Where is there a good God?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bahman

Re: Where is there a good God?

Post by bahman »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:09 pm
bahman wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:26 am I don't think that life after death is a transition from conscious to unconscious. They have to be conscious otherwise how my communication with them could make sense logically if they are not conscious.
So the dead according to you are conscious because you have contact with them, and must therefore be conscious not unconscious?
As I stated, our communication is coherent, exactly like you and me, so I expect that they are conscious.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:09 pm Even though previously you stated: ('' I cannot prove the life after death. We have to wait and see. '') and yet you already know they are conscious. So why the need for proof, if you already know? :?
Well, people say that I have schizophrenia, so my brain is malfunctioning one part deceiving me about what I experience.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:18 pm
bahman wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:29 am Yes, I visited several psychiatrists. They gave me all sorts of drugs, electric shock, ... but none of these helped.
Why did you visit a psychiatrist?
I have a high level of depression, I was suicidal, and not all part of my experience was good (I was tortured sometimes). So I thought that maybe a doctor could help me. Now I am doing good, constantly in a state of peace, but I still have spiritual experiences.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:18 pm Was it because you maybe were in doubt as to whether you really were talking with dead people?
No, it was not because of my doubt but because not my experiences were pleasant.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:18 pm Why did you take the drugs, the electric shocks that didn't help you?
I thought it could help me.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:18 pm And what do you mean by help you? What did you need help for? if you already know that dead people are conscious and you can contact them?
I already mentioned why I need the help.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

bahman wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:51 pm
As I stated, our communication is coherent, exactly like you and me, so I expect that they are conscious.
Ok, fair enough.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:09 pm Even though previously you stated: ('' I cannot prove the life after death. We have to wait and see. '') and yet you already know they are conscious. So why the need for proof, if you already know? :?
bahman wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:51 pmWell, people say that I have schizophrenia, so my brain is malfunctioning one part deceiving me about what I experience.
Fair enough then.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

bahman wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:17 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:18 pm
bahman wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:29 am Yes, I visited several psychiatrists. They gave me all sorts of drugs, electric shock, ... but none of these helped.
Why did you visit a psychiatrist?
I have a high level of depression, I was suicidal, and not all part of my experience was good (I was tortured sometimes). So I thought that maybe a doctor could help me. Now I am doing good, constantly in a state of peace, but I still have spiritual experiences.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:18 pm Was it because you maybe were in doubt as to whether you really were talking with dead people?
No, it was not because of my doubt but because not my experiences were pleasant.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:18 pm Why did you take the drugs, the electric shocks that didn't help you?
I thought it could help me.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:18 pm And what do you mean by help you? What did you need help for? if you already know that dead people are conscious and you can contact them?
I already mentioned why I need the help.
Ok, fair enough.

You are what you are, and you'll see what you see, nothing can refute that. Your personal brain is a unique never to be repeated organism.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

bahman wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:44 pm
What if the God (the creator) is neutral (both good and evil)?
Maybe, and most probably.

“Nature does nothing in vain, and so whatever is, is for the sake of something else.” - Marcus Aurelius.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

bahman wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:52 pmWhat if you are wrong and there is a life after death?
Sculptor wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:55 pm So what?
WHo cares?
What difference would it make?
bahman wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:52 pm The difference it makes is that your claim, that life is fatal, then turns false.
That's true actually, but only in the here and now in this immediate conscious knowing.

The difference it makes is that your claim, that life is fatal, then turns false.
“this sentence is false,” if true, is false, and if false, is true.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:42 am
bahman wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:52 pm The difference it makes is that your claim, that life is fatal, then turns false.
That's true actually, but only in the here and now in this immediate conscious knowing.

I have to say so what?
If there is some sort of crazy consciousness after my death I cannot see why I should let that change the way I live my life.
The idea seems to crazy. But like people that think the earth is flat, I'd rather not do the equivalent of shying away from air travel just to protect the silliness of the belief.

The afterlife has no bearing on anything.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:57 am

I have to say so what?
If there is some sort of crazy consciousness after my death I cannot see why I should let that change the way I live my life.
The idea seems to crazy. But like people that think the earth is flat, I'd rather not do the equivalent of shying away from air travel just to protect the silliness of the belief.

You know nothing of after death.

Just as you knew nothing of before birth.

There is no knowledge of before or after now, there is only now, this immediate eternal now, where every conceivable experience is possible to happen...including awareness of brain states, no matter how they appear to knowing.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:08 am

I have to say so what?

There is no knowledge of before or after now, there is only now, this immediate eternal now, where every conceivable experience is possible to happen...including awareness of brain states, no matter how they appear to knowing.
... and I have every right to thinking that the nothingness of before is the same as the nothingness of after.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:17 pm

I have to say so what?

... and I have every right to thinking that the nothingness of before is the same as the nothingness of after.
You know nothing.

Nothing knows.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:33 pm
Sculptor wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:17 pm

You know nothing.

Nothing knows.
"Nothing knows" is meaningless.
And no, I do know something.

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:52 pm
Sculptor wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:46 pm
bahman wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:44 pm
Life is not a death sentence. It is not lonely either.

What if the God (the creator) is neutral (both good and evil)?
Life is a death sentence.
Life is a sexually transimtted condition which is always fatal.
What if you are wrong and there is a life after death?
OF COURSE there IS 'life' AFTER 'death'. This is JUST IRREFUTABLE.

There is ALWAYS A CONTINUAL RECURRENCE of 'life' AND 'death', HERE-NOW, IN this One and ONLY, eternal, Universe.
Sculptor wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:46 pm What's the point of a neutral god?
What does it do?
God does both good and evil.
Sculptor wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:46 pm What is it for?
Without God, there would be nothing.
'This' is like CLAIMING, without bread there is NO bread.
Sculptor wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:46 pm How can it be god and neutral. If it creates then it cannot be neutral.
By neutral I mean that God does both good and evil.
But God, Itself, NEVER does 'evil' 'things'. ONLY 'you', adult human beings, do 'evil' 'things'.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:53 pm

Life is a death sentence.
Life is a sexually transimtted condition which is always fatal.
What if you are wrong and there is a life after death?
OF COURSE there IS 'life' AFTER 'death'. This is JUST IRREFUTABLE.
Do you have any proof? Where is it?
Age wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:53 pm There is ALWAYS A CONTINUAL RECURRENCE of 'life' AND 'death', HERE-NOW, IN this One and ONLY, eternal, Universe.
What do you mean?
Age wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:53 pm
Sculptor wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:46 pm What's the point of a neutral god?
What does it do?
God does both good and evil.
Sculptor wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:46 pm What is it for?
Without God, there would be nothing.
'This' is like CLAIMING, without bread there is NO bread.
That is not the case in the non-eternal universe.
Sculptor wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:46 pm How can it be god and neutral. If it creates then it cannot be neutral.
By neutral I mean that God does both good and evil.
But God, Itself, NEVER does 'evil' 'things'. ONLY 'you', adult human beings, do 'evil' 'things'.
So, how about earthquakes, tsunamis, hurricanes, etc.?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

bahman wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:16 pm So, how about earthquakes, tsunamis, hurricanes, etc.?

Or childhood cancer?

Snakes
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:07 pm
"Nothing knows" is meaningless.
And no, I do know something.
The claim to know something requires a knowledge of that something.
So yes, you do know nothing.

Sculptor wrote: “and I have every right to thinking that the nothingness of before is the same as the nothingness of after.”

So yes,not no, you do know nothing.