(Il)Literacy Problem in the West

What did you say? And what did you mean by it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Wizard22

Re: (Il)Literacy Problem in the West

Post by Wizard22 »

Harbal wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:06 pmI believe he has enough literacy to misunderstand just about any philosophy book.
Can you put down the funny papers for even a minute? Hypothetical question... everybody here knows that's asking to much from you.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Iwannaplato wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:30 pmAh, OK. If there'd been honesty in citation marks I might have got it. Cause that sure isn't honest without the citation marks.
Wonderful, progress
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:49 pm
FlashDangerpants wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:46 pmI'm right about you never having read a philosophy book aren't I?

You can't answer the question of whether I am also right that you lack the literacy to succeed if you attempted to read one. But I am right on that count too.
You're right to take Xanax and Antipsychotics. You're wrong about the dosage though; you obviously need double.
I'm still right about you never having read a philosophy book, aren't I?
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:54 pmI'm still right about you never having read a philosophy book, aren't I?
Given how medicated you are, it's difficult for you to be right about anything.

I honestly sympathize for you. When did your mother start feeding you Ritalin? Age 5 perhaps?
FlashDangerpants

Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:01 pm
FlashDangerpants wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:54 pmI'm still right about you never having read a philosophy book, aren't I?

I honestly sympathize for you. When did your mother start feeding you Ritalin? Age 5 perhaps?
You can't name a work of philosophy that you've read though, can you?
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:38 pmYou can't name a work of philosophy that you've read though, can you?
But what you CAN do, is list off half the pharmaceutical manufacturers in your medicine cabinet.
FlashDangerpants

Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:43 pm
FlashDangerpants wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:38 pmYou can't name a work of philosophy that you've read though, can you?
But what you CAN do, is list off half the pharmaceutical manufacturers in your medicine cabinet.
There are none, I haven't had any medicine of any sort since about 5 years ago when I had some eye drops. I didn't even get a Covid vax because I really hate needles.

Now you, name a philosophy book you have read.

Post by Age »

Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:46 pm
Age wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:20 pmSo, to you it is 'more wise' to be CLOSED, and HOLD ONTO your CHOSEN BELIEFS, right?

Also, are you even aware that absolutely NO one NEEDS to choose ANY belief, let alone ANY 'set of beliefs'?

And, you have SHOWN that you have CHOSEN to NOT even argue for your OWN BELIEFS here. But this might just be because you do NOT YET even KNOW HOW TO.
How old are you? 14? 28? When you're older, you might understand someday... maybe. You're still just a child.
So, you ASKED how old i am, and even ASK if i am 28, then yet then TELL us that i am 'just a child'.

Are you even AWARE of what you SAY and DO here?

By the way, ONCE AGAIN, you NEVER ANSWERED ANY of my QUESTIONS here. Now WHY is this?

Also, what is 'it', EXACTLY, that you think or imagine I, might, someday, UNDERSTAND?
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:46 pm
Age wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:36 pm
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:34 am
Yes I did. I made this thread about Illiteracy, demonstrating two clear, concise, and consistent points 1) being able to read and write, repeat Verbatim, and 2) surmising, understanding, accepting or rejecting Intent.
This is what you DID. But what IS 'the intention' BEHIND DOING 'this'?

Do you even KNOW what the DIFFERENCE IS between 'ACTUAL intention' FROM 'just doing'?
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:34 am Then you came into the thread with your challenge. Then you said "I have no belief" (meaning, you have no belief in an infinite Universe). Then I responded that I do, personally, have that belief. Then I demonstrated your devious intention, which was not to proclaim your original belief through argument (Infinite Universe), but rather to argue for the sake of arguing.
LOL
LOL
LOL

you have COMPLETELY and UTTERLY MISSED what I WAS and AM DOING here.

Thus YOUR 'literacy skills' are NOT that good AT ALL, REALLY.

I will, ONCE AGAIN, suggest that you SEEK and GAIN CLARITY BEFORE you ASSUME absolutely ANY 'thing'. That way you could NEVER be Wrong.

