The Left Destroys EVERYTHING It Touches

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Sculptor

Re: The Left Destroys EVERYTHING It Touches

Post by Sculptor »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:16 pm
simplicity wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:50 pm
FlashDangerpants wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:30 pm It simply is a fact of the matter that in setting borders, applying quotas and tests and conditions for who can cross them for how long, for what purpose and so on is a top down authoritarian act. The fact that you approve of this one, or view it as some sort of necessary evil, doesn't change that. It is what it is, you are wasting your efforts by trying to call it something else.
Perhaps you would like to have a free-for-all? They generally don't end well.
FlashDangerpants wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:30 pmIt is also a fact that you opened up a thread saying that the left is bad because they are authoritarians, but in that post one of the authoritarian crimes you accuse them of is ... not doing enough of the authoritarian thing that you happen to like.
Again, although I do consider myself a philosophical anarchist, actual anarchy doesn't work-out well [as noted above].
FlashDangerpants wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:30 pmIt is therefore a fact of simple logic that to the extent that what you wrote could be considered an argument at all, it is a self defeating one. You constructed a poor argument so you should do something about that rather than trying to get personal.
Do you know my 9th grade English teacher [although I suppose she's moved on to the great classroom in the sky decades ago]?
FlashDangerpants wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:30 pmI hate to be "nasty", but this is a philosophy forum, so some elements of philosophy might reasonably be expected to show up in conversation occasionally.
You can't really help it. It's what happens when you only see the bad that happens in the world and need somebody else to blame. You need balance. There is a great deal of good in the world, as well. Try to enjoy it once in a while.
Your argument is self-contradictory. You don't seem to be up to understanding that, let alone rectifying it. Which is worrying because it's an extremely simple predicament. Either you need to withdraw your complaint that the evil nasty LEFT is authoritarian... or you have to withdraw your objection to this Open Borders thing you are blaming them for given that you want a more authoritarian apparoach than they do.

I don't find your efforts to divert the conversation to mild personal insults very interesting. If you really need to do that instead of just dealing with the structural problems in your argument then you need to add some spice.
I fear people tend to latch onto tropes provided for them from various sources in the Internet, but they never think them through.
It's like religious folk that fail to see the inherent contradictions in the variour Faiths out there.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

What have the "Left" every done for us???

Not one damn thing.

All advancements in this world, every last one of them, came from free men. Competing and cooperating free men.

The Left & Right: two sides of the same sewer (the rats are all the same).

And -- just as a caution -- it's not advisable to let the enemy define sumthin' (and you) as authoritarian and then push you into the corner to defend yourself against the charge. Border control -- in itself -- is no more authoritarian than locking the doors of your home before you go to work.

It's prudence, nuthin' more or less.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:25 pm What have the "Left" every done for us???

Not one damn thing.

All advancements in this world, every last one of them, came from free men. Competing and cooperating free men.

And -- just as a caution -- it's not advisable to let the enemy define sumthin' (and you) as authoritarian and then push you into the corner to defend yourself against the charge. Border control -- in itself -- is no more authoritarian than locking the doors of your home before you go to work.

True. You are far more 'free' under feudalism :roll: I wish you would learn to think a bit deeper. I have a feeling you have some sort of monetary interest in a system that depends on the ruling classes 'doing the right thing' (as if that has ever happened). Just be honest for once. What are your true motives? A 'proud American' who is in love with European-style feudalism :lol:
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:33 pm
henry quirk wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:25 pm What have the "Left" every done for us???

Not one damn thing.

True. You are far more 'free' under feudalism. *I wish you would learn to think a bit deeper.
*Me, I'm wishin' you would actually start.

Post by Age »

Not one damn thing.

Here we have ANOTHER GREAT EXAMPLE of just how completely and utterly BLIND human beings were to their OWN DISTORTED BELIEFS, in the days when this was being written.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

I have a feeling you have some sort of monetary interest in a system that depends on the ruling classes 'doing the right thing' (as if that has ever happened).

See? This kinda idiocy is what rankles me. I'm a natural rights libertarian. I don't favor rulers or ruling classes. You know this, or should.

