I KNOW 'God' exists ask me about it i experienced the TESTamenT

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

Re: I KNOW 'God' exists ask me about it i experienced the TESTamenT

Post by attofishpi »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:So you are only interested in those who agree with you. You can hardly make a statement on here like 'I know there is a god' and not expect some ridicule.
No. sthitapragya does not agree with me - unless i convinced him on my last point - but he is able to debate in an intelligent and reasoned method something the three of you don't seem to grasp.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

attofishpi wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:So you are only interested in those who agree with you. You can hardly make a statement on here like 'I know there is a god' and not expect some ridicule.
No. sthitapragya does not agree with me - unless i convinced him on my last point - but he is able to debate in an intelligent and reasoned method something the three of you don't seem to grasp.
He does seem to like to indulge the religious nuts.

You might find this interesting. A fascinating episode on 'god' and the human tendency to believe in stuff. It does generalise a lot though. He doesn't account for those of us who don't seem to be 'hard-wired to believe', and I find some of the experiments with children unethical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbF620PRDOE
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:He does seem to like to indulge the religious nuts.
...and yet you were unable to work out my little joke - and really got rather sucked in. I bet you haven't the nuts upstairs and even between your legs to fathom it out.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
attofishpi wrote: Oh you poor sap that never truly sought wisdom. You are the idiot asked to take a pick when stood between a fork and a shovel...confused and no idea surmises you.
:?:
:mrgreen:
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

attofishpi wrote: ...and yet you were unable to work out my little joke - and really got rather sucked in. I bet you haven't the nuts upstairs and even between your legs to fathom it out.
Actually your 'age' comment made me chuckle and the vodka explains a lot. :mrgreen:
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Actually your 'age' comment made me chuckle and the vodka explains a lot. :mrgreen:
Good, im glad you had a chuckle, humour was the only thing that got me through the tests. And the vodka, yeah, this thread would not exist if vodka didn't!

I like 'me green' - :mrgreen: not sure why he's called that (apart from the obvious he is green) and nobody pretty much uses 'him'!
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

attofishpi wrote:he is able to debate in an intelligent and reasoned method something the three of you don't seem to grasp.
And you think YOU are a good judge of intelligence and reasoning? :lol: :lol: With your craptastic life experiences, and imaginary nebulous religious experiences, and vodka-induced threads, and hateful angry spewings? Apparently you are STILL... all these years later... missing the FUCKING POINT of your experiences. You just keep using everything to stroke yourself, as some tortured but chosen seer of truth! You DO love your precious stories above all else, don't you?! It's how you've made sense of things in a way that pleases you. You can't even imagine dropping them for a moment -- and anyone/everyone who suggests such a thing to you is speaking "nonsense". On you go... reacting and blaming... imagining and creating... as if nothing to the contrary could possibly exist.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Lacewing wrote:
attofishpi wrote:Why do you get so offended when someone states they know God\'God' exists?
I'm not offended. I'm pointing out that YOU DON'T KNOW a god for anyone other than yourself... and even knowing what you think you "know" is questionable. :)
attofishpi wrote:Why does that mean i have an egocentric agenda?
Your seeming intoxication with your identity is what suggests a focus on ego.
attofishpi wrote:..to add, i was reduced to the lowest form of existence where ego was somewhere far from my self, by this God\'God'.
Why do you blame a god for that? Why do you not see/acknowledge how much you are creating (and responsible for)? When you're feeling tortured, you blame a god for it. Then later, a "sage" begins giving you answers. My guess is that the torture AND the "sagely" tapping... are all different parts of you... some of the limitless potentials you can access. I'm suggesting that the stories you create around all of it are your own creations, and they can be as intoxicating as any drug.

Therefore, I tend to be wary of stories as being yet another veil that obscures clarity and awareness. Stories that are worshipped are idols.
I read your webpage, atto. Interesting.

Based on your descriptions in this thread, you experienced the presence of an independent entity. However, comments from others have followed the assumption that the entity requires your awareness for its existence.

I simply see objective descriptions based on a plausible, logical rationale. For example, recent news reportings say that something like half of all techies think that reality fits the conditions of a computer simulation. Likely this view accords with all that they know about the mysteries of their present-based experience.

I know what they mean in my own way, as I’ve often experienced long series of illogical coincidinces that irrevocably bend unfolding reality towards the inevitable. Once apparent it becomes apparent to such a degree, that ignoring the coordination of impartial forces involved, ignores reality.

Behaviorists say that we unconsciously insert bias into the selection of what gets noticed, resulting in a projection of the illusion we call destiny. I don’t think so. When we analytically examine things that have happened in life, we see that interpretations and views which may or may not accord with reality do shape actions, and influence the motive for action. However in addition to whatever shapes intent, seemingly independent events do conspire without one’s participation to exert well-timed influence beyond egocentric control.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Walker wrote:...seemingly independent events do conspire without one’s participation to exert well-timed influence beyond egocentric control.
I think this could be happening because we are likely part of a vastly immense system that operates with broader rhythms and "logic" than what we can see at the individual (and material) level. I suspect that we may be more involved and influential in that "larger picture" than we realize, but our conscious thoughts are focused on our individual movie where our ego can be given any degree of starring role.

There have been countless demonstrations and teachings of how a person's thoughts/energy can attract more of the same. Like mini magnets, it's as if we can pull from the larger system, and the larger system will even "line things up" in inexplicable and "magical" ways based on our magnetic pull. We are usually surprised and fascinated by this... and may even personify it somehow... and yet it's probably just the NATURE of a completely integrated and connected system.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Walker wrote:
attofishpi wrote:..to add, i was reduced to the lowest form of existence where ego was somewhere far from my self, by this God\'God'.
I read your webpage, atto. Interesting.

Based on your descriptions in this thread, you experienced the presence of an independent entity. However, comments from others have followed the assumption that the entity requires your awareness for its existence.

I simply see objective descriptions based on a plausible, logical rationale. For example, recent news reportings say that something like half of all techies think that reality fits the conditions of a computer simulation. Likely this view accords with all that they know about the mysteries of their present-based experience.
Thankyou for taking the time to look at my website.
Yes, when you understand that we are in a binary universe and comprehend scientific notions of multiple dimensions you can get close to comprehending how an entity can 'project' our reality, and hence distort - what we are accustomed to. Thanks for actually reading and comprehending what i have been stating within this thread also, you are correct regarding some of the posters.
Walker wrote:I know what they mean in my own way, as I’ve often experienced long series of illogical coincidinces that irrevocably bend unfolding reality towards the inevitable. Once apparent it becomes apparent to such a degree, that ignoring the coordination of impartial forces involved, ignores reality.
Yes, synchronicity can be a real pain in the head - when God is testing whether you are aware that it exists it REALLY does become testing to say the least.
Walker wrote:Behaviorists say that we unconsciously insert bias into the selection of what gets noticed, resulting in a projection of the illusion we call destiny. I don’t think so. When we analytically examine things that have happened in life, we see that interpretations and views which may or may not accord with reality do shape actions, and influence the motive for action. However in addition to whatever shapes intent, seemingly independent events do conspire without one’s participation to exert well-timed influence beyond egocentric control.
Yes, try 19 yrs of it! ...on and off between the pleasure of heaven and the torment of hell when i have crossed a certain line
When in what i can only describe as 'hell' - you have a thought when you get annoyed at God\'God's continued injection to your consciousness and think "Fuck Off" only to hear "Hahahaha" from those around you - and EVERY time, there is very little peace. God or the sage has stated to me that i have passed the test - so i no longer go through this - finally!

It is no wonder some of the posters in this thread get their simple minded pleasure from calling me a schizo, but thankyou again for taking the time to actually read and comprehend what i am saying.
sthitapragya

Post by sthitapragya »

attofishpi wrote: ..and i stated at the beginning of my post - that i am proving nothing re Gods existence here - so we are on agreement with that.

What "being the Christ" meant - was that He went to his death - continuing to claim to be the "Son of God" where the Jew high priests were all infuriated with this and demanded his death. (i think thats how the official story goes). My above post just provides a reason (for me) as to one of the reasons why he continued claiming to be the son of God until death.

Had he just been Jesus? - nothing - he would have just been another man - wouldn't he? I would not have been told that he was the Christ...in fact - i was not told "Jesus was the Christ" - i was told that "he did!" when i considered this man Jesus the Christ that died for our sins.

So sorry everyone, and damn that bottle of vodka because i never should have started this thread and i give as much as the tits on a nit what you all believe.
I meant had he just been a man and said what he said and did what he did without once claiming he was the son of God, would it make what he said and did less valuable?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

sthitapragya wrote:
attofishpi wrote: ..and i stated at the beginning of my post - that i am proving nothing re Gods existence here - so we are on agreement with that.

What "being the Christ" meant - was that He went to his death - continuing to claim to be the "Son of God" where the Jew high priests were all infuriated with this and demanded his death. (i think thats how the official story goes). My above post just provides a reason (for me) as to one of the reasons why he continued claiming to be the son of God until death.

Had he just been Jesus? - nothing - he would have just been another man - wouldn't he? I would not have been told that he was the Christ...in fact - i was not told "Jesus was the Christ" - i was told that "he did!" when i considered this man Jesus the Christ that died for our sins.

So sorry everyone, and damn that bottle of vodka because i never should have started this thread and i give as much as the tits on a nit what you all believe.
I meant had he just been a man and said what he said and did what he did without once claiming he was the son of God, would it make what he said and did less valuable?
Yes, i thinks so. The association within "divinity" is required. And he would unlikely even have the symbol of the crucifix - the 'cross' to his name, since the high priests would not have bothered with him. As far as i am aware, he was crucified mainly for continuing to claim to be the 'Son' and the 'messiah' that Judaism had prophesied perhaps a millennia earlier.
I doubt any of us would be aware of his previous existence to this day.
sthitapragya

Post by sthitapragya »

attofishpi wrote:
Yes, i thinks so. The association within "divinity" is required. And he would unlikely even have the symbol of the crucifix - the 'cross' to his name, since the high priests would not have bothered with him. As far as i am aware, he was crucified mainly for continuing to claim to be the 'Son' and the 'messiah' that Judaism had prophesied perhaps a millennia earlier.
I suppose that has been one of my many problems with the concept of religion and God. If a lack of association with divinity changes the value of true wisdom, I think there is something wrong there. The emphasis seems to be on divinity not on wisdom.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

sthitapragya wrote:
attofishpi wrote:
I suppose that has been one of my many problems with the concept of religion and God. If a lack of association with divinity changes the value of true wisdom, I think there is something wrong there. The emphasis seems to be on divinity not on wisdom.
Yes, but isn't this man's 'folly'. Would atheists or theists at the time having listened to Jesus's words have exalted him? It is not 'religions' fault because religion IS about divinity.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

sthitapragya wrote:If a lack of association with divinity changes the value of true wisdom, I think there is something wrong there.
Good point. It also doesn't make sense to me that divinity has boundaries. Boundaries seem clearly manmade for man's purposes.
sthitapragya

Post by sthitapragya »

attofishpi wrote:
sthitapragya wrote:
attofishpi wrote:
Yes, but isn't this man's 'folly'. Would atheists or theists at the time having listened to Jesus's words have exalted him? It is not 'religions' fault because religion IS about divinity.
It is not man's folly but the folly of the religious man because it is he who places the emphasis on divinity rather than wisdom. And that raises questions about religion because that is what originally induced the concept of the supremacy of divinity.