I have NO devious intention AT ALL. Contrary to your OWN BELIEFS here. So, you NEVER 'demonstrated' ANY such 'thing'. you just expressed your OWN ASSUMPTIONS and BELIEFS, ONLY.
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:34 am So your intent was exposed (as false or a lie).
LOL Even though I ALREADY TOLD you the above PREVIOUSLY you are STILL NOT LISTENING, and thus WHY you are STILL NOT COMPREHENDING and UNDERSTANDING.

Therefore, your 'literacy skills' are getting WORSE as we move along here.
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:34 am My intent was never hidden.
So, WHAT WAS YOUR 'intent' here?

WHY will you NOT just ANSWER this question?
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:34 am Because my points are consistent from the start of this thread, to now, and to its end.
In other words you have ABSOLUTELY NO 'intention' of becoming OPEN to being Wrong, NOR to just being OPEN to CHANGE.

Consistently HOLDING ONTO what you currently BELIEVE is true does NOT mean that 'your points' are ACTUALLY 'consistent' with the ACTUAL and IRREFUTABLE Truth of 'things'
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:34 am I do actually believe the Universe is Infinite, without Beginning nor End.
We KNOW this ALREADY. Especially considering the Fact that you have TOLD us this ALREADY.

What we are WAITING FOR is for you to ANSWER my CLARIFYING QUESTION posed TO you regarding this BELIEF of YOURS here.
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:34 am So, you're simply wrong.
In regards to 'what', EXACTLY?

AND, why will you NOT answer ALL of my CLARIFYING QUESTIONS here?
I already told you once. I'm not going to repeat myself.
LOL

Here we have ANOTHER one who MAKES 'this CLAIM'.

Post by Age »

Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:01 pm

Just NOT answering a question can be a HUGE SIGN that you REALLY ARE HIDING some 'thing'?

AND, resorting to THE WAY you reply, like for example here in this reply, is a FURTHER SIGN that you REALLY DO have some 'thing' TO HIDE.

Post by Age »

Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:43 pm
AGAIN, 'TRYING TO HIDE' with DEFLECTION and DECEPTION is NOT helping 'you' AT ALL here "wizard22".
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:46 pmThere are none, I haven't had any medicine of any sort since about 5 years ago when I had some eye drops. I didn't even get a Covid vax because I really hate needles.

George Berkeley, Treatise Concerning the Principles of Human Knowledge
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Age wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:19 amSo, you ASKED how old i am, and even ASK if i am 28, then yet then TELL us that i am 'just a child'.

Are you even AWARE of what you SAY and DO here?

By the way, ONCE AGAIN, you NEVER ANSWERED ANY of my QUESTIONS here. Now WHY is this?

Also, what is 'it', EXACTLY, that you think or imagine I, might, someday, UNDERSTAND?
Because I have time constraints. I can't answer all questions, all the time. Sometimes I focus on what's most relevant to my threads and OP.

I ask your age, because you signaled you don't understand the importance of close-mindedness. It's critical in life. Not everybody is privileged.
FlashDangerpants

Wizard22 wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:29 pm
FlashDangerpants wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:46 pmThere are none, I haven't had any medicine of any sort since about 5 years ago when I had some eye drops. I didn't even get a Covid vax because I really hate needles.

George Berkeley, Treatise Concerning the Principles of Human Knowledge
Interesting choice. What did you think of the primary logical move he does against Locke in that book?
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:45 pmInteresting choice. What did you think of the primary logical move he does against Locke in that book?
You should worry about your own illiteracy first.
FlashDangerpants

Wizard22 wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:01 pm
FlashDangerpants wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:45 pmInteresting choice. What did you think of the primary logical move he does against Locke in that book?
You should worry about your own illiteracy first.
I can usefully discuss the contents of a large number of philosophical works, so there has never been any concern about my literacy. After much prompting you finally named one such book, now let's see how literate you are? There's a big main argument to that book, so it should be fairly straight forward, even if you are lying about having read it, to come up with something.