Ignorant people are not more "happy"

What is art? What is beauty?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

GreatandWiseTrixie

Ignorant people are not more "happy"

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

Ignorant people believe they are happy. And the non-ignorant believe ignorant people are happy. They have a term called "ignorance is bliss." Many people choose to be ignorant on purpose, for example some religious people, when confronted about their religions, lose the argument and then say "You don't need to have a high IQ to join politics."
This is a very powerful statement. It tells me that they know what they believe is BS, but they choose to believe it on purpose. Why do they choose it? Because they believe it will bring them happiness.

But does ignorance really bring happiness? Let's see. No it doesn't. People go around with their day to day jobs, their earthly lives and retarded social norms, intentionally being ignorant. Like any game, there's a lot of grinding, and suffering. Just look at people's lives, its filled with work, and subservience to their peers. Subservience to outdated and stupid social norms. But they follow these norms, like slaves, so that they get a payoff when one of their peers pats them on a shoulder. The modern life is months of stress for a little pat on the shoulder.

The difference between them and people who escaped this cycle, is that they are happy constantly. And then they realize constant happiness is not really much better than stress and make believe. So these singularities willfully dumb themselves down and participate in the human's games once again. But the human game's are not really more happy. The grass always seems greener on the other side.
thedoc

Re: Ignorant people are not more "happy"

Post by thedoc »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Ignorant people believe they are happy. And the non-ignorant believe ignorant people are happy. They have a term called "ignorance is bliss." Many people choose to be ignorant on purpose,
Trixie, will you provide more examples of this, post something.
David Handeye

Post by David Handeye »

Well, I think Trixie is right. Not that many people choose to be ignorant on purpose, but they simply choose to live without making themselves questions like Trixie's and other's on this forum, for instance.
I look at my brotherinlaw, he's sooooooooooooooooo happy :evil: :evil:
GreatandWiseTrixie

David Handeye wrote:Well, I think Trixie is right. Not that many people choose to be ignorant on purpose, but they simply choose to live without making themselves questions like Trixie's and other's on this forum, for instance.
He's not really happy, just fake happy, like thedoc. A happy person wouldn't go around stalking women at every thread they post just to thrown in some 2cent insulting comment.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:
David Handeye wrote:Well, I think Trixie is right. Not that many people choose to be ignorant on purpose, but they simply choose to live without making themselves questions like Trixie's and other's on this forum, for instance.
He's not really happy, just fake happy, like thedoc. A happy person wouldn't go around stalking women at every thread they post just to thrown in some 2cent insulting comment.

Oooh, she noticed me, I feel soooo privileged.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

David Handeye wrote: I look at my brotherinlaw, he's sooooooooooooooooo happy

Perhaps it's because he's Fucking your sister?
David Handeye

Post by David Handeye »

Neither doc, my wife's sister, actually
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

David Handeye wrote:Neither doc, my wife's sister, actually

I'm glad that you don't need to feel indignant about it.
David Handeye

Post by David Handeye »

thedoc wrote:

Yep, always taking life with philosophy 8)
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

David Handeye wrote:
thedoc wrote:

Yep, always taking life with philosophy 8)
I suppose your wife's sister might be easier to take. I'm trying to remember how I felt about my daughters. The older one was OK she was in college, I think, at the time. The younger one was a bit more of a shock, we found out for sure when she came home and told us she was pregnant. However to our credit, my daughter said we took it a lot better than she expected, I think she was expecting a lecture if not a battle, and she got support.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Ignorant people believe they are happy. And the non-ignorant believe ignorant people are happy. They have a term called "ignorance is bliss." Many people choose to be ignorant on purpose, for example some religious people, when confronted about their religions, lose the argument and then say "You don't need to have a high IQ to join politics."
This is a very powerful statement. It tells me that they know what they believe is BS, but they choose to believe it on purpose. Why do they choose it? Because they believe it will bring them happiness.

But does ignorance really bring happiness? Let's see. No it doesn't. People go around with their day to day jobs, their earthly lives and retarded social norms, intentionally being ignorant. Like any game, there's a lot of grinding, and suffering. Just look at people's lives, its filled with work, and subservience to their peers. Subservience to outdated and stupid social norms. But they follow these norms, like slaves, so that they get a payoff when one of their peers pats them on a shoulder. The modern life is months of stress for a little pat on the shoulder.

The difference between them and people who escaped this cycle, is that they are happy constantly. And then they realize constant happiness is not really much better than stress and make believe. So these singularities willfully dumb themselves down and participate in the human's games once again. But the human game's are not really more happy. The grass always seems greener on the other side.
Any statistical back up are you just shouting from your own imagination?
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
If that is the case, then she must be sitting on her imagination, that would be a very powerful imagination to create a chair out of thin air, regardless of how bad it smelled.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Ignorant people believe they are happy. And the non-ignorant believe ignorant people are happy. They have a term called "ignorance is bliss." Many people choose to be ignorant on purpose, for example some religious people, when confronted about their religions, lose the argument and then say "You don't need to have a high IQ to join politics."

For realsies?
GreatandWiseTrixie

Do you know how ridiculous it is to ask for statistics for a post like this? I'm so done with you people. Even flat-earthers had less absurdity than this.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Do you know how ridiculous it is to ask for statistics for a post like this? I'm so done with you people. Even flat-earthers had less absurdity than this.
The stats are out there.

Why should we discuss your personal view? It's worthless.

Think about it!

There are more people in the world that the self centred, self interested "great" and (ahem!) wise Trixie.