The Most Important Philosophers of Our Time...

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Bill Wiltrack

Re: The Most Important Philosophers of Our Time...

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Now that I have emerged as the unwilling leader of sorts upon this forum
use me to cut away the the chains that bind you.

Challenge me. Deny me. Attack my words, and then, rest...Understand, in the words of the late, great Martin Luther King, Jr., Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

Give it time.

You will understand.

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

You will understand.
An imperative? A command? Wishful thinking?

To understand your words you'd have to write some but instead you mainly post images. Now is this a truthful way of expressing ones thoughts? As in the reality you yak about this is not the way one can communicate ones thoughts, in reality you'd have to talk. Its an affectation allowed by this modern medium and it reveals ones subconcious rather than ones conscious thoughts, and in my opinion is a lazy way of thinking or just politics.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Let's give it some time...

I will be here.

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

As will I.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Maybe. But maybe people should take their own pictures and sing their own songs.
RickLewis

Post by RickLewis »

Don't make me sing. You wouldn't like me when I sing. :(
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

The word philosophy comes from the Greek φιλοσοφία (philosophia), which literally means love of wisdom.

I know of no better example of the display of the pure love of wisdom than the Philosophy Now Forum.

From Wikipedia:
In Ancient Greece, the sophists were a category of teachers who specialized in using the tools of philosophy and rhetoric for the purpose of teaching aretê — excellence, or virtue. For those Hellenistic
Greeks Sophia was the personification of wisdom.

Throughout the history of man lovers of wisdom emerge through all walks of life to seek nothing more than the gaze of Sophia.

True philosophers must continually touch the moment, sense their reality, and interpret what they think and feel. Today's media demands distilled thought the type of thoughts or post that are found on the Philosophy Now Forum.

True philosophers must test their perceptions, thoughts, and theories. There is no better testing ground than the most legitimate philosophy forum on the planet; the Philosophy Now Forum.

Today there is no better published example and definition of the word philosopher above that of the active members of the Philosophy Now Forum.

Each and every active member, to varying degrees literates their perception of the love of wisdom for our entire humanity to see. And we do it, collectively, solely, for the love of wisdom.

We bow our head to no one. Spit your best and back it up. No one here is a face, we are just a manifested spirit.

Each verbalization is an untruth. Yet untruth, when understood, can be used as a tool, a tool to point to a greater truth. Each greater truth unlocking a new perception, each perception tested, toned & tooled.

We don't publish our love of wisdom for money. Fortune or fame is not our goal. What is happening now at the Philosophy Now Forum has never happened within the history of man. This happening is beyond unusual.

The Philosophy Now Forum is an intellectual snapshot taken by a naked spirit.

Our forum is virtually limitless.
The audience we post to is mankind, the entirety of mankind. There is no entrance fee. But this site comes with a price. You leave your accolades, degrees, and pride at the door.

We speak to the audience of mankind.

The Philosophy Now Forum is the personification of modern philosophers expressing the most important philosophies that mankind has ever heard. Free. Everyday. Without question or pretense.

Just philosophy; pure, unadulterated philosophy.

....................................................Image

............................................................Sophia speaks through man.

Sophia speaks unchained. Sophia speaks just as easily through the alcoholic as through the academic.

In most cases, in my opinion, the alcoholic is more honest and more easily understood.

..........A drink to Sophia at the most important forum on earth!

.................................................Salute!

..................................................And sing!

............................................Sing Sophia! Sing!

Allow us to be your innocent vectors of truth...

Long live The Most Important Philosophers of Our Time...here at the Philosophy Now Forums.

*Edited once to add Wikipedia as a source.
Last edited by Bill Wiltrack on Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John

Post by John »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:In most cases, in my opinion, the alcoholic is more honest and more easily understood.
This probably explains a lot.

And if you're going to cut and paste sentences from Wikipedia shouldn't you at least give credit?
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

Excellent point!

Done.

That does add to my post. Thank you.

.............................Image

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

RickLewis wrote:Don't make me sing. You wouldn't like me when I sing. :(
Let me guess, "Hunka Hunka burnin' love..." :)
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

..............................................Image

Who is known as The Most Important Philosophers of Our Time...The Smartest Philosopher of all time and yet Never Wrote a Philosophical Text has much in common with The Most Important Philosophers of Our Time...

Who is known as one of the Fathers of Western Philosophy would be right at home here at the Most Important Philosophical Forum mankind has ever known, The Philosophy Now Forum.

We, active members here at The Philosophy Now Forums, perhaps even unknowingly, carry the new mantel of the most important Philosophers of Our Time; the new Fathers of Western Philosophy.

Who here does not transverse and adhere to these simple edicts?

• By means of beauty all beautiful things become beautiful.
  • False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul with evil.
  • In every one of us there are two ruling and directing principles, whose guidance we follow wherever they may lead; the one being an innate desire of pleasure; the other, an acquired judgment which aspires after excellence.
  • Let all my external possessions be in friendly harmony with what is within. May I consider the wise man rich. As for gold, let me have as much as a moderate man could bear and carry with him.
  • As for me, all I know is that I know nothing.
  • I appear to be wiser than he, because I do not fancy I know what I do not know.
[/size]

We must humbly work to understand ourselves, to examine our lives for we are truly The Most Important Philosophers of Our Time... Posting upon the most important philosophical forum in the history of man, The Philosophy Now Forums.

Let our beauty within become beautiful.

.......................................Image

We are the modern day Galileo Galilei.

John

Post by John »

Bill Wiltrack wrote:We, active members here at The Philosophy Now Forums, perhaps even unknowingly, carry the new mantel of the most important Philosophers of Our Time; the new Fathers of Western Philosophy.
Honestly Bill, you don't half write the most hyperbolic nonsense at times.
Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

We, active members here at The Philosophy Now Forums, perhaps even unknowingly, carry the new mantel of the most important Philosophers of Our Time; the new Fathers of Western Philosophy.

I'll stand with that and everything else I have ever said that supports and nourishes all members here at The Philosophy Now Forums.

It's not blood-in/blood-out girlfriend.

The door here is just a mouse-click away and I hear there are a few million other sites you can visit...

Cutting the membership down here is not helping anything.

And, believe me, it doesn't make you look better.

John

Post by John »

Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere (not in the longer term anyway, I'm actually going on holiday tomorrow but you get the point).