Your brain hallucinates your conscious reality

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Veritas Aequitas

Re: Your brain hallucinates your conscious reality

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:47 am Do you suffer an existential crisis veritas?
YES!!
DNA wise the existential crisis is inherent within my brain/mind as in ALL normal human beings but it is active in different degrees in different people.
However I do understand its mechanisms and is doing my best to modulate its impulses to the extent I am not compelled to theism. nb: I once was a theist and has now weaned it off.

This is like asking me whether I am subjected to all the generic human emotions.
The fact is DNA wise, ALL human beings has the potential of all the generic emotions within their brain/mind.

The evolving and progressive task for any human being is this strategy as with Aristotle on the emotion of anger,
  • Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy
    -Aristotle
so in relation to the existential crisis;
  • Anybody can triggered by the existential crisis - that is easy, but to response effectively to the existential impulses,
    with the right person and
    to the right degree and
    at the right time and
    for the right purpose, and
    in the right way -
    that is not within everybody's power and is not easy
Thus it is critical that one should NOT be under the control of the "zombie parasite" of the existential crisis enabling it to lead one by the nose to theism which soothes the ego psychologically but facilitate terrible evil and violent acts at the same time.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:11 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:47 am Do you suffer an existential crisis veritas?
YES!!
DNA wise the existential crisis is inherent within my brain/mind as in ALL normal human beings but it is active in different degrees in different people.
However I do understand its mechanisms and is doing my best to modulate its impulses to the extent I am not compelled to theism. nb: I once was a theist and has now weaned it off.

This is like asking me whether I am subjected to all the generic human emotions.
The fact is DNA wise, ALL human beings has the potential of all the generic emotions within their brain/mind.

The evolving and progressive task for any human being is this strategy as with Aristotle on the emotion of anger,
  • Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy
    -Aristotle
  • Anybody can triggered by the existential crisis - that is easy, but to response effectively to the existential impulses,
    to the right degree and
    at the right time and
    in the right way -
Thus it is critical that one should NOT be under the control of the "zombie parasite" of the existential crisis enabling it to lead one by the nose to theism which soothes the ego psychologically but facilitate terrible evil and violent acts at the same time.
So you see your existential crisis in everyone else as an extension of you?
Veritas Aequitas

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:15 am
YES!!

-Aristotle
    to the right degree and
    at the right time and
    in the right way -
Note I have given you a clue here;

Theism and the Zombie Parasites
viewtopic.php?p=382580#p382580

The existential crisis is a very complex subject.
Note the subject of Angst,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angst
which is complex in itself but only a small part of the existential crisis.

The secular are also affected and many turned to secular religions, spirituality, drugs, crimes, secular evils, etc. and whatever that will soothe their terrible impulses of the existential crisis.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:33 am
YES!!

-Aristotle
    to the right degree and
    at the right time and
    in the right way -

The secular are also affected and many turned to secular religions, spirituality, drugs, crimes, secular evils, etc. and whatever that will soothe their terrible impulses of the existential crisis.
So what you are saying is that your head is full of zombie parasites and it is driving you mad?
Veritas Aequitas

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:35 am

So what you are saying is that your head is full of zombie parasites and it is driving you mad?
Nope I wrote in the above post* [you're blind?] I understand the mechanics of the "zombie parasites' in my brain and has taken steps to modulate their impulses to avoid being mad. This is why I have weaned myself off theism.
Veritas wrote:*However I do understand its mechanisms and is doing my best to modulate its impulses to the extent I am not compelled to theism. nb: I once was a theist and has now weaned it off.
On the other hand you are ignorant of the neural mechanics of the "zombie parasites" and thus they are driving you 'mad'.
TimeSeeker

Post by TimeSeeker »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:47 am I understand the mechanics of the "zombie parasites' in my brain and has taken steps to modulate their impulses to avoid being mad.
Begging the questions:

1. What is madness?
2. Why do you want to avoid it?
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:47 am

Nope I wrote in the above post* [you're blind?] I understand the mechanics of the "zombie parasites' in my brain and has taken steps to modulate their impulses to avoid being mad. This is why I have weaned myself off theism.
Veritas wrote:*However I do understand its mechanisms and is doing my best to modulate its impulses to the extent I am not compelled to theism. nb: I once was a theist and has now weaned it off.
On the other hand you are ignorant of the neural mechanics of the "zombie parasites" and thus they are driving you 'mad'.
How can you have weaned yourself off of theism, if you have an existential crisis, and still are affected by zombie parasites?

DO you have proof of the parasites? A slide or something?

