My Metaphysics

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Re: My Metaphysics

Post by Gary Childress »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:21 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:32 am I'm agnostic.
(*A person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God* )

So why do you keep piping on about a God you know nothing about? what's the point in that?

Why do you care what other people's belief's are as to the nature of what God is to them? when you must already know these other people are not you, and never will be you, nor can ever be you, because only you live your life, no one else does.

GC wrote: Then I tried religion only to learn that God belonged to others and wasn't mine.
So let it be, and do not give other people's God's your energy and time, that seems like a futile way to spend energy and time on, thinking about stuff that is none of your business anyway. This is what I cannot understand about you, why would you give time and energy to matters that are not even on or open to your private personal radar of knowledge.
GC wrote: As far as I can tell, God favors the arrogant, the successful, the intelligent, the humble, the penitent, and the worshipful.
Even though you are a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God. But you seem very keen to risk guessing something at what God could/might/ maybe/ would be according to your own definition of what you do not really know of God.

You must have two minds. In constant battle and tension with each other, no wonder you are so drained by life, you are sucking the very life force out of yourself, all by yourself.
Maybe it's a good thingif I suck the life force out of myself instead of someone else. Vampires want to live too, I suppose?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:44 pm
Maybe it's a good thingif I suck the life force out of myself instead of someone else. Vampires want to live too, I suppose?
Well as long as you recognise you are the vampire, and not some God or someone else. So you have no excuse to complain about the world and other peoples God's, your complaint will always be about you, to yourself, how very draining for you.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:54 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:44 pm
Well as long as you recognise you are the vampire, and not some God or someone else. So you have no excuse to complain about the world and other peoples God's, your complaint will always be about you, to yourself, how very draining for you.
If I am indeed someone who sucks life out, then my complaint to God would be that I don't wish to be that type of person, if that makes sense to you.

As far as recognizing that I am not "some God", that is pretty obvious to me that I'm not God.. It's a little insulting to me that someone feels they need to tell me that. I mean have you ever thought you were God? And if not, why would you think anyone else would believe something like that or has such a problem?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:16 pm
If I am indeed someone who sucks life out, then my complaint to God would be that I don't wish to be that type of person, if that makes sense to you.
But you know nothing of God's true and real nature...except what you are willing to risk knowing, by guessing, conjecture and pure personal opinionated speculation.

So why not just stick with what you do know, and that is who you are, who you tell yourself you are, and work on that, if you do not wish to be who you tell yourself you are, then stop telling yourself what you do not wish to be ....even a 5 year old will understand that.

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:16 pmAs far as recognizing that I am not "some God", that is pretty obvious to me that I'm not God.. It's a little insulting to me that someone feels they need to tell me that. I mean have you ever thought you were God? And if not, why would you think anyone else would believe something like that or has such a problem?
It wasn't ever said that you personally are 'some God'...you misread, it was stated you are obsessed with the idea of a God, a God you have no idea as to what is it's nature. . which is very confusing to other readers.

I said the vampire is you, and not 'some God vampire' sucking the life from you...you are sucking life from yourself, not some God you have no idea about or someone else...I did not say that you personally were 'some God' ok, and now you take my constructive criticism as a personal insult, why, ? because you seem to me to be suffering from a form of paranoia.

You are the one who insults yourself by constantly referring to a God or God's as if they were actually real to you, even as you adamantly state that you having no real or true knowledge of God's nature, and that you openly confess you know nothing about, but then proceed to believe that God or God's could possibly make your wish come true of not wanting to be the type of person you keep telling yourself you are.

You speak in very muddled ways.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:44 pm You speak in very muddled ways.
That makes two of us then, as far as I can tell.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Here Gary have a look at all these philosophical pessimists so u can better develop your own pessimism. Also, for two points, who's the only one on this list who isn't a wuss about it?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophical_pessimism
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

promethean75 wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:22 pm Here Gary have a look at all these philosophical pessimists so u can better develop your own pessimism. Also, for two points, who's the only one on this list who isn't a wuss about it?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophical_pessimism
What list? I don't see a list.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:18 pm
So be it.

No one cares.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:34 pm
So be it.

No one cares.
Thank goodness, it's about time!
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:38 pm

So be it.

No one cares.
There is no time, except what you invent. Just like everything else you invent like your mental illness.

In reality, there is nothing wrong with mental illness, everyone who is alive is infected by the I am a mental nut-case virus.

We're all terminally ill, we're all going to die of this terminal illness we call sentient life, it's ill fated. No one wins.

Living in the misery self, is addictive.

I fucking hate being alive.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:41 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:38 pm

So be it.

No one cares.
There is no time, except what you invent. Just like everything else you invent like your mental illness.

In reality, there is nothing wrong with mental illness, everyone who is alive is infected by the I am a mental nut-case virus.

We're all terminally ill, we're all going to die of this terminal illness we call sentient life, it's ill fated. No one wins.

Living in the misery self, is addictive.

I fucking hate being alive.
Thank goodness I had the good sense to die.

And that's what makes me a genius, and am now living my best life. Intelligence knows no bounds, it's deliriously awful and delightful all at once.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

👍
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

The 17th century guys forward into the post-schopenhauerean pessimism guys in 'development of pessimist thought'.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:19 pm👍
No one want's to hang out with a vampire, it's too draining for them. Keep your death to yourself, and muddle through eternity in private because there is no escape from it, for you or anything, just don't tell people this open secret, it'll scare them all away from you, they will want to detain you for your own sanity, as a mental health victim, they will not understand that you are perfectly ok with the idea of dying.

Or just ignore this muddled message, in favor of your own. There's always available a place of perfect peace, but no one want's to hang out there, hardly ever at all, these days, in the days when this was being written. ⛔
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:05 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:19 pm👍
No one want's to hang out with a vampire, it's too draining for them. Keep your death to yourself, and muddle through eternity in private because there is no escape from it, for you or anything, just don't tell people this open secret, it'll scare them all away from you, they will want to detain you for your own sanity, as a mental health victim, they will not understand that you are perfectly ok with the idea of dying.

Or just ignore this muddled message, in favor of your own. There's always available a place of perfect peace, but no one want's to hang out there, hardly ever at all, these days, in the days when this was being written. ⛔
☹️🙃👍