Favourite movie scenes

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

promethean75

Re: Favourite movie scenes

Post by promethean75 »

Asteroid City

superbly done! a lot of big names playing characters unlike anything they've done before. this had to be an incredibly fun movie to shoot for these guys.

"Its metatextual plot simultaneously depicts the events of a Junior Stargazer convention in a retrofuturistic version of 1955, staged as a play, and the creation of the play. It is Anderson's homage to popular memory and mythology about extraterrestrials and UFOs witnessed in the Southwestern desert in close proximity to atomic test sites during the postwar period of the American 20th century."
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Walker wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:54 pm
attofishpi wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:43 am
"Leave the World Behind" - OMG!!! <--- Best movie I have seen in years.

If anyone has Netflix, watch it - if you know how to do torrent downloads, do it! The ending was sooo cooool!!!
Sounds like that movie was quite emotionally moving.
Bloody right! It'll make a prepper out of ya grandma!

Funny story I was telling the lads at the pub yesterday re that film. Well, I knew that Julia Roberts and Kevin Bacon were in it. I'm watching it, and I thinking, MY GOD does Kevin Bacon look good for his age!! At one point I even asked Google what year he was born - 1958. I'm like, fuck he gets better looking with age that bloke.
So anyway, there's a big build up the entire film and you never know where it's heading, but one thing you do know at some point the main characters Kevin Bacon and this other bloke are going to go to this preppers house for assistance. You know this dude (whoever he is) is gonna come out on his porch with a shotgun (Henry Quirk style)...and tell them to fuck off. Well the funny thing is, who comes out of the door with a shotgun!!? Kevin fucking Bacon!!
The dude I thought all along was Kevin Bacon, is bloody Ethan Hawke!! lmao. :lol:
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

I tried to watch The House of Gucci but couldn't make it becuz I can't stand lady gaga.

My my my poker face my my poker face. Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb that song is dumb dumb.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Gaga. :lol:

You must admit though, such irony as a fortune from a meat dreass is a rarified realm.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Immortal Good vs Immortal Evil – Simplified.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvnq_W0i3Bs
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Coriolanus is so far the worst movie I've seen this year. U have to watch some clips from it to see just how horrible it is. U won't believe it.

"Visceral and visually striking, Ralph Fiennes' Coriolanus proves Shakespeare can still be both electrifying and relevant in a modern context."

It's refering to the dialogue style, and that, in my opinion, is what makes it so nauseating (not 'electrifying'). Everything about this movie woulda been cool if these idiots didn't talk like Shakespeare the whole time. I couldn't make it fifteen minutes, and i can't believe this is same dude who did Schindler's List.

There's just some things u don't do, and giving actors a 15th century dialect in a 20th century setting is one of em.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Sweet Smell of Success (1957)- "This one is toting that one... for you"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7lLS7agQl4
meno_

Post by meno_ »

‘Hiroshima mom amour’ by Godard, a great film noir, and a very fitting theme.

Plan a visit there - to the museum, this coming March.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Why in the world would folks ever complain that American actors lack subtlety?
This is positively brilliant dialogue, pacing, comedy.

He's Taken a [SIC] Interest!
Never make Lipnik like you. Never!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CrSOPGvblI

So ... does fast-talking, stream-of-consciousness, entertaining Lipnik sound like someone? Someone who is very famous, for real?
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

All the old, good movie scenes have been scrubbed from Youtube already...Walking Dead has great scenes though (seasons 1-6).
Walker

Post by Walker »

This scene is pretty good.

Forest Whitaker from The Color Of Money
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBvyB2dTnlQ

Comment: Eddie intended to take advantage of a fool. Eddie’s delusions created his instant karma. Eddie became the fool because of his intent. Karma, intent, delusion.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Devs Crazy Scene ''Universe is Deterministic''
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJptCd8Ayog

This is an interesting series. It appears to be targeting stoners based on the cinematography, the pacing, and the lack of dialogue. This is the only character who has much to say.

Warning: Everything after the 3:00 minute marker depicts a disturbing murder that’s superfluous to the dialogue, so there’s no need to watch that.

Note the metaphor to Christ and Judas.
Walker

Post by Walker »

(continued)

- Why note the Christ metaphor?

- Because, the Christ reference negates the character’s earlier assertion that there is no God.

- In other words, the character asserts that there is no God, then with the Christ example of knowing that Judas could not have done other than what he did, or what he was going to do, demonstrates determinism.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Unforgiven
Karma Scene, the old days
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X0044_jxFo

- Movie Plotline: A woman is wronged. She does not get justice. She gets nothing. Quite unfair and the women who are in her same boat, who could have suffered her fate, are outraged.
- Her sisters-in-arms seek justice on her behalf, and on behalf of women.
- They find their justice and it ain’t pretty. It’s uncontrollable. It’s not equitable. It’s Unleashed Wrath that they summon, and they are afraid.
Walker

Post by Walker »

The Princess Bride
Sword Fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUczpTPATyU