Heidegger view of Being

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

lilkiddykid

Heidegger view of Being

Post by lilkiddykid »

Do you agree with Heidegger's view of concept of Being itself and its influence on his interpretation of technology?
attofishpi

Re: Heidegger view of Being

Post by attofishpi »

lilkiddykid wrote:Do you agree with Heidegger's view of concept of Being itself and its influence on his interpretation of technology?
Well, i think i best get this kicked off without further delay.

Now, by being, im guessing some sort of 'doing'. I'm not going to persist on the bumble bee, as in, a bumble being, because i might be a tad off track.

Now i love to hear from a philosophers point of view in relation to technology and how such a thing, quite possibly could 'account' for our being?

Or perhaps, i'm still being the sap barking up the wrong tree.

I'm interested, please expand lilkiddykid.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

attofishpi wrote: Well, i think i best get this kicked off without further delay.

Now, by being, im guessing some sort of 'doing'. I'm not going to persist on the bumble bee, as in, a bumble being, because i might be a tad off track.

Now i love to hear from a philosophers point of view in relation to technology and how such a thing, quite possibly could 'account' for our being?

Or perhaps, i'm still being the sap barking up the wrong tree.

I'm interested, please expand lilkiddykid.
well I don't think you are too far off... Martin had his plans for artificial hives, although this technology did lack some sweetness...

-Imp
van Keister

Post by van Keister »

Being of Being for Heidegger is a groundless ground, an inner light towards human reality and our structure of reality. The road splits at this point. Do we follow Heidegger in that human consciousness runs deeper and is grounded in something we cannot define, or do we follow way which interprets man through historiography or biology? Philosophy is therefore to Heidegger a dialogue between Being and being. Heidegger offers us Being without the guise of surrender to religion or abstract metaphysics. No wonder the British hated him!