Religion is Man- Made

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

jayjacobus

Re: Religion is Man- Made

Post by jayjacobus »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:14 pm
Belinda wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:06 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:58 pm
I never said humans know more. Or have more knowledge than animals. Humans can’t know what animals know, they can only know what they know.

I said humans can only know what they know with the knowledge that is available to them.

They cannot possibly know more than what they know. I’m not talking about the none- talking animals. Why do you keep bringing them into this discussion about human knowledge?

I’m particularly talking about claims such as knowledge of God… which is simply a false claim. Unless one is God.
DAM, you claimed:
There is no awareness of any awareness higher than human sentient awareness.
I am objecting to that claim because other centres of awareness, for instance the centre of awareness of a rat, may for all we can know be "higher" than that of a man.
But I’m not talking about rat awareness.

I’m talking about human awareness..we can’t know if there is any awareness higher than our own.
Why I’ve mentioned the word “ higher “ is because of the false claims made by religion freaks who claim the bible is not man- made, rather they claim it’s from a higher power, namely God.

And I’m saying that’s bullshit, for there’s no knowledge of any awareness that is higher than basic human knowledge. In other words, the bible was not from a higher place, it was from the awareness of man.

I’m not saying human awareness is the highest..I’m saying we cannot know if there is any higher awareness outside of our own awareness.

You’ve obviously mistakenly thought I meant human awareness was the highest, but I’m not saying that if you read carefully.

Is there an awareness higher than human awareness? We simply cannot know that.
People are not attentive to everything going on around them. A higher awareness would need to be the domain of many entities, not just one. Each entity would need to focus on different events and objects. Rats as a group of animals may be more attentive than a group of humans.

But on a ship each crew member is paying attention to his assigned tasks allowing the captain to pay attention to his/her tasks (or sleep peacefully).
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

jayjacobus wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:55 am
People are not attentive to everything going on around them. A higher awareness would need to be the domain of many entities, not just one. Each entity would need to focus on different events and objects. Rats as a group of animals may be more attentive than a group of humans.

But on a ship each crew member is paying attention to his assigned tasks allowing the captain to pay attention to his/her tasks (or sleep peacefully).
This is not about ''Human Attentiveness''

It's about the religious minded idea there is a divine entity called God who throws people in the lake of fire, because according to belief, God has the power to do what ever since it is the creator.

Now there can be only one logical interpretation about a God...and it's either we are God or God is we, and that nothing can be known of anything that lies beyond all our human direct experiences.

Due to the dual nature of language we are able to transcend both our false personal identity and causation, and see the subject and object divide as an illusion. So as far as we know, our consciousness will become the only one we can know. Language that is from the mind is able separate consciousness into a subject and object by name, symbolically speaking.

In other words, God came from our conceptual language, and is nothing but an idea we have imagined..if humans had never learnt to talk symbolically, what the heck is God.

Where was God for the 165 million of years dinosaurs roamed the earth. How come God only showed up with human language, nothing about God makes any rational sense.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:14 pm
Belinda wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:06 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:58 pm
I never said humans know more. Or have more knowledge than animals. Humans can’t know what animals know, they can only know what they know.

I said humans can only know what they know with the knowledge that is available to them.

They cannot possibly know more than what they know. I’m not talking about the none- talking animals. Why do you keep bringing them into this discussion about human knowledge?

I’m particularly talking about claims such as knowledge of God… which is simply a false claim. Unless one is God.
DAM, you claimed:
There is no awareness of any awareness higher than human sentient awareness.
I am objecting to that claim because other centres of awareness, for instance the centre of awareness of a rat, may for all we can know be "higher" than that of a man.
But I’m not talking about rat awareness.

I’m talking about human awareness..we can’t know if there is any awareness higher than our own.
Why I’ve mentioned the word “ higher “ is because of the false claims made by religion freaks who claim the bible is not man- made, rather they claim it’s from a higher power, namely God.

