A loser is a loser is a loser.

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: A loser is a loser is a loser.

Post by Walker »

attofishpi wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:16 am
For example and in a similar vein:-

Why did God give women legs?

So that they can walk between the kitchen, the laundry and the bedroom without leaving a snail trail.
Get Your Biscuits in the Oven and Your Buns in the Bed.

(Who wouldn't want to hear that song?)
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

Age wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:43 am
Agent Smith wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:00 am
Age wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:58 am

BUT IF 'you' were being Truly OPEN and Honest here, then WHY would I NOT trust you?

And, what IS the ACTUAL DIFFERENCE between talking to 'you' and talking to 'God' when FROM WITHIN 'you' ABSOLUTE Honesty and OPENNESS is being SPOKEN?
Don't look at me, bruh! I'm not the one drinkin' imported wine :lol:
Just so you are aware I have absolutely NO idea NOR clue what this is MEANING nor REFERRING TO.
I'm responding intuitively.

Post by Age »

Agent Smith wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:55 am
Agent Smith wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:00 am

Don't look at me, bruh! I'm not the one drinkin' imported wine :lol:
Just so you are aware I have absolutely NO idea NOR clue what this is MEANING nor REFERRING TO.
What is the difference between that way and other ways?

And what are the other ways, EXACTLY?
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

Age wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:51 am
Agent Smith wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:55 am

What is the difference between that way and other ways?

And what are the other ways, EXACTLY?
This is not a good move mon ami. 😄
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Walker wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:51 am
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:46 am I'm negative. I'm resentful. I'm bitter. I'm fed up with other people and I'm fed up with God's world. Now what?
I am ... I am ... I am ... I am ... Now what?
Gary, this does not illustrate e-prime.

Answer to the question: Write something that does illustrate e-prime.

Loosed losers with loose lips sink ships.
I have negativity, I have resentment, I have bitterness, other people aggravate me and God's world aggravates me. Now what?

Does that help?
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

see this is exactly how christianity makes a man mental. first they tell the young gary that god exists and does everything on purpose. Gary's then growing up and instead of observing a magical world of happiness, all he sees are gross injustices and obscene amounts of suffering. Gary's now confused... and to make things worse, his job sucks, he doesn't have much luck with the ladies and he's striken with a minor bipolar disorder which is probably bullshit and the real reason he's a basket case is becuz of that godforsaken christianity! how's that grab your ass?

that stuff is literally making gary a psycho cuz now he thinks there's a god out to get em. see what i mean? this is just fucking bananas.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:27 pm I have negativity, I have resentment, I have bitterness, other people aggravate me and God's world aggravates me. Now what?

Does that help?
You took a step into the e-prime realm, which requires no secret handshakes but does require you to offer the alms of sincerity to the effort, alms formed by purification that as a principle often get codified into formal, manifest rituals and trials according to the tradition. From now on, take the energy required to maintain all that having, and use it to compose postings in e-prime. The action will rewire your brain to build your spirit in real time rather than crushing it.

That might help, you.

Maintaining all those haves keeps the mind busy twiddling its thumbs. Sucks up the energy and attention. Every possession carries with it a responsibility to maintain that possession because you crave permanence. Whatever you possess, possesses you, and in the case of being possessed by the body even defines you.

Tossing or losing the baggage of such Having Attachments, which like a contaigon appropriates voice energy to declare their existence, accounts for Ananda.

Thus, the case for renunciation. For Being, a literal loser.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:27 pm
Walker wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:51 am
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:46 am I'm negative. I'm resentful. I'm bitter. I'm fed up with other people and I'm fed up with God's world. Now what?
I am ... I am ... I am ... I am ... Now what?
Gary, this does not illustrate e-prime.

Answer to the question: Write something that does illustrate e-prime.

Loosed losers with loose lips sink ships.
I have negativity, I have resentment, I have bitterness, other people aggravate me and God's world aggravates me. Now what?

Does that help?
That describes the psyche of the best stand-up comedians.

Did you know Rodney Dangerfield had clinical depression that sometimes landed him in the hospital?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

promethean75 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:48 pm see this is exactly how christianity makes a man mental. first they tell the young gary that god exists and does everything on purpose. Gary's then growing up and instead of observing a magical world of happiness, all he sees are gross injustices and obscene amounts of suffering. Gary's now confused... and to make things worse, his job sucks, he doesn't have much luck with the ladies and he's striken with a minor bipolar disorder which is probably bullshit and the real reason he's a basket case is becuz of that godforsaken christianity! how's that grab your ass?

that stuff is literally making gary a psycho cuz now he thinks there's a god out to get em. see what i mean? this is just fucking bananas.
True. I was an agnostic for a long time and only recently tried Christianity. My love interest is a Catholic and got me interested in Christianity. Since I tried Christianity I have mostly felt unworthy, and unacceptable. Agnosticism was much less turbulent for me. I've gone back to that route and am feeling much better and more at peace with things the past week or so.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

TRUE!!???? - you are being an idiot again Gazza.
promethean75 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:48 pm see this is exactly how christianity makes a man mental. first they tell the young gary that god exists and does everything on purpose.
Seriously, where the fuck do you get this shit from? God DOES EVERYTHING?

promethean75 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:48 pmGary's then growing up and instead of observing a magical world of happiness, all he sees are gross injustices and obscene amounts of suffering. Gary's now confused...
..well Gary shouldn't be confused. Gary should real eyes that humans on the whole are fuckwits.

promethean75 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:48 pm..and to make things worse, his job sucks, he doesn't have much luck with the ladies and he's striken with a minor bipolar disorder which is probably bullshit and the real reason he's a basket case is becuz of that godforsaken christianity! how's that grab your ass?
WHAT!!? Is Gazza blaming Christianity? I didn't real eyes he was that stupid.

promethean75 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:48 pm..that stuff is literally making gary a psycho cuz now he thinks there's a god out to get em. see what i mean? this is just fucking bananas.
..YA, grow a rational brain.