TheVisionofEr

Re: The evil of superiority.

Post by TheVisionofEr »

Sculptor wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 10:25 am
TheVisionofEr wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 3:10 am
Sculptor wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:58 am

WHY what?
Which ways would I exclude?
would you call an accident, causing great harm, evil?
Say a person injured by a sink hole?
What about a small child stabbing you with a knife? Is that evil?
It is for the one it happens to.

Humans have a tendency over the last three thousand years to remove the notion of agency in matters of culpability. To say people are sick rather than guilty leads to the view that humans are like sink holes. In great antiquity inanimate objects were held culpable. The Roman Jurists of the early centuries of the Christian age could no longer understand those laws, but one can observe the attitude in the spontaneous anger of someone who strikes his head on a two-by-four.

Sin can tend to mean error. In other words, as in the present discussion, the point is to avoid those errors which bring the evil of great harm. Even the devil is supposed to be a creature, created as is a stone.

Injustice implies a knowing act, rather than a mere state of affairs or "de facto" circumstance. Since the Greek Political Philosophy. The Greeks, too, distinguished "hurt" from "wrong." From being (legally) wronged.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

TheVisionofEr wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 2:50 pm
TheVisionofEr wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 3:10 am

Which ways would I exclude?
So subjective

Humans have a tendency over the last three thousand years to remove the notion of agency in matters of culpability. To say people are sick rather than guilty leads to the view that humans are like sink holes. In great antiquity inanimate objects were held culpable. The Roman Jurists of the early centuries of the Christian age could no longer understand those laws, but one can observe the attitude in the spontaneous anger of someone who strikes his head on a two-by-four.

Sin can tend to mean error. In other words, as in the present discussion, the point is to avoid those errors which bring the evil of great harm. Even the devil is supposed to be a creature, created as is a stone.

Injustice implies a knowing act, rather than a mere state of affairs or "de facto" circumstance. Since the Greek Political Philosophy. The Greeks, too, distinguished "hurt" from "wrong." From being (legally) wronged.
Evil is meaningless.
Shit happens then you die.
TheVisionofEr

Post by TheVisionofEr »

Sculptor wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 8:54 pm
So subjective

Evil is meaningless.
You're just admitting you're bellow the responsibility to think. Something boring and common as hell. Thought is nessisary for making laws and filling our minds. The idea that all humans are "subjects" is the work of the 19th century and now it has become you.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

TheVisionofEr wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 2:41 pm

So subjective

Evil is meaningless.
You're just admitting you're bellow the responsibility to think.
I love to bellow in the morning. It gets the yah yahs out.
Something boring and common as hell.
Why don't you run along and try to think about what "evil" might mean to you, then you can tell me? Until you do the work, I'll just have a laugh at your expence.

Thought is nessisary for making laws and filling our minds. The idea that all humans are "subjects" is the work of the 19th century and now it has become you.
Spelling is a necessary skill too. It might mean you have to think first though.
You are clueless about the meaning of "subject" in this context.

"The work of the 19thC" LOL
I think its the way you tell 'em.
TheVisionofEr

Post by TheVisionofEr »

Sculptor wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 3:49 pm
TheVisionofEr wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 2:41 pm
So subjective

Evil is meaningless.
You're just admitting you're bellow the responsibility to think.
I love to bellow in the morning. It gets the yah yahs out.
Something boring and common as hell.
Why don't you run along and try to think about what "evil" might mean to you, then you can tell me? Until you do the work, I'll just have a laugh at your expence.

Thought is nessisary for making laws and filling our minds. The idea that all humans are "subjects" is the work of the 19th century and now it has become you.
Spelling is a necessary skill too. It might mean you have to think first though.

Idiot.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

TheVisionofEr wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 10:16 pm
Sculptor wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 3:49 pm Spelling is a necessary skill too. It might mean you have to think first though.

Idiot.
Wow, what a thoughtful and comprehensive response.
At least you can spell "idiot". There is hope yet!