Deja Vu: A Warning From Life, Itself?

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Amber Piirainen

Deja Vu: A Warning From Life, Itself?

Post by Amber Piirainen »

Hashtag "on the right track." Hashtag "déjà vu"." A self proclaimed witch once shared with me that the experience of déjà vu was a sign from the universe that you were exactly where you were suppose to be in life, thus being on the right track. Like a small generic reward. Admittedly intrigued by the theory, I remained forever unconvinced. Life was anything but generic. Something then and there happened, something almost instinctual. Almost defensive. The same sorts of emotions some of you are already experiencing while reading this post. A million thoughts simultaneously crossed my mind arguing this nonsense. For, there were far too many "what if's' and "would of, could of, should of's" left in the dust and an abundance of regret and failures to receive praise from life itself. No. If life had something to say about how I was going about it, it would be anything but congratulations.
To me, déjà vu was a warning. Like a red light; saying "stop." You have been here before. You have already done what you are about to do. This is your second chance. Change things. Choose a different path. Go a new way.
Life is full of circles. Some we see and some we don't. Living just to relive doesn't feel like much more than a romanticized philosophy on life. But we do relive. It is the art of reproduction, not reincarnation (though it should not be ruled out, one may not exist without the other). The memories of our furthest ancestors may be nonexistent but they themselves still thrive in us. The circumstances of options are undoubtably differently than those of our ancestors but the creation of possibilities continue to prosper.
So does life really bring us back to these moments and offer up cues when it knows we are struggling? Is there then not a need to struggle for the hints are already given? Prehaps it is deep breaths and brave new steps that need our attention, most. Because life does not live for us. We choose our own paths. Just as our babies trust us to take their first steps, perhaps life is simply saying "trust me" and urging us to walk a journey that is complete not in our own significance but in a connected significance where all things are relevant. If this is true then wouldn't the same life just go on and on forever in an infinity of right and wrong choices? Well...wouldn't it! Go on forever! And so it does -then for what intention? What is the result of making every unerring decision, ever to be had? Is the reward something that is real? Obtainable? Indestructible? If the answer is not yes, then we have reached the wrong conclusion again! And so we ask, again: "what is the purpose for life?"
jackles

Re: Deja Vu: A Warning From Life, Itself?

Post by jackles »

action in the event can be given the name of purpose.but the purpose of life is the expression of existance.
Bernard

Post by Bernard »

I heard a good 'seers' explanation at a Carlos Castaneda seminar. In very short: we have an energy centre at the top of the head - like we do at various other parts of ourselves, such as the liver, below the navel, the genitals, etcetera. The one at the top of the head is connected to the universe at large, specifically to other versions of ourselves in the cosmos. Its like a motherboard of ourselves out there at all different stages of our lives. Connecting to that matrix tells us if we are on track. Another thing said was that that energy centre doesn't usually work properly, we should be connected all the time, but we only occasionally connect.
jackles

Post by jackles »

like that bernard and the halo above the head is the inner and outer the up and down and the beond male and the female nonmoving beond the univeres you.its the you in you.ha the motionless measurer of the speed of light.