What is more beautiful: Man-made or Nature-Made?

What is art? What is beauty?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Blaggard

Re: What is more beautiful: Man-made or Nature-Made?

Post by Blaggard »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Blaggard wrote:
dratsab wrote:"I'm also an American, yet see no better or worse, only different."

So, Saudi Arabia vs Sweden, neither country is better just different? Child rapist VS hero, neither one is better just different? Any moral choice is just subjective? No objective standards of quality?

"Give me a break. You are all brainwashed from a young age to worship a piece of rag. I think that accounts for your collective National insanity. I'm sure there must be some quietly spoken, modest Americans, probably about .01 per cent of the population.Then there's the obsession with guns, the constant meddling in other countries, the need to be bullying at least one country at any given time 'in the interests of protecting AMERICAN lives (because they are the most important) and National security'. It's not the rest of the world's fault you give such a bad impression."

Lolz, for you to talk of modesty is funny, since you spout hateful rage and think your opinion is better than anyone else's. Don't get me wrong, I think my opinion is better than other people's too, but I'm not a hypocrite about it. Also, my opinion really is better than yours, objectively, so there's that. Enjoy your tribal nature worship though... while conversing on the internet.

Oh for god sake any more of that making sense shit and I am going to call foul. :P ;)

"You'll never have a peaceful world until you knock the patriotism out of it."

George Bernard Shaw.
There are several different posters in that quote box. Which one are you referring to?
And if I said all of them how now?
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

dratsab wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:"I'm also an American, yet see no better or worse, only different."
SoB in Red

So, Saudi Arabia vs Sweden, neither country is better just different?
Exactly! My selfish preference has nothing to do with it. And so it's not my place to try and make them like me, as if my preference bears any universal weight.

Child rapist VS hero, neither one is better just different?
What the fuck does this got to do with countries? Now you're speaking of individuals, such as it should be, better check your baggage!

Any moral choice is just subjective?
And this pertains to countries how? As if all of one country subscribe to the same morals.
But yes in reality it is. Only from any particular selfish subjective perspective does one see it otherwise.

No objective standards of quality?
Show me this universal rule book. I'm waiting... And shall be for quite some time, an eternity, no less! No, sorry, a bible written by men does not count.
And all this deals with the OP, of aesthetics how?
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Blaggard wrote:

And if I said all of them how now?
Well I'm the last person to go in for 'tribal worship' so the guy's an idiot.
Blaggard

Post by Blaggard »

I think his point is a little more sophisticated than that but ok. Trouble is what follows leaves me less freedom to digress. Suffice to say I think this discussion perhaps should be split off. I'd ask but I am watching a movie atm, and listening out for a call, and juggling five balls and trying to keep 5 plates spinning at the same time, so I am not at liberty to do so... Oh and plus I don't give a shit about on or off topic unless it starts really being against the grain but suffice to say:

SoB made a decent point too.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Blaggard wrote:I think his point is a little more sophisticated than that but ok. Trouble is what follows leaves me less freedom to digress. Suffice to say I think this discussion perhaps should be split off. I'd ask but I am watching a movie atm, and listening out for a call, and juggling five balls and trying to keep 5 plates spinning at the same time, so I am not at liberty to do so... Oh and plus I don't give a shit about on or off topic unless it starts really being against the grain but suffice to say:

SoB made a decent point too.
Yes, well I've yet to see anyone taking any notice of the OP, except perhaps in the first couple of posts. Threads are an evolutionary process, a bit like the game of Chinese Whispers.
Blaggard

Post by Blaggard »

Oh I know, was just saying.
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Yes, well I've yet to see anyone taking any notice of the OP, except perhaps in the first couple of posts. Threads are an evolutionary process, a bit like the game of Chinese Whispers.
I understand this, but one usually expects the original poster of a thread, to not be swayed, sucked into, side bars, often being nasty if their thread is derailed, for another's purposes. It seems that very few don't mind a meandering subject line. I mean what's really on this guys mind anyway?