Why is nazism popular today?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

"As a capitalist you don't exist to fill a gap in demand?"

Anarchocapitalism (just plain old free enterprise) ain't state capitalism, so, no, I don't "exist to fill a gap in demand".

#

"You must be fucking good at selling things people don't want then."

I'm an awful salesman, but an excellent researcher, so it evens out.
Logik

Re:

Post by Logik »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:08 pm "As a capitalist you don't exist to fill a gap in demand?"

Anarchocapitalism (just plain old free enterprise) ain't state capitalism, so, no, I don't "exist to fill a gap in demand".
The label doesn't matter.

Without the customers demanding - you wouldn't be there supplying.

Whether you phrase that as "free enterprise" or "you work for the customer" is a silly word play.
henry quirk

yeah, go piss on some body else's parade

Post by henry quirk »

Immanuel Can

Re: Re:

Post by Immanuel Can »

Logik wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:01 pm Without the customers demanding - you wouldn't be there supplying.
But you don't have to supply. It's always your choice. You can supply something else, or not supply anything at all. In free enterprise, you're never obliged to do anything...you just don't necessarily prosper if you sit on your hands.

In that sense, the customers don't "demand." It's not a forced thing. When we speak of consumer demand, all we mean is that they have needs for which they're willing to pay something, if you're clever enough to find a way to meet them. It's all completely voluntary, on both sides.

That's what makes free enterprise better: nobody's forced to work, but if you do, you keep what you earn...so you can drive that as fast as you want. Or not. It's always your choice.
Logik

Post by Logik »

Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:54 pm But you don't have to supply. It's always your choice. You can supply something else, or not supply anything at all. In free enterprise, you're never obliged to do anything...you just don't necessarily prosper if you sit on your hands.
Until you get hungry.

Unless you can create value OR food, you are going to have a bad time.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Logik wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:25 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:54 pm But you don't have to supply. It's always your choice. You can supply something else, or not supply anything at all. In free enterprise, you're never obliged to do anything...you just don't necessarily prosper if you sit on your hands.
Until you get hungry.

Unless you can create value OR food, you are going to have a bad time.
Of course. The old axiom is, "If a man will not work, neither let him eat."

But he has his choices...both about how hungry he wants to be, and about what he would elect do about it.

Freedom always comes with responsibility. For example, if you are "free to pick your career," it means nobody else will do it for you if you don't, so you're responsible to look to that yourself; and if you're "free to choose a spouse," it means you're the one who is responsible for whom you choose. If you're "free not to work, you're free to starve too."

Freedom of a blank kind doesn't actually exist. One can only escape responsibility by giving up all one's freedom, and making somebody else responsible for controlling everything.
gaffo

Re: Why is nazism popular today?

Post by gaffo »

-1- wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:42 pm We need new goals,
no need need for new goals, the old own - you an a former UKer and me as a "independant of -1776" both affirm the old goal of Enlightment precepts which are what? now 6 centures? 7 - 8? old.

not need for "new goals", just defending the 800 yr old old one.

BTW Facsism(sp) is older than..........thousands yrs old tribalism, denies universality of men as one/you/me.

so reject tribalism, affirm 800 yr old Western humanism, and do not strive for a "new thing" - the best thing is what we've had Sir (Western thought - i negate race in this - and reject Germans of WW2 as one of this (or Japs of ww2 who are just as racist and so tribal).

of course today's Germans and Japaneses are more supporters of the ideals I value than my own countrymen!!!!!!!!!!!

no German nor Japanese would vote for Trump nor Brexit!!!!

-1- wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:42 pm new heroes,
fuck heroes, no such thing, just good men/pleabs...and sheep............good men of weak spine (we never liked hitler, but remains silent...........ya, i would too..............not judgement, just observation)

forget heroes saving you from yourself, and just be a good man and forget "heroes".
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

-1- wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:51 pm
gaffo wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:39 am
Arising_uk wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:12 pm Because the generations that remember are pretty much dying out.
yep, and eduction sucks - all STEM now, so no teaching of history anymore,

result is generations of fools.
You're both absolutely right, but Gaffo, if you keep knocking this too hard, then they may cryogenetically freeze all grade sevens, and wake them up in the future a thousand years later when they finally figured out how to teach history properly.
or more like Cleopatra 2525..........but no need for a Boob job nor down below, born a horse in previous life - thankfully, i have "issues" but that is not one of them.

Cleo 2525 is a funny 90's TV show (low budget sci fic - by Rami (same guy that did the Hergulese and Zena shows). not probound but "fun viewing" your post just reminded me of it. ;-).
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

-1- wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:46 pm Why is nazism popular today?
same before - to think tribally, loser with no personal self view strive to belong.

just like why there is ISIS - they are populated be the same losers as white supremists................same mentality, just opposite team.

-1- wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:46 pm Because of propaganda ditties, like

"Don't be stupid, be a smartie,
Come'n'join the nazi party."