And I’m saying that’s bullshit, for there’s no knowledge of any awareness that is higher than basic human knowledge. In other words, the bible was not from a higher place, it was from the awareness of man.

I’m not saying human awareness is the highest..I’m saying we cannot know if there is any higher awareness outside of our own awareness.

You’ve obviously mistakenly thought I meant human awareness was the highest, but I’m not saying that if you read carefully.

Is there an awareness higher than human awareness? We simply cannot know that.
(Belinda's underline)

Thank goodness DAM you have cleared that up!
jayjacobus

Post by jayjacobus »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:54 am

It's about the religious minded idea there is a divine entity called God who throws people in the lake of fire, because according to belief, God has the power to do what ever since it is the creator.

Now there can be only one logical interpretation about a God...and it's either we are God or God is we, and that nothing can be known of anything that lies beyond all our human direct experiences.

Due to the dual nature of language we are able to transcend both our false personal identity and causation, and see the subject and object divide as an illusion. So as far as we know, our consciousness will become the only one we can know. Language that is from the mind is able separate consciousness into a subject and object by name, symbolically speaking.

In other words, God came from our conceptual language, and is nothing but an idea we have imagined..if humans had never learnt to talk symbolically, what the heck is God.

Where was God for the 165 million of years dinosaurs roamed the earth. How come God only showed up with human language, nothing about God makes any rational sense.
It is confusing and you seem to be confused. Does a long wandering post demonstrate that you are lucid? Not in my mind.
Last edited by jayjacobus on Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

jayjacobus wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:42 pm
It is confusing and you seem to be confused. Does a long wandering post demonstrate that you are lucid. Not in my mind.
Your responses have absolutely nothing to do with the thread topic/theme.

Stop confusing it. Stay on topic or leave.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:43 am
(Belinda's underline)

Thank goodness DAM you have cleared that up!
No problem.

It's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it. :D
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

jayjacobus wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:42 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:54 am

It is confusing and you seem to be confused. Does a long wandering post demonstrate that you are lucid? Not in my mind.
Lucidity is a relative quality. DAM is no Shakespeare but you can maybe glean a useful idea.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

It really is a travesty that religions have evolved into what they are. Groups of people following the limited notions of those who claim to "know" or to be "chosen", and many followers willingly (and lazily and fearfully) subscribing to group-mentality which can be directed in all kinds of distorted and foolish ways. Many identifying as "wretches" who must be bossed around like children and told what to do, how to think, what to pay, how to vote, etc. Honestly, why would any god want (and dote on) such foolishly impressionable and irresponsible creations?

A god would surely not create nor need such self-absorbed nonsense. Rather, such is a manmade creation for manmade purposes -- and I think it obscures/distorts the divine more than revealing it.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Buffoonery Baboonery, the art of all human Lunacy, who refuse to accept who they really, actually, are. Religious folk are in denial of their original nature.

I am speaking about the resilience and tenacity with which the sense of self sustains it's illusion of autonomy.

The self is the cause and result of conceptual confusion.It is the cause of all Hoo,hoo,hoo hooo,man suffering.

Baboons Vocalizations Hint at Origins of Human Speech. ( Scientific evidence proves) https://www.livescience.com/57486-baboo ... peech.html

ImageImage
Last edited by Dontaskme on Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Lacewing wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:24 pm It really is a travesty that religions have evolved into what they are. Groups of people following the limited notions of those who claim to "know" or to be "chosen", and many followers willingly (and lazily and fearfully) subscribing to group-mentality which can be directed in all kinds of distorted and foolish ways. Many identifying as "wretches" who must be bossed around like children and told what to do, how to think, what to pay, how to vote, etc. Honestly, why would any god want (and dote on) such foolishly impressionable and irresponsible creations?

A god would surely not create nor need such self-absorbed nonsense. Rather, such is a manmade creation for manmade purposes -- and I think it obscures/distorts the divine more than revealing it.
What you describe is religions that have become politicised. Individuals such as Martin Luther , and Jesus of Nazareth, have been rather angry with politicisers of religion.