A Light Going Out

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Alexis Jacobi

Re: A Light Going Out

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

attofishpi wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:26 am The letters within the English alphabet are very interesting with regards to their phonetics that are identical to the sounds of words.

A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z.

Examples are (and not limited to):
Y = WHY
O = OWE
U = YOU
This might interest you.
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

As to color-associations with people's thinking -- now this interests me!

You tend to write in shades of Verbena and at times it seems more of a Wild Orchid tonality. In one post, I don't remeber when or where, but one post of yours had definite streaks of Fandango.

Kropotkin always comes across in darkish greens like Gretna Green, Kremlin Green or even Dewkiss.

Gary writes almost exclusively in dark brown that tend to greenish hues like Bronze Brown, Smoke Brown and Bronzesheen.

I suppose it goes without saying that Lacewing writes in lively hot pinks such as Mallow Pink or Indiana, sometimes a more paler Valencia though Amaranth seems to be the standard intensity.

I have noticed, I may even have dreamed about it, that IC tends to write in shades of Payne's Gray, sometimes tending to Regimental Gray and in rare instances Geneva Blue when the Spirit moves him.

My tendency is to strangely irreal oranges like Fiesta or Crushed Strawberry, Rose Neynon and even Coral Blush though I am honestly trying to veer more to Walnut Taffy or even Flax Pebble -- but it does not come easily for me and may come across as contrived and forced.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:37 pm
attofishpi wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:26 am The letters within the English alphabet are very interesting with regards to their phonetics that are identical to the sounds of words.

A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z.

Examples are (and not limited to):
Y = WHY
O = OWE
U = YOU
This might interest you.
I was hoping it would, perhaps phonetic words in French that when spoken match letters of the Alphabet. But alas, no, doesn't interest me much.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:04 pm As to color-associations with people's thinking -- now this interests me!

You tend to write in shades of Verbena and at times it seems more of a Wild Orchid tonality. In one post, I don't remeber when or where, but one post of yours had definite streaks of Fandango.
You forgot the times I write in Mars Black.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Peter Kropotkin wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:28 pm
attofishpi wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:37 am Egg on my face eh? All it takes in philosophy is for Kropotkin to provide reasonable replies to what I have stated.
K: the problem, among many other things, is that your ''piece'' is
not rational..
Well then. Y don't you join the fray and provide explanation to how and where I am being "irrational"..

There are many atheists on this forum I have great respect for, actual philosophically minded individuals. ..thus far, you don't appear among their ranks.

Please do make account of yourself, here it's just a click away Kropotkin: viewtopic.php?t=41324

Let's see your "philosophical" analysis at work in deeper levels.

..after all, Veritable Aquaduck is making a fool of himself over there. I need someone of greater "philosophical clout" to bring the message home to me, that I am indeed talking "mystic crap".

Or haven't you the nous? :D
Ansiktsburk

Post by Ansiktsburk »

Age wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:02 pm
Ansiktsburk wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:51 pm
Age wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:31 am

TO 'who', EXACTLY?

If TO 'you' here "gary childress", then okay. I do NOT SEE what 'you' DO here.

TO 'me' 'this' here is NOT even A POSSIBILITY in regards to ACTUAL 'philosophy', itself. But, 'you' do have a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT VERSION OF 'philosophy' than I DO, right?

WHY did the word 'apologist' become SO POPULAR, and be expressed in a way as though being a so-called 'apologist' is somehow a WRONG or NEGATIVE 'thing', in the days when this is being written?

The ACTUAL ANSWER MIGHT SURPRISE SOME OF 'you', here.

DO 'you', "gary childress", create a so-called 'darkness' where 'you' go, or settle?

Do 'you' HAVE A FEAR OF, what is wrongly-called, 'DEATH', "gary childress"?
Ok, you’re still around
Okay. GREAT OBSERVATION.
Can you really blame me? One might want to post quietly without getting a plethoria of CAPITAL LETTERS back, offensively disturbing your otium.

Post by Age »

Ansiktsburk wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:10 am
Age wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:02 pm
Ansiktsburk wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:51 pm

Ok, you’re still around
Okay. GREAT OBSERVATION.
Can you really blame me?
FOR 'what', EXACTLY?
Ansiktsburk wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:10 am One might want to post quietly without getting a plethoria of CAPITAL LETTERS back, offensively disturbing your otium.
Okay.