Omniscience and omnibenevolence

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Astro Cat

Re: Omniscience and omnibenevolence

Post by Astro Cat »

iambiguous wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:21 pm(Post)
Hey iambiguous, letting you know I’m on vacation until Wednesday so likely won’t be responding to any real degree until probably Thursday or so :)
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:43 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:10 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:32 amBut there's a problem: omnipotence, omniscience and omnipresence are not separable characteristics, but rather different aspects of the Supreme Being's nature...they don't work individually. Rather, they are like facets of a single diamond -- and you can't talk about "facets" without implicating the whole structure of the gemstone.
What you've just described is NONDUAL understanding.

An understanding you have repeatedly REJECTED.
I've never rejected the idea that there are some things that have to be taken holistically. It's obvious that there are. But I have rejected the absurd premise that holistic thinking is the total rule of everything, which is just as obviously false.
Every type of thinking is Nondual

It’s not false obviously.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Astro Cat wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:23 pm ...letting you know I’m on vacation until Wednesday so likely won’t be responding substantively until Thursday or so.
Works for me.
Also, I may try to work responses into syllogisms as an experiment to see if that’s shorter.
Ooh. I like syllogisms. 8)
Also, it looks like there are places you are punting to mystery ;)
It's Super Bowl weekend. Somebody's got to punt. 🏈

But no, I'm not, so far as I can tell...but I'll be interested to see where you think that is.

Take your time...it's not like the issues we're chewing over are going to disappear in the meanwhile...probably.

Post by Age »

Belinda wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:54 pm
Age wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:40 pm
Belinda wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:54 am

Tell me what the words mean to you. More interestingly perhaps tell what the words mean FOR you.
LOL I ASKED 'you', What were the words 'omniscience' and 'omnibenevolence', in the title of this thread, in relation to, EXACTLY, to you, YET you come back and respond with, Tell me what the words mean to you?

What does it MATTER what the words me TO me or even FOR me?

This is just an ATTEMPT at DISTRACTION from what WAS being DISCUSSED, previously.
You are a member of an internet discussion forum .Internet discussion forums can't exist unless contributors play their part by proposing claims, and devices for extending ideas. There is a difference between obstructions on the one hand and devices for extending ideas on the other. At some point you, Age, should assert an idea which may be a specific objection , an extension of someone's idea, or an original idea of your own.
As you stand you seem either too timid to assert, or being obstructive is the only strategy you know .
i have never felt worthy of being listened to and heard, so there is probably more truth in the former than i have fully accepted.
Belinda wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:54 pm We try to draw you out but with no success to date.
I suggest just being more specific in the clarifying questions asked to me.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Age wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:17 pm
Age wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:40 pm

LOL I ASKED 'you', What were the words 'omniscience' and 'omnibenevolence', in the title of this thread, in relation to, EXACTLY, to you, YET you come back and respond with, Tell me what the words mean to you?

What does it MATTER what the words me TO me or even FOR me?

This is just an ATTEMPT at DISTRACTION from what WAS being DISCUSSED, previously.
You are a member of an internet discussion forum .Internet discussion forums can't exist unless contributors play their part by proposing claims, and devices for extending ideas. There is a difference between obstructions on the one hand and devices for extending ideas on the other. At some point you, Age, should assert an idea which may be a specific objection , an extension of someone's idea, or an original idea of your own.
As you stand you seem either too timid to assert, or being obstructive is the only strategy you know .
i have never felt worthy of being listened to and heard, so there is probably more truth in the former than i have fully accepted.
Belinda wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:54 pm We try to draw you out but with no success to date.
Do you trust democracy to deliver justice? Is a specific question.( Practice of democracy depends upon everybody asserting themselves.)

Post by Age »

Belinda wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:17 pm
Do you trust democracy to deliver justice?
No.

And, what 'justice' IS, EXACTLY, which FITS IN with what is ACTUALLY True and Right in Life, by the way, is NOT 'the justice' that most of 'you', adult human beings, in the days when this is being written, think 'justice' is.
Belinda wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:17 pm Is a specific question.( Practice of democracy depends upon everybody asserting themselves.)
Okay, if you say so.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Age wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:59 pm
Belinda wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:17 pm

Do you trust democracy to deliver justice?
No.

And, what 'justice' IS, EXACTLY, which FITS IN with what is ACTUALLY True and Right in Life, by the way, is NOT 'the justice' that most of 'you', adult human beings, in the days when this is being written, think 'justice' is.
Belinda wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:17 pm Is a specific question.( Practice of democracy depends upon everybody asserting themselves.)
Okay, if you say so.
Fear shows itself in several ways. Fear of asserting anything is very boring for everyone.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:43 pm I've never rejected the idea that there are some things that have to be taken holistically.

It's obvious that there are.

But I have rejected the absurd premise that holistic thinking is the total rule of everything, which is just as obviously false.
No it's not false, unless you personally authorise it as such.

“He who speaks on his own authority seeks his own glory, but He who seeks the glory of the One who sent Him is a man of truth; in Him there is no falsehood.”

It is really so simply evident that the core message from Jesus was one of recognition of nonduality, that through acting “in blood within the Grace of One” is human salvation, itself.

How this core message of Jesus is dubiously hidden to most all who consider themselves Christians within dogmatic ‘control and power tactics’ (‘scare tactics’) and the like is a true travesty - if there was sin, this would be it.

Absolutely shameful!!
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Belinda wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:17 pm Do you trust democracy to deliver justice? Is a specific question.( Practice of democracy depends upon everybody asserting themselves.)
Far more interesting question: Is mob justice a form of democracy?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:18 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:43 pm I've never rejected the idea that there are some things that have to be taken holistically.

It's obvious that there are.

But I have rejected the absurd premise that holistic thinking is the total rule of everything, which is just as obviously false.
No it's not false, unless you personally authorise it as such.
I am not the touchstone of truth, nor the certifier of what is false. Reality will do that job very nicely, regardless of where you think I am on that.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:00 pm I am not the touchstone of truth, nor the certifier of what is false. Reality will do that job very nicely, regardless of where you think I am on that.
Any reference to God, the Father is a statement of nonduality.

You are reality.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:11 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:00 pm I am not the touchstone of truth, nor the certifier of what is false. Reality will do that job very nicely, regardless of where you think I am on that.
You are reality.
Well, have it your way. Either way, "reality" is the stuff that pushes back against your imaginings and wishes. And on this, it contradicts you.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:17 pm And on this, it contradicts you.
And you too.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:17 pmI am not the touchstone of truth, nor the certifier of what is false.

And on this - I contradict myself.
:lol:
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:41 pm :lol:
Can't be bothered, DAM.