Let's kill God - that evil SOB

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

Re: Let's kill God - that evil SOB

Post by attofishpi »

Greatest I am wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:18 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:26 am
And what is a supernatural being?
An imaginary/fantasy character that is created by the minds of men and often used in fraud.

Regards
DL
So not God then.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

attofishpi wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:03 pm
An imaginary/fantasy character that is created by the minds of men and often used in fraud.

Regards
DL
So not God then.
Have you seen any Gods lately?

Neither have I and that is why I do not think any exists.

If there is a God, he/she/it is quite rude for ignoring us, given all that has been sacrificed and offered up for him/her/it.

Regards
DL
Last edited by Greatest I am on Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

QuantumT wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:00 am Let's assume for a moment that God exists, and that the Old Testament describes him. If we soberly and honestly analyze that description, we get something similar to Richard Dawkins description:
The undoing of religion are heavily suggested in various scriptures.
Bible - Book of Revelation: "and i saw no temple in the city (New Jerusalem)

Buddha predicted that 5000 years after his death, him and all his teachings will be forgotten.

Prophecy of the Popes only foretells of 113 "popes and after the final persecution the city of the 12 hills will be destroyed (ie Rome/Vatican)"

A muslim hadith (minor prophecy) foretells of no one visiting the Kaaba.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Greatest I am wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:09 pm

Regards
DL
So not God then.
Just the one.

Greatest I am wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:09 pmNeither have I and that is why I do not think any exists.
I can tell you, you haven't missed much.

Greatest I am wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:09 pmIf there is a God, he/she/it is quite rude for ignoring us, given all that has been sacrificed and offered up for him/her/it.
Ignored, diddums, consider yourself lucky. What stupid humans do can't be blamed on it.

Let me guess, you live in the Bible belt of the US, or at least in the US a place overrun with Evangelist Fundamentalist morons.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

HexHammer wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:27 pm
QuantumT wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:00 am Let's assume for a moment that God exists, and that the Old Testament describes him. If we soberly and honestly analyze that description, we get something similar to Richard Dawkins description:
The undoing of religion are heavily suggested in various scriptures.

Buddha predicted that 5000 years after his death, him and all his teachings will be forgotten.

Prophecy of the Popes only foretells of 113 "popes and after the final persecution the city of the 12 hills will be destroyed (ie Rome/Vatican)"

What can I say. Just the title of this song and not the rest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zT8AyfsFmA

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

attofishpi wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:44 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:09 pm

So not God then.
Just the one.

Greatest I am wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:09 pmNeither have I and that is why I do not think any exists.
I can tell you, you haven't missed much.

Greatest I am wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:09 pmIf there is a God, he/she/it is quite rude for ignoring us, given all that has been sacrificed and offered up for him/her/it.
Ignored, diddums, consider yourself lucky. What stupid humans do can't be blamed on it.

Let me guess, you live in the Bible belt of the US, or at least in the US a place overrun with Evangelist Fundamentalist morons.
No. I am a Canadian and have no ide what prompted your remark.

Regards
DL
seeds

Post by seeds »

QuantumT wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:00 am So, we get a diabolical evil being, bent on death and destruction. God is evil. Our universe and ourselves are made by a Devil claiming to be a God.

Does that not make his followers complicit?
No.

That makes them innocent victims of the cult-like indoctrination they received as children - an indoctrination that was almost wholly dependent upon the sheer randomness of where they awakened into life on the planet.
QuantumT wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:00 am Even today evil doers shout "Allahu Ackbar!" (The God is great) when they mass murder!
My goodness, such a naïve perspective.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe there would be a lot less mass murdering done by those who shout that particular rebel yell if there were a lot less instances of evil western imperialists invading their sovereign lands (covertly and overtly) in order to gain control of their resources (oil)?
_______
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6DfJVjEMlc&t=4s

Regards
DL
So how does one create infinity?
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:13 pm

Regards
DL
Damned if I know. Who says we can or that we do not already live in an endless universe?

If you meant for you or your soul, why in hell would you want to live that long?

Do you really think you would like it? Why or why not?

Regards
DL
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Greatest I am wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:26 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:13 pm

Regards
DL
Damned if I know. Who says we can or that we do not already live in an endless universe?

If you meant for you or your soul, why in hell would you want to live that long?

Do you really think you would like it? Why or why not?

Regards
DL
So if you do not know how we invented infinity, but we invented God as infinite, then how did we make up God?
QuantumT

Post by QuantumT »

seeds wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:44 pm My goodness, such a naïve perspective.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe there would be a lot less mass murdering done by those who shout that particular rebel yell if there were a lot less instances of evil western imperialists invading their sovereign lands (covertly and overtly) in order to gain control of their resources (oil)?
_______
Try again. Next time without conspiracy theories and hippie propaganda.
QuantumT

Post by QuantumT »

HexHammer wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:27 pm The undoing of religion are heavily suggested in various scriptures.

Sounds promising. Even a blind hen sometimes finds a grain of corn.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

QuantumT wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:00 am Let's assume for a moment that God exists, and that the Old Testament describes him.
ok
QuantumT wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:00 am If we soberly and honestly analyze that description, we get something similar to Richard Dawkins description:
The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.
So, we get a diabolical evil being, bent on death and destruction. God is evil. Our universe and ourselves are made by a Devil claiming to be a God.

Dawkins is a hack! *mindless one shouthing "fire" in the theater.....to sell his books.

Dawkins assumes the only OT YHWH is the one in the Torah.

well its not, there is another YHWH - the one in the other 1/2 of the Old Testement - the one written about by the Minor Prophets.

Amos/ job/ Habbicook////////20 other works! which Dawkins does not note and probably never read of.

snipped the rest since you refer to Dawkins a hack who knows nothing about the OT, nor its "God".

welcome clear and objective discussion about YHWH outside of Dawkin's views however.

I' m an athiest BTW (if that matters you) - i value honest education/discussion of such matters - that leaves Dawkins out.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

QuantumT wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:00 am
And don't get started with some homemade version of a preferred God. You don't get to decide how God is!
if you read the OT you see many versions of YHWH - thus the authors of the many books of the OT had their "preferred" View of their God.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

QuantumT wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:00 am

If you truly want to be a good person, you must reject God.
hogwash!
QuantumT wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:00 am Merry Xmas & Happy new year!
and to you Sir! ;-)