So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: You never happened.

Post by Dontaskme »

jayjacobus wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:05 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:57 pm
jayjacobus wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:32 pm

The mirror may say, "Ridiculous" but aren't I misstating something? I picked only one of your points but my comment would be the same for almost everything you posted.
Stuff is happening but no one is doing it. No thing is making stuff happen, nor is there any thing stopping stuff happening. Emergence proceeds and consciousness is aware. If you think you are the person (image) in the mirror then that's just the imageless mirror mistaking it's own empty mirror image (reflection) to be who it really is, by identifying with the image as itself. It's an illusory separation where there is none.. in truth you are the mirror inseparably one with itself always, there is no division there.

Wake up to who you really are. The unawake person, the person that doesn't know what's going on believes that the human person exists. The reality is, the body exists, the thoughts exist, the memories exist and that is consciousness and that is all there is.

"The Difference Between Affective and Effective. ... Affective describes something that has been influenced by emotions, is a result of emotions, or expresses emotion. Effective describes something that produces a desired result. Effective comes from the noun effect, which means result."

It doesn't seem to me you are thinking either way.
There is no thinker. There is awareness of thought, knowing each thought as and when the thought arises in absolute awareness.

Nothing I say / speak of is Absolute.

There is a feeling and a knowing. An inescapable falling away of untruth. If you think you know it then you don't. When you know it, you do. And when you do know it, no one can take it away from you.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

"The Difference Between Affective and Effective. ... Affective describes something that has been influenced by emotions, is a result of emotions, or expresses emotion. Effective describes something that produces a desired result. Effective comes from the noun effect, which means result."

The noun effect what ever that is is an appearance within verb awareness. When awareness unborn(verb) knows sensation, consciousness is born (noun)

As consciousness you are more aware of the feelings of the body, physically and emotionally. You don't feel these things but you are aware of them because there is no division between them and consciousness.

jayjacobus

Post by jayjacobus »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:20 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:57 pm
Stuff is happening but no one is doing it. No thing is making stuff happen, nor is there any thing stopping stuff happening. Emergence proceeds and consciousness is aware. If you think you are the person (image) in the mirror then that's just the imageless mirror mistaking it's own empty mirror image (reflection) to be who it really is, by identifying with the image as itself. It's an illusory separation where there is none.. in truth you are the mirror inseparably one with itself always, there is no division there.

Wake up to who you really are. The unawake person, the person that doesn't know what's going on believes that the human person exists. The reality is, the body exists, the thoughts exist, the memories exist and that is consciousness and that is all there is.

It doesn't seem to me you are thinking either way.
There is no thinker. There is awareness of thought, knowing each thought as and when the thought arises in absolute awareness.

Nothing I say / speak of is Absolute.

There is a feeling and a knowing. An inescapable falling away of untruth. If you think you know it then you don't. When you know it, you do. And when you do know it, no one can take it away from you.

Perhps your meing will gro with every paing word or they may nevr meet again.
It's not for you to say.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Dontaskme wrote:
Where is René Descartes now then?

He said ... Cogito ergo sum. (I think; therefore I am.) He found that he could not doubt that he himself existed, as he was the one doing the doubting in the first place.

So where is this ''himself'' existing now..where is he?

He lives on in Cartesian Geometry and will do as long as Mathematics is practiced.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

jayjacobus wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:35 pm It's not for you to say.
If you say so!
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Arising_uk wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:42 am
Dontaskme wrote:
Where is René Descartes now then?

He said ... Cogito ergo sum. (I think; therefore I am.) He found that he could not doubt that he himself existed, as he was the one doing the doubting in the first place.

So where is this ''himself'' existing now..where is he?

He lives on in Cartesian Geometry and will do as long as Mathematics is practiced.
That's right, nothing ever dies because nothing is ever born. Only the unborn can be born.

:D
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Dontaskme wrote:
That's right, nothing ever dies because nothing is ever born. Only the unborn can be born.

I'm amazed you've managed to get through life not encountering a dead body.

There are no 'unborn'.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Arising_uk wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:50 amI'm amazed you've managed to get through life not encountering a dead body.

There are no 'unborn'.
And I'm amazed you've managed to go through your entire life not realising death is just a known conceptual idea in your consciousness, and that concepts can't die because they are not actual living things that are alive. Saying a body is dead would be like saying a coffee-table is dead.

surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

I dont think death is a conceptual idea but I only regard it as a transition
That is a transition from consciousness to non consciousness and no more

We are only passing through this life that itself is just a transition
As everything is because it is always in a constant state of motion
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

surreptitious57 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:43 pm I dont think death is a conceptual idea but I only regard it as a transition

Nothing ever moved.

All you speak of is knowledge and knowledge is nothing more than mental contructs, conceptually known ideas.
Any thing known is an idea only.

Only the mind moves - not you.

Two men were arguing about a flag flapping in the wind. "It's the wind that is really moving," stated the first one. "No, it is the flag that is moving," contended the second. A Zen master, who happened to be walking by, overheard the debate and interrupted them. "Neither the flag nor the wind is moving," he said, "It is MIND that moves."
surreptitious57

Would there not still be movement if there was no mind to actually observe it ?
As would not the flag still be flapping and the wind still be blowing regardless ?
Last edited by surreptitious57 on Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayjacobus

Post by jayjacobus »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:40 pm
surreptitious57 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:43 pm I dont think death is a conceptual idea but I only regard it as a transition

Nothing ever moved.

All you speak of is knowledge and knowledge is nothing more than mental contructs, conceptually known ideas.
Any thing known is an idea only.

Only the mind moves - not you.

Two men were arguing about a flag flapping in the wind. "It's the wind that is really moving," stated the first one. "No, it is the flag that is moving," contended the second. A Zen master, who happened to be walking by, overheard the debate and interrupted them. "Neither the flag nor the wind is moving," he said, "It is MIND that moves."
"I think therefore I am." is a way of thinking but it is not the only way. The environs we experience seem to be real. "Seems to be" is not real, yet if what seems to be is confirmed by more than one of our senses, "seems to be" takes two steps toward real. If two people seem to say the same thing, then "seems to be" takes four steps toward real. Is the flapping flag ever real? Maybe not but for all practical purposes it is real.

"It is Mind that moves." isn't about the flag or what the flag seems to be. It changes the subject.
surreptitious57

surreptitious57 wrote:
As would not the flag still be flapping and the wind still be blowing regardless ?
When a tree falls in the forest but there is no one to hear it does it still make a sound ?
[ Yes it does because sound like many things exists as a mind independent phenomenon ]
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

surreptitious57 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:32 pm Would there not still be movement if there was no mind to actually observe it ?
No there wouldn't, how would the concept of movement be known? ...without a knower, what or where is the source of the known? can the thing that sees movement be seen?

The mind is not what thought thinks it is...it is the unmoved mover. The empty fullness.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

surreptitious57 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:08 pm
surreptitious57 wrote:
When a tree falls in the forest but there is no one to hear it does it still make a sound ?
[ Yes it does because sound like many things exists as a mind independent phenomenon ]
Only because sound is known.

But where is the knower? can that be known and by what?