The thoughts of Nisargadatta Maharaj

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Iwannaplato

Re: The thoughts of Nisargadatta Maharaj

Post by Iwannaplato »

Some folks see nothing but problems, don’t you know.
If guns weren't so emotional and unpredictable they would be much easier to control.
No wait ... that's women.
Democrats are demonizers, like you Sculptor.
For example, the inherent need of woman to knock man off balance
Fox is run by women and they've run off most of the men; what men who remain are entertainers, which is how I know not to watch Fox. I've experienced this first hand.
'
Walker wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:04 am Slime confirmed.
Constantly dividing the world. Constantly contrasting himself with others or the category he is in with the category of others. (nationality, sex, sexuality....and so on), Constantly engaging in interpersonal dynamics that would get his ass thrown out of the company of these gurus (as would the behavior of many people here, myself included. however we are not pretending that we believe in the various perfections and ideas of these gurus).

There's this 1) non-dualism schema, veneration of these gurus, clump in his brain that leads to one set of abstract cliche posts about gurus and non-dualism.

There's this 2) his-own-version of conservatism that leads to his hatred of, and utter dis-identification with, THE OTHER clump in his brain.

He's generally condescending rather than openly aggressive. Because that's where the hypocrite hides his aggression and claims to not be like all the people he hates and the people who point out this shit.

And this is very much the kind interpersonal dynamics gurus get into.

You can meditate diligently for decades (the gurus, not a dabbler like Walker) and never get at the sickness in your soul, even though wonderful non-dual and other states are reached.

Point any of this out and schema two is activated and gets expressed.

Bring up a spiritual topic, or when some guru appears, and schema 1 appears.

Almost like an alter with no memory of the other alter and no integration.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Slime confirmed.
Walker

Post by Walker »

"A little of daily sweeping, washing and bathing can do no harm. Self-awareness tells you at every step what needs be done. When all is done, the mind remains quiet. Now you are in the waking state, a person with name and shape, joys and sorrows. The person was not there before you were born, nor will be there after you die. Instead of struggling with the person to make it become what it is not, why not go beyond the waking state and leave the personal life altogether? It does not mean the extinction of the person; it means only seeing it in right perspective."

- Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
Walker

Post by Walker »

Question: What is the use of a quiet mind?

SNM: When the mind is quiet, we come to know ourselves as the pure witness. We withdraw from the experience and its experiencer and stand apart in pure awareness, which is between andbeyond the two. The personality, based on self-identification, on imagining oneself to be something: ‘I am this, I am that’, continues, but only as a part of the objective world. Its identification with the witness snaps.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:58 am
Thank you.
Finally someone stands up to this woman bashing control freak, and calls him out for his relentless derogatory attitude toward women, namely Dam.

Thanks for your words of support. Much appreciated.
I am defending your thread from Trolls, including yourself, who distract from the Thoughts of Nisargadatta Maharaj.
One method of defense is to make slime a discouraging word.

You really should wake up to what's going on here. It's not all about you.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:54 am
If you insist on making this all about you then so be it, go ahead, eat your own shit and quit your whining.
Last edited by Dontaskme on Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Walker

Post by Walker »

We have a slime-ing here.
- Roger that. Slime confirmed.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:48 am
If you insist on making this all about you then so be it, go ahead, eat your own shit and quit your whining.
When he says, it's not all about you, it means, he would rather something else is happening here. But his preferences, miraculously, aren't about him. You have to remember this when you speak with transcendent beings. They don't take responsibility.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:31 am
When he says, it's not all about you, it means, he would rather something else is happening here. But his preferences, miraculously, aren't about him. You have to remember this when you speak with transcendent beings. They don't take responsibility.
Yes, we are still responsible. No matter the belief that is a transcended ego. The knowledge of I exist never transcends existence, one simply cannot unknow knowing, the ego only appears to transcend, but goes nowhere. When ego I go. 👍
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:10 am Yes, we are still responsible. No matter the belief that is a transcended ego. The knowledge of I exist never transcends existence, one simply cannot unknow knowing, the ego only appears to transcend, but goes nowhere. When ego I go. 👍
Transcendent ego is a rather good summation of Walker.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:05 am
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:10 am Yes, we are still responsible. No matter the belief that is a transcended ego. The knowledge of I exist never transcends existence, one simply cannot unknow knowing, the ego only appears to transcend, but goes nowhere. When ego I go. 👍
Transcendent ego is a rather good summation of Walker.
But, it's not about me. It's about you.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:31 am
My preferences are about giving the thoughts of Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj the consideration that they deserve within the FOKS (Framework Of Knowledge System) that his words reference.

That is what I would rather happen.

My preferences are appropriate to the venue. Yours, are not.

I would rather that trolls such as yourself, DAM, would find another place to disrespect the meaning of words.

But, to respond within your oft' requested FOKS ...

You really should get over your resentment over others noticing your ignorance on these matters. This is the meaning of your cup is full, however in your case, I'd say your bowl is full to overflowing, and not in the sense of, "Momma momma, can I lick the bowl!" More in the sense of, plunger. :P

There's no room for other than what you think you know.

Oy.

:roll:
Walker

Post by Walker »

Question: You seem to advise me to be self-centered to the point of egoism. Must I not yield even to my interest in other people?

SNM: Your interest in others is egoistic, self-concerned, self-oriented. You are not interested in others as persons, but only as far as they enrich, or ennoble your own image of yourself. And the ultimate in selfishness is to care only for the protection, preservation and multiplication of one’s own body. By body I mean all that is related to your name and shape — your family, tribe, country, race, etc. To be attached to one’s name and shape is selfishness. A man who knows that he is neither body nor mind cannot be selfish, for he has nothing to be selfish for. Or, you may say, he is equally ‘selfish’ on behalf of everybody he meets; everybody’s welfare is his own. The feeling ‘I am the world, the world is myself’ becomes quite natural; once it is established, there is just no way of being selfish. To be selfish means to covet, acquire, accumulate on behalf of the part against the whole.
Walker

Post by Walker »

SNM: What increases suffering is bad and what removes it is good.

Question: So you deny goodness to suffering itself. There are religions in which suffering is considered good and noble.

SNM: Karma, or destiny, is an expression of a beneficial law: the universal trend towards balance, harmony and unity. At every moment, whatever happens now, is for the best. It may appear painful and ugly, a suffering bitter and meaningless, yet considering the past and the future it is for the best, as the only way out of a disastrous situation.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Consciousness is all there is. So 'who' is to know or seek 'what'? All there is is the impersonal functioning of consciousness, or God, reflecting within itself the totality of manifestation.

Everything, is all one thing, the absolute totality of all that is, reflecting within itself a multiple myriad of different kaleidoscopic images.
The image in the mirror that appears to be looking back at you...is the unseen seer. The unknown knower. The hidden in plain sight SELF...the only self/knowing there is.

"All There Is, is Consciousness" all actions are happenings, the functioning of the Primal Energy, and not the doing by anyone.