to grok god

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: to grok god

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:08 pm

I've already said that I don't really get all this dual, non-dual stuff, but it doesn't seem to be the case that Roy is in the non-dual camp.
Roy understands Advaita Vedanta to be the most undeniable irrefutable highest truth, the ABSOLUTE.

It's not something to be known by a ''someone'' you are that knowing. We cannot know the Absolute, we ARE the Absolute, and the only way we know we ARE is because this knowing is perfectly self-evident, requiring no further proof. It's it's own self-evident proof. Proof is in the pudding, in the direct experience of being which can never not be. You are NEVER NOT HERE
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:23 pm

Roy understands Advaita Vedanta to be the most undeniable irrefutable highest truth, the ABSOLUTE.

What is the concept of Advaita Vedanta?

Advaita Vedanta is a Hindu sādhanā, a path of spiritual discipline and experience, and the oldest extant tradition of the orthodox Hindu school Vedānta.

Classical Advaita Vedānta states that all reality and everything in the experienced world has its root in Brahman, which is unchanging Consciousness. To Advaitins, there is no duality between a Creator and the created universe.

So Roy is basically a Hindu, is he?
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:23 pm Roy understands Advaita Vedanta to be the most undeniable irrefutable highest truth, the ABSOLUTE.
Roy starting to sound a lot like Age tbh.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:30 pm This is expectation..it's all wrong...it's deluded thinking.

To say it's not something I would expect an enlightened person to say is absolute bollocks. It is totally everything that is wrong with the human mind and the way it thinks...and that is what Roy is trying to point out, and no one seems to get it.
You have no idea who I have met, what I have experienced, what I have done or who I am? As you asked Henry...how can you be sure that what I said was absolute bollocks, all wrong, deluded thinking?

And honestly, I am getting tired of reading your projections onto Roy, your idealization, then judging what we do against this ideal. Of course the idea of Roy in your head is perfect.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:12 pm Something Roy said in his videos clicked for me, it was like the missing piece of the puzzle. Roy showed me how to let go of my own personal need to cling to suffering. Roy showed me how I can accept it and allow it to be, because he said it's always going to be a part of sentient life within the universe, and there is nothing anyone can do to stop it from happening.
Recently you said he gave you the key to end suffering. And according to him, he is not suffering, at all.
Being in Nirvana is so misunderstood by what that actually means...and it does not mean that you have to be a 'Goody Two Shoes'' before you can qualify to be an enlightened being....that's just a stupid misconception of the state.
I'm not sure who you're talking to now. I never thought that.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:45 pm
And honestly, I am getting tired of reading your projections onto Roy, your idealization, then judging what we do against this ideal. Of course the idea of Roy in your head is perfect.

I'm tired of speaking to you too...to be fair...you simply have your way of seeing things, which I do not understand.

And I have my way, which is Roy's way also...I see what Roys sees...I have no idea what you are talking about. So we'll just leave it there I suppose. I'm tired of this too. Bye for now.

It's not personal, it's just getting silly, we either know what each other are talking about or we don't...with Roy, I know what he is talking about and that's all I have to say right now.
bobmax

Post by bobmax »

roydop wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:22 pm
FlashDangerpants wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:35 pm Excellent, Roydop is of course the greatest philosopher ever to live and Advocate is well known to also be the greatest philosopher to ever live.

Should we summon Age, so that the greatest philosopher ever to live can join in this conversation?
I am the greatest philosopher to ever live because my theory concludes/transcends philosophy. The theory results/merges into actual life experience rather than existing only in the head as neverending "blah blah blah."

Today I will abide in perfect peace and happiness and you will be in Samsara. In a year from now you will be even deeper into the hell that is developing exponentially and I will still be in Moksha.
Did you write this?

You are in full duality.
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote=Iwannaplato post_id=592699 time=1661835339 user_id=3619]
[quote=Advocate post_id=592673 time=1661809753 user_id=15238]
The path, the way, the road even. Not necessarily the light. You'll have to carry the light of reason with you to see the highway.
[/quote]
Do you mean 'turn on your headlights'?
[/quote]

ie critical thinking skills
Advocate

Re: to grok Roy

Post by Advocate »

I nominate that we start using Roy as a facetious synonym for god.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

bobmax wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:53 pm
roydop wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:22 pm
FlashDangerpants wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:35 pm Excellent, Roydop is of course the greatest philosopher ever to live and Advocate is well known to also be the greatest philosopher to ever live.

Should we summon Age, so that the greatest philosopher ever to live can join in this conversation?
I am the greatest philosopher to ever live because my theory concludes/transcends philosophy. The theory results/merges into actual life experience rather than existing only in the head as neverending "blah blah blah."

Today I will abide in perfect peace and happiness and you will be in Samsara. In a year from now you will be even deeper into the hell that is developing exponentially and I will still be in Moksha.
Did you write this?

You are in full duality.
If you have to ask, did you write this, then you are clueless. This all inclusive reality ( this it it) is unwritten, believe it or not...to question this, can only arise to the sense of separation where there is none. Many authors appear, but there is only one reader, reading writing no one ever writ.

So stick that in your crack pipe and smoke it.