What is the character of a woman?

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
Arising_uk
Posts: 12313
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:31 am

Re: What is the character of a woman?

Post by Arising_uk »

The main difference between the sexes is one can give birth the other can't. .
uwot
Posts: 4973
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:21 am

Re: What is the character of a woman?

Post by uwot »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:36 pmDo you mean that there are no specific traits at all that make us able to tell when a man is a man, or a woman is a woman? That's not true, obviously, since men and women do, in fact, all the time figure out how to do that.
Mr Can, because of some specific anatomical traits, in all but a few cases it is bleedin' obvious just by looking. This sentimental idea you have that there is some character trait that all women share and is alien to men
Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:01 pm(What would it be? A kind of cognition? A kind of perception? A kind of intuition? A natural propensity? A domestic possibility? A set of values? A perspective?...etc.
is demonstrably false. Attributing any character trait to an individual because of some anatomical feature, tits or skin colour for example, is called prejudice. That anyone should actively seek traits that would legitimise pre-judging another human being is misguided in the ignorant, contemptible in those with any sort of education, and the suggestion that you or anyone else decides a person's sex by referencing the sorts of traits you mention is just ridiculous.
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:36 pmAny two objects in the whole universe are "different," and yet we tell them apart all the time, and form categories into which we are able to put them, and so on.
Yup, sorting things into piles and making associations is something everybody does. The trick is to do so with a bit of humility. Forming utterly inflexible categories and believing that some other category has exactly the same content is what morons do, Mr Can.
Systematic
Posts: 332
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:29 am

Re: What is the character of a woman?

Post by Systematic »

I have stumbled upon an answer to the difference between the genders.

Men are not, generally speaking, concerned with long-term growth as much as with immediate results.

Long-term potential of a human life seems less important to men than the direct root.

The distance between point A and B is, for most men, the line segment AB.

Not so for most women.
gaffo
Posts: 3396
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:15 am

Re: What is the character of a woman?

Post by gaffo »

Systematic wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:14 am I have stumbled upon an answer to the difference between the genders.

Men are not, generally speaking, concerned with long-term growth as much as with immediate results.

Long-term potential of a human life seems less important to men than the direct root.

The distance between point A and B is, for most men, the line segment AB.

Not so for most women.
concur with your view in general as you and i agree that the human condition is more central than our sexes.

a affirm your view per the sexes as a general posit, but not a "wall" - i.e a trend, but not a wall,

we are all humans.
Systematic
Posts: 332
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:29 am

Re: What is the character of a woman?

Post by Systematic »

gaffo wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:26 pm
Systematic wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:14 am I have stumbled upon an answer to the difference between the genders.

Men are not, generally speaking, concerned with long-term growth as much as with immediate results.

Long-term potential of a human life seems less important to men than the direct root.

The distance between point A and B is, for most men, the line segment AB.

Not so for most women.
concur with your view in general as you and i agree that the human condition is more central than our sexes.

a affirm your view per the sexes as a general posit, but not a "wall" - i.e a trend, but not a wall,

we are all humans.
Personally, I refuse to ignore female demands merely based on psychological differences. But I seem to be forgetting that there are many men who will take every difference as an opportunity for exploitation. So, I'm sorry. How do I take it down now? :shock:
jayjacobus
Posts: 957
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:45 pm

Re: What is the character of a woman?

Post by jayjacobus »

There is a definite difference between males and females. As a generalization males take the initiative, have strength, are action oriented and focus on accomplishments while women focus on sensitivity, socializing, caring and nurturing.

As a boy matures he leans heavily toward his masculine side and often tries to suppress his feminine side but he has both. Girls growing up favor their feminine side but do not suppress their masculine side because their masculine side is necessary for them to succeed in society.

Society favors action and values accomplishments rather than caring and for that reason favors males. One might argue that a women is superior to a man in many cases because she can have both a strong masculine and a strong feminine but men seem to think that the feminine side weakens the woman’s ability to accomplish.

On the other hand, that is changing although not very fast.
Post Reply