Just be honest for once.

Never been nuthin' but.

What are your true motives?

To remain free: same as always. To lend a hand to those who want the same: same as always.

A 'proud American' who is in love with European-style feudalism :lol:

Nope. A free man in a nation of free people. America is that nation (we just gotta get rid of the pesky united states of bullshit [along with all the cockeyed losers types]).

:lol:

Laugh it up, lettuce. Not gonna be my sweet ass served up in a salad.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Age wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:52 pm

Not one damn thing.

*Here we have ANOTHER GREAT EXAMPLE of just how completely and utterly BLIND human beings were to their OWN DISTORTED BELIEFS, in the days when this was being written.
*Here we have ANOTHER GREAT EXAMPLE of someone rollin' 'round in her own feces, callin' it wisdom.

Careful you don't get some in your mouth.
vegetariantaxidermy

henry quirk wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:39 pm

Not one damn thing.

True. You are far more 'free' under feudalism. *I wish you would learn to think a bit deeper.
'Motivated by greed' is not a pleasant or attractive look. The only other 'motivation' I can think of is Murican idiocy, and I can't relate to that in any way, shape or form...
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:00 pm

'Motivated by greed' is not a pleasant or attractive look. The only other 'motivation' I can think of is Murican idiocy, and I can't relate to that in any way, shape or form...
You're simple, aren't you.
vegetariantaxidermy

henry quirk wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:02 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:00 pm

You're simple, aren't you.
Because I'm not a member of the Murican idiocracy? Or because you are incapable of explaining your position coherently? Either way, it makes you 'simple', not me.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Where's the incoherency?

Cite an example.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Don't think I didn't notice how you skipped over this...
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:33 pmI have a feeling you have some sort of monetary interest in a system that depends on the ruling classes 'doing the right thing' (as if that has ever happened). Just be honest for once. What are your true motives? A 'proud American' who is in love with European-style feudalism :lol:
henry quirk wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:53 pm I have a feeling you have some sort of monetary interest in a system that depends on the ruling classes 'doing the right thing' (as if that has ever happened).

See? This kinda idiocy is what rankles me. I'm a natural rights libertarian. I don't favor rulers or ruling classes. You know this, or should.

Just be honest for once.

Never been nuthin' but.

To remain free: same as always. To lend a hand to those who want the same: same as always.

Nope. A free man in a nation of free people. America is that nation (we just gotta get rid of the pesky united states of bullshit [along with all the cockeyed losers types]).

vegetariantaxidermy

henry quirk wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:08 pm Don't think I didn't notice how you skipped over this...
henry quirk wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:53 pm I have a feeling you have some sort of monetary interest in a system that depends on the ruling classes 'doing the right thing' (as if that has ever happened).

Just be honest for once.

Never been nuthin' but.

You are a disingenuous prik. Your 'system' is simply 'law of the jungle' and you know it. If you want to live like that then go and live in the fucking jungle.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:14 pm
henry quirk wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:08 pm Don't think I didn't notice how you skipped over this...

Just be honest for once.

Never been nuthin' but.

You are a disingenuous prik. Your 'system' is simply 'law of the jungle' and you know it. If you want to live like that then go and live in the fucking jungle.
And you're a simple lil girl (with wrinkles and a saggy keister) who couldn't find her way out of an open field. A frightened old child who requires care-taking.

No worries, rutabaga: they'll take care of you.
vegetariantaxidermy

henry quirk wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:19 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:14 pm

And you're a simple lil girl (with wrinkles and a saggy keister) who couldn't find her way out of an open field. A frightened old child who requires care-taking.

No worries, rutabaga: they'll take care of you.
:lol: Dripping misogyny and ageism. Insults about personal appearance are always a good replacement for logic and reason... Not wrinkled actually, and I'm not sure what a 'saggy keister' is :? I'm slightly younger than you btw, with your 'saggy keister'. Age has nothing to do with being able to think critically. I've always been capable of doing that.

ps I'm not the one who needs a big 'sky daddy' watching over me. How 'free' is that?