How DO you know you are not doing what the zombie parasites are telling you to Do?

Maybe that are practicing birth control so the parasites existing can consume you over a longer period of time?

How can you suffer zombie parasites from an hallucination? Or what if you are hallucinating about hallucinating? How do you tell the difference?
Veritas Aequitas

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:36 pm
How can you have weaned yourself off of theism, if you have an existential crisis, and still are affected by zombie parasites?
Yes, DNA wise the zombie parasites and the existential crisis are inherent and unavoidable within the lower and mid brain.
As I had mentioned in the other posts, humans can activate the relevant faculties in their higher brain [neo-cortical] to understand and cultivate the necessary inhibitors to modulate the impulses from 'below'.
Note these zombie parasites are not biological things [implied in other posts with you] but are merely an analogy to mental activities/impulses from a set of neural connectivity.

The proofs are in the consequences of out of control activities by the brain, e.g. driving theists to believe in a God that is an illusion and taking it as real.
Note the 'face image illusion' is one good proof. There are loads of other examples I can give.
How DO you know you are not doing what the zombie parasites are telling you to Do?
I cannot be 100% sure I am being deceived by the zombie parasites in certain cases.
It is possible I could have been overwhelmed by the impulses of the "zombie parasites' when I lapsed and binged into certain unhealthy food or activities.
However I have made it a point to ensure I am not deceived into theism again, i.e. believing an illusory being as something real. I addition I am mindful I am not led into immoral activities.

Btw, there is no guarantee a person is always in control of avoiding theism. When a person ages and the neurons naturally atrophize, it is possible for one to be overcome by the zombie parasites into theism when the inhibitors weaken.
Across the world, people have varying levels of belief (and disbelief) in God, with some nations being more devout than others. But new research reveals one constant across parts of the globe: As people age, their belief in God seems to increase.
https://www.livescience.com/19971-belie ... m-age.html
How can you suffer zombie parasites from an hallucination? Or what if you are hallucinating about hallucinating? How do you tell the difference?
Note the thread re 'ALL of conscious reality is a hallucination'.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=25316
So it is possible to hallucinate [0.01%] about the topic of hallucinating.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:12 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:36 pm

Yes, DNA wise the zombie parasites and the existential crisis are inherent and unavoidable within the lower and mid brain.
As I had mentioned in the other posts, humans can activate the relevant faculties in their higher brain [neo-cortical] to understand and cultivate the necessary inhibitors to modulate the impulses from 'below'.
Note these zombie parasites are not biological things [implied in other posts with you] but are merely an analogy to mental activities/impulses from a set of neural connectivity.

The proofs are in the consequences of out of control activities by the brain, e.g. driving theists to believe in a God that is an illusion and taking it as real.
Note the 'face image illusion' is one good proof. There are loads of other examples I can give.
I cannot be 100% sure I am being deceived by the zombie parasites in certain cases.
It is possible I could have been overwhelmed by the impulses of the "zombie parasites' when I lapsed and binged into certain unhealthy food or activities.
However I have made it a point to ensure I am not deceived into theism again, i.e. believing an illusory being as something real. I addition I am mindful I am not led into immoral activities.

Btw, there is no guarantee a person is always in control of avoiding theism. When a person ages and the neurons naturally atrophize, it is possible for one to be overcome by the zombie parasites into theism when the inhibitors weaken.
Across the world, people have varying levels of belief (and disbelief) in God, with some nations being more devout than others. But new research reveals one constant across parts of the globe: As people age, their belief in God seems to increase.
https://www.livescience.com/19971-belie ... m-age.html
Note the thread re 'ALL of conscious reality is a hallucination'.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=25316
So it is possible to hallucinate [0.01%] about the topic of hallucinating.
Hallucination.
Davyboi

Post by Davyboi »

YES!!

-Aristotle
    to the right degree and
    at the right time and
    in the right way -
I don't know what zombie parasites are? But we are all under control from either are environment or are way of dealing with things reactions. There is a saying you can lead a horse to water but you Carnt make it drink! Just because the horse makes the journey and is led doesn't mean the journey isn't wasted. At the end the horse has two options drink or don't drink! Without the journey the horse wouldn't of had the options to consider!
Veritas Aequitas

Davyboi wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:11 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:11 am ...

I don't know what zombie parasites are? But we are all under control from either are environment or are way of dealing with things reactions. There is a saying you can lead a horse to water but you Carnt make it drink! Just because the horse makes the journey and is led doesn't mean the journey isn't wasted. At the end the horse has two options drink or don't drink! Without the journey the horse wouldn't of had the options to consider!
Then you have a lot to catch up.

