True Story of the Day

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

promethean75

Re: True Story of the Day

Post by promethean75 »

keep reading tho. It wuz a hoax, maybe even a brilliant hoax, but fraudulent nonetheless.

"Inconsistencies in Hauser's account led the Ansbach court of enquiry to suspect that he had stabbed himself and then invented a tale about being attacked. The note in the purse that was found in the Court Garden contained a spelling error and a grammatical error, both of which were typical for Hauser"

"The note itself was folded into a specific triangular form, in the way in which Hauser would fold his letters, according to Mrs. Meyer. Forensic examiners agreed that the wound might indeed be self-inflicted."
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

promethean75 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:59 pm keep reading tho. It wuz a hoax, maybe even a brilliant hoax, but fraudulent nonetheless.

"Inconsistencies in Hauser's account led the Ansbach court of enquiry to suspect that he had stabbed himself and then invented a tale about being attacked. The note in the purse that was found in the Court Garden contained a spelling error and a grammatical error, both of which were typical for Hauser"

"The note itself was folded into a specific triangular form, in the way in which Hauser would fold his letters, according to Mrs. Meyer. Forensic examiners agreed that the wound might indeed be self-inflicted."
That's how he ended up. But how did it all begin?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

I haven't had my morning poo yet.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

I'm going to araldite a two dollar coin to the pavement in front of my house, and watch as the locals bow to their master. :mrgreen:
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"The English word barbecue and its cognates in other languages come from the Native-American Taino word barbacoa. Etymologists believe this to be derived from barabicu found in the language of the Arawak people of the Caribbean and the Timucua people of Florida; it has entered some European languages in the form of barbacoa."

"A popular item in North Carolina and Memphis is the pulled pork sandwich served on a bun and often topped with coleslaw. Pulled pork is prepared by shredding the pork after it has been barbecued."
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

promethean75 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:26 am "The English word barbecue and its cognates in other languages come from the Native-American Taino word barbacoa. Etymologists believe this to be derived from barabicu found in the language of the Arawak people of the Caribbean and the Timucua people of Florida; it has entered some European languages in the form of barbacoa."

"A popular item in North Carolina and Memphis is the pulled pork sandwich served on a bun and often topped with coleslaw. Pulled pork is prepared by shredding the pork after it has been barbecued."
Well, you learn something new everyday. I thought pulled pork was when the pig was refusing to step into the abattoir.
Last edited by attofishpi on Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

don't do this to me man. I told you I'd be a vegitarian if everybody else in the world agreed to be a vegetarian... but if not, I'm not gonna bother to stop eating meat cuz the same number of animals are going to be slaughtered daily even if i stop becuz everybody else is still eating it. see what i mean? like it wouldn't make any substantive difference if i stopped, plus bacon tastes good... pork chops taste good, so.

i mean if we're concerned about the animals and we wanna stop slaughtering them then godammit let's do it. but none of this 'you can stop if you want but I'm gonna keep eating it' namby pamby stuff.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Here's what Kant thinks.

"Kant derived a prohibition against cruelty to animals by arguing that such cruelty is a violation of a duty in relation to oneself. According to Kant, man has the imperfect duty to strengthen the feeling of compassion, since this feeling promotes morality in relation to other human beings. However, cruelty to animals deadens the feeling of compassion in man. Therefore, man is obliged not to treat animals brutally."

I see what he did there and it wasn't a bad idea. He's thinkin that violence in general involved in domestic animal cruelty and maybe livestock slaughter (was he a vegetarian?) would be impressionable and desensitize us to other kinds of violence. Problem is, everybody isn't slaughting animals and beating their dog everyday, so it's a vacuous point.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

promethean75 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:07 am Here's what Kant thinks.

"Kant derived a prohibition against cruelty to animals by arguing that such cruelty is a violation of a duty in relation to oneself. According to Kant, man has the imperfect duty to strengthen the feeling of compassion, since this feeling promotes morality in relation to other human beings. However, cruelty to animals deadens the feeling of compassion in man. Therefore, man is obliged not to treat animals brutally."

I see what he did there and it wasn't a bad idea. He's thinkin that violence in general involved in domestic animal cruelty and maybe livestock slaughter (was he a vegetarian?) would be impressionable and desensitize us to other kinds of violence. Problem is, everybody isn't slaughting animals and beating their dog everyday, so it's a vacuous point.
One does not need to be cruel to animals to eat them. (imo)
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

i always had my suspicions that Kanye West was a Nazi. an ordinary black guy who, through some success with a couple cRap albums, becomes very wealthy. that wealth then goes to the ordinary black guys head and he begins to feel superior and distinguished from other regular black people after seeing himself on the cover of forbes or something. now he's primed to enter HN phase (house n*gga), become a republican, and dabble in hard right-wing conspiracy theory on the computer while Kim's at her buttock augmentation appointments.

what would be the ultimate identifier for WHITE culture, in the media? thats right. the NAZIS. so what would you identify with if you were a black guy who absolutely wanted to be a white guy? you'd be a Nazi.

now what Kanye doesn't know, or can't be aware of, rather, is how utterly absurd he looks while doing this. as if this guy wasn't already a ridiculous joke and needed to do something incredibly stupid to be noticed. lolmao.

https://youtu.be/JNua1lFDuDI

not anymore, old friend. Not anymore
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

aspiring married female democrats wanting to be involved in politics, be advised; your husband may be attacked in the home by a right-wing radical if you yourself are not kidnapped first.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Edit: post image upload malfunction. Inferior forum software. Deleted.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

I'm going "gay" nightclubbing tonight since one of my female best friends has turned *: )

(atto can't wait - gonna be dancing the night away to Kylie Minogue while surrounded by lesbians and those other types) :D
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

This is my favorite festival of all time. You've heard of the 'running of the bulls', right? Well what they have in this country is even better.

The running of the hotties.

https://bestgore.fun/w/anbswQHqYbW2RLgWLfvRDq

"black bush EVERYWHERE. It looks like Vietnam after a napalm strike..."
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

SWOLE (urban dictionary)

A type of meal made from primarily noodles and chips. Originated from inmates using whatever they had in their canteen to make something filling.

S: "Baby, what are you doing. Stop makin that swole, you aint locked up no more."

swole ingredients may be obtained from the jail/prison canteen and/or inmate 'stores' (inmates who sell/loan canteen items) and are not limited to those below.

rsz_1rsz_2img_20221028_182856.jpg
rsz_1rsz_2img_20221028_182856.jpg (59.54 KiB) Viewed 2000 times
Step 1) crush noodles and doodles and dice summer sausage with plastic spoon, prison ID, or shank.

rsz_1rsz_img_20221028_183846.jpg
rsz_1rsz_img_20221028_183846.jpg (47.12 KiB) Viewed 2000 times
Step 2) add crushed noodles and summer sausage to doodles bag.

rsz_1rsz_img_20221028_183951.jpg
rsz_1rsz_img_20221028_183951.jpg (46.18 KiB) Viewed 2000 times
Image post limit reached.
Last edited by promethean75 on Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:32 am, edited 2 times in total.