, as far as I know, nobody has provided any evidence of such, ever.
So, if you have evidence of such, I'd be willing to consider it. Go on, do it!
EB
Speakpigeon

Post by Speakpigeon »

11011 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:31 am also my understanding of knowledge is mirrored in the dictionary definitions you posted, such as knowledge gained from experience. those definitions do not equate experience with knowledge, unless designated informal, which many will explicitly indicate.
Your "understanding" is just plain wrong.
knowledge
1. the facts, feelings, or experiences known by a person or group of people
2. the state of knowing
3. awareness, consciousness, or familiarity gained by experience or learning
4. erudition or informed learning
5. specific information about a subject
Do you not understand what "experiences known by a person" means?
know
1. To perceive directly; grasp in the mind with clarity or certainty.
2. To regard as true beyond doubt: I know she won't fail.
3. To have a practical understanding of, as through experience; be skilled in: knows how to cook.
4. To have fixed in the mind: knows her Latin verbs.
5. To have experience of: "a black stubble that had known no razor" (William Faulkner).
6a. To perceive as familiar; recognize: I know that face.
6b. To be acquainted with: He doesn't know his neighbors.
7. To be able to distinguish; recognize as distinct: knows right from wrong.
8. To discern the character or nature of: knew him for a liar.
To perceive directly: To experience pain is to perceive pain directly.
To grasp in the mind with clarity or certainty: To experience pain is to grasp pain in the mind with clarity AND certainty.
To have a practical understanding of, as through experience: To experience pain is to have a practical understanding of pain, through indeed experience.
To have experience of: To experience pain is to have the experience of pain.
To discern the character or nature of:To experience pain is to discern the nature of pain, which is the quality of being painful.
To be able to distinguish: To experience pain is to be able to distinguish pain from other things like a sound, a sight, a smell, a memory, an intuition, and indeed a tree or a mountain.
Recognize as distinct:: To experience pain is to be able to recognised pain as distinct from other things like a sound, a sight, a smell, a memory, an intuition, and indeed a tree or a mountain.
Enough?
Grow up.
EB
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

HexHammer wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:15 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:46 pmyadda yadda ..bla bla ...bla!!!
Plz go elsewhere and spew your endless nonsense and babble!!!
What nonsense and babble.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Bump as this applies relative to the problem of the nature of assumption in Plato/Zen/Trillema Link for East/West.

As well as assumption, grounded both as Platonic Form and Function as Platonic Form, thus necessitating a connection to Pyramids as Physicalization of Abstract Philosophy Thread.

Awareness necessitates Platonic Forms as Jungian Archetypes thus necessitating the Platonic notion of Justified True Belief to fundamentally be a reflection of Platos premises without contradiction when applying JTB to be an equivocation of the Munchauseen Trillema, with the Trillema (as argued in alot of my posts and threads already as having a geometric nature).

JTB is a variation of the trillema, in accords with Wittgenstien's Language Games analogy following the same nature.

Justified = Linear Continuum of definition as the connection and seperation of assumptions.

True = Circular Maintenance as self referentiality of assumptions.

Belief = Point of Assumptiom as the assumption is a point of awareness both grounded in the point as a universal assumed axiom as well as the empty mind/blanck slate nature of consciousness (where the point is a boundless plane) equivalent to zen and socratic tradition.