Not exactly but for simplicity sake, here is an experiment to understand the concept of "zombie parasites" in your brain.
Take a look at this image;

Do you realize in this experience, your subconscious mind has deceived your conscious mind? If not, I will explain later. I have posted this experiment many times.

You will see two 'normal faces' but that is not the truth.
There is a "lie" and 'falsehood' within this experience.

If you are ignorant of what is going on, you will insist this "lie" and 'falsehood' you are seeing and experiencing is a truth of reality.
In that case, you would be lying [unaware and unintentionally].
The one who knows the whole truth will state, you are being deluded.
Point is you cannot get rid of the delusion you are entrapped with.

This principle of compulsion in the above is similar [not exactly] to how "zombie parasites" in the brain of theists had deceived them into such a delusion.
Davyboi

Post by Davyboi »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:43 am

Not exactly but for simplicity sake, here is an experiment to understand the concept of "zombie parasites" in your brain.

Do you realize in this experience, your subconscious mind has deceived your conscious mind? If not, I will explain later. I have posted this experiment many times.

If you are ignorant of what is going on, you will insist this "lie" and 'falsehood' you are seeing and experiencing is a truth of reality.

This principle of compulsion in the above is similar [not exactly] to how "zombie parasites" in the brain of theists had deceived them into such a delusion.
I kind of understand what you are saying, the mind can distort, alter. But there is some part of are consciousness that is still not convinced, for example the two faces you shown me, at a first glance they do look the same, but part of my thinking knew the one on the right wasn't right. As I looked again I could see subtle signs, the mouth, wasn't right..I was aware of it...I will be truthful with you tho, I was surprised and amazed when I turned the faces around..how much my mind had decieved me and how distorted the image actually was.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:43 am

There is nothing very mysterious here. We aren't used to seeing faces upside down. When you are aware of the experiement the face on the right doesn't look so 'normal' after all.
Veritas Aequitas

Davyboi wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:46 pm I kind of understand what you are saying, the mind can distort, alter. But there is some part of are consciousness that is still not convinced, for example the two faces you shown me, at a first glance they do look the same, but part of my thinking knew the one on the right wasn't right. As I looked again I could see subtle signs, the mouth, wasn't right..I was aware of it...I will be truthful with you tho, I was surprised and amazed when I turned the faces around..how much my mind had deceived me and how distorted the image actually was.
Thus this is a direct experience and proof that your mind has deceived you.

If you turn the image around, you will see the distorted face. The point is even after you have known the fact, your mind will still deceive you at all times as far as this image is concern.

There are many other examples to prove how your mind deceives you of 'what is reality' but those re faces are very significant.

From the above and many other examples of deception by your mind, you MUST ask, are there any else that you are deceived by your mind and you are not aware of. If you explore there are perhaps thousands of situations where your mind is deceiving you [even now] whilst you were not aware of them until informed and explained.

There are also many types of deception by the mind, i.e. senses and empirical, mental and transcendental. Those illusions of the senses [sight, audio, smell, etc.] are easily to explain but those that are mental and transcendental [the transcendental illusion of God ] are very difficult to explain and comprehend.

A critical question you MUST ask, is the whole of conscious reality a deception by the mind.
Yes, that is the answer of the OP.

If the whole of conscious reality is a hallucination [deception], thus the conscious cognition of God is also a deception by the mind.

Then you have to ask WHY and HOW is that so?

My thesis [as raised by others as well] is the cognition of a God is an illusion from a deception of the mind [a defense mechanism] to deal with some very desperate psychology driven by an inherent unavoidable existential crisis which I had grouped and labelled as from "zombie parasites."
Last edited by Veritas Aequitas on Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
Veritas Aequitas

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:06 am There is nothing very mysterious here. We aren't used to seeing faces upside down. When you are aware of the experiment the face on the right doesn't look so 'normal' after all.
Note my response above.

Nah, we are not use to seeing most objects upside down. Re faces, we do see them upside down in pictures very often, while someone is sleeping and other occasions.
But the above experiment is only triggered with faces but not objects.

Why?

Because face recognition is very critical for survival in recognition of those [parents, kins, in-group, providers, etc.] who are pro-survival from those who are a threat to our survival. Thus whatever the distortion the brain will attempt to refit the image as an average normal face instead of having to make sense of it all the time which could distract one from focusing on what is critical to survive.

Extrapolating from the above,
that is how the mind deceived the person by throwing in the idea God [as a life saving crutch] when the person [natural to the majority] is psychologically desperate [subliminally].