It certainly rings better than "just say no" or "Fuck you, asshole", or "I'd like to teach the world to sing... a simple harmony..."
maybe one of weak person compass need to be told what to think (never been my problem)

I've always been an "outsider" (BTW the movie The Outsiders is a good flick - not apt here, just rem it via the word outsider and note it and recomend if not scene it - i value good flicks).

for some reason others who are like me and "outsiders" fixated on Tribalism instead of Universal Humanism (ie. for some reason unlike them, I find comfort in veiwing all men as me - others for some reason do not value nor find comfort in this and demand a "war" between their tribe and the "others").

why so? no clue.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Alizia wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:25 pm
Among those who define themselves as 'Nazis' today, I have noticed, one finds marginalized people who look for an 'identity' that suits them. But their Nazism is more like a social club than a real movement. It is based in 'tropes' about Nazism and is not really thought through. Hard to assess what these people get out of it or why they are there.
yes
Alizia wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:25 pm Finally, as everyone has noticed, there has relatively recently arisen a new permissiveness to delve into criticism of Jews. This has developed into a complex narrative that has different strains and levels. There is, of course, a strain that could be called Anti-Semitism. There is a strain that could be called Jewish critique. If Nazism is considered in a different light, then this often leads to different ways of looking at Jews, Judaism and of course Israel.
yes. the age old AntiSemites are coming out of the woodwork WRT Israel, but unlike them those of us that are not Naiz affrim Israel under Netayohoo as a Nazi, so fuck Israel as one of many - not an AntiSemite (plenty of Jew that have now turn thier backs on Israel) - that affirm Human rights, so that means 2 State is dead, and Israel must be BDSed until hell freezes over..............like South Africa was..................until ALL are granted full Israeli Cizenship, even if it mean a Democratic - but Jewish minority - Israel.

until that time, fuck Isael viva BDS. until South Africa hurts too much to continue in her current form of immoral and illegal oppression.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Logik wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:08 pm My wife is black. I am white. The babies are going to be caramels.
If there's such a thing as "Aryan race" it's going to come through cross-breeding, not engineering.
just looking around here in Oklahoma, many folks i see are mixed race (black/white - amer indian/white).

I commend your wife for "looking/dating "out" "............. I know that Blake males have done so since the 70's, and I've dated a couple of Black women in the 90's when it was verbotten/few female blacks in america did so). looking around 25 yr later i now see (in the late decade or so) - black women with white guys out and about.

I'm not a fetishist myself, dated whites and blacks (I like curves, so that leaves out orentials - i've seen only few with curves, but those i noted were with guys at the time - and so rare i have blinders on WRT to orientals to be honest). i'm dating a black gal now, not because she is black but because she is built and just happens to be black.

carry on, and again, cuddows to your wife for "dating out". Black women are the least desired and its long overdue that they wise up and kick the black bums (no not all black guys are bums - i've been best budds with a couple of great fellows over the decades - but generalities seem to affirm the stereotype, and 3 decades past due that female blacks looked outside of the black communtiy for a soul mate).

thanks post Sir.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Logik wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:49 pm
Atla wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:36 pm Seriously, as a clinical NPD you should never have children and your wife is a fucking idiot (in the unlikely case that you really have one and aren't just making it up).

This is the tragedy of this world, we can already tell that your children will be subject to much suffering. And there's no benevolent global eugenics program in place to prevent it.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Never learned the Kansas City Shuffle, did you?

That's why you are no scientist material. Nor clinical psychologist material for that matter.
I'm just glad (trump/trumpites not withstanding - last gasp) its no big deal anymore.

and it ain't ;-).

carry on
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

-1- wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:51 pm
Arising_uk wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:12 pm Because the generations that remember are pretty much dying out.
True. I am Jewish, and I was born ten years after the war.
interesting, did not you were Jewish.

what is your view of the Facist State of Israel?

lol..........ya my views of Israel is "baised" per international law/human rights.

just curious, since you say you are Jewish (i know there are many/most Jews now that no longer support Israel) - I didn;t know you were Jewish, but know that i do, just wonder on the matter if you are willing to discuss the topic (a hotbed - with anti-semtic thorns/etc).
-1- wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:51 pm My mother survived the Holocaust, in Auschwitz and in some other forced-labour Lager, and so did many of my older family and relatives. They don't make jokes about camp life in the Lagers. Never have.
wow, my parents/grand had it good, i can't imagine nor wish to - understand what it must have been like.

glad your parants/relations got out alive - German Nazis are assholes for sure!

your relations beat the odds ;-).

-1- wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:51 pm My mother died over fifty years ago. My uncle, the last surviving person who had been to Auschwitz in my family, is now 93. They never made a Holocaust joke, we never made a joke when they were present in company.
good deal, as i should be, such horror is beyond the concept of humor.
gaffo

Re: "one of the big hypocrisies of their position is that they don't think the same is true of them"

Post by gaffo »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:35 am yeah, these are the 'politburo' types, the technocrats, the *ahem* philosophers

dangerous nimrods
yes, sometime in the late 90's "liberal" become "The collective"

I'm still a liberal, but not of the collective, so i guess that make me no longer liberal to the collective?

I still affirm my view of Liberalism - Human rights, and personal rights, love for the Bill of Rights, and valuing social good (valuing the neighbor on the ground/locally - not state mandated).

anyway my 2 cents, carry on.
gaffo

Re: "Universal healthcare which works out cheaper than many privatised insurance systems."

Post by gaffo »

-1- wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:56 am

The best song (yes, song, it is rather philosophical), that describes the sentiment is "We Won't Get Fooled Again" by The Who.

It goes:

Meet the new boss.
Same as the old boss!

amen, excellent song, by one of the best rock bands of all time (esp early stuff) sadly underrated generally today.