Supporting Evidences and References are Critical

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Davyboi

Re: Supporting Evidences and References are Critical

Post by Davyboi »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:03 am It is so obvious that all proofs and arguments must be supported by reliable evidences from various sources, e.g. research papers, links, references, etc.

However we need to understand there is a limitation to the above in relation to any online philosophical forum such as this one.
Discussion in such a forum like this is very limited. It is not a rigor academic exercise. As such the evidences that can be presented here is also limited. To optimize, what can be done is provided reference and links as a rough lead to greater details if necessary.

I have often received complains like this;
Age wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:05 am Well you would be so much more of a fool if you had already stated your focus on islam is based on 'false' empirical evidences. As I have pointed out many times to you previously, you only BELIEVE it is "real" empirical evidence, because it SUPPORTS your already held BELIEFS.
What you say is NOT real empirical evidence.
What you are DOING is grasping onto any thing you can, which confirms your already held biases. This is OBVIOUS. But this, obviously, would not be obvious to YOU, just yet anyway.
The onus is on the one who disagree to argue why my real empirical evidence are not true nor reliable.

To maintain intellectual integrity and honesty, I believe I am one of those who has provided the most quotes, links and references currently in this forum. Besides 'TimeSeeker' tell me who else?

Views?
Hi veritas would you please give your views opinion on my new post please. Thanks
TimeSeeker

Post by TimeSeeker »

Age wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:36 am Yes I do KNOW.

Also, were you at all aware of just how self-centered, and human-centered, you actually look and see from?

ALL you are concerned about here is YOU, human beings, as though YOU actually matter.

You have a distorted perception that YOU, human beings, have some sort of importance over any and all other, perceived, THINGS.

Let Me tell you, that YOU, human beings, were only here to serve a purpose, and that this purpose has already been fulfilled, so what WILL happen to you ALL is now well under way. YOUR end "time" is now up and the extinction of YOU, human beings, is slowly beginning.

I could easily show HOW to prevent the death of yourselves, but WHY would I? Greed would only flourish more within YOU, and YOU would once more only care about SOME and not ALL, and in turn destroy further the one and only home that you now live on. What is far more beneficial IS wiping YOU, human beings, out and allow Life to flourish and prosper again, like it once did before YOU, came along.
You are beating around the bush now.

I asked you a yes/no question. We don't know how to obtain that knowledge. Are you going to tell us or not?

If you are just going to preach without actually teaching, you are just wasting our time - aren't you?

Have you not heard what we do to missionaries who just come to preach? https://www.christianitytoday.com/news/ ... -chau.html
Last edited by TimeSeeker on Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post by Age »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:04 am
Age wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:47 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:24 am
What you believe is the above, i.e. you don't have BELIEFS.
But I do NOT believe that, as you assume and love to BELIEVE is True.
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:24 amUntil you communicate and state your one-of-a-kind beliefs [which is inherent in all human beings] there is nothing for me to comment.
So do you really BELIEVE that you KNOW what IS inherent in ALL human beings?
Yes, quite sufficiently.
'Beliefs' are fundamental to survival and this activity in believing [irrational or rational] within the human brain/mind had been adapted from our ancestors who had survived with this mental feature, thus embedded and inherent in ALL human beings.
Lol.

That is NOT supporting evidence. That is you just stating things, which reflects your already gained and held BELIEFS.

Your BELIEF is; Belief is inherent in ALL human beings. And this is your, attempt at an, argument for this BELIEF;

P1. Beliefs are fundamental to survival.
P2. Believing has adapted from those who have survived.
C. Therefore, BELIEFS are embedded and inherent in ALL human beings.

P1. WHERE is the supporting evidence for P1?
Are human beings the only animal or thing that supposedly NEED BELIEFS to survive?
P2. Of course what you human beings believe changes. For example; You, human beings, began living with and using money, and now most of you have changed to BELIEVE that you can NOT live without money. Change, just happens, and is what IS actually really necessary, for survival. The changing of beliefs, by believing different things, is just natural and NOT fundamental nor necessary for continual survival.
But CHANGE is necessary.
WHEN do you propose BELIEFS began appearing in human beings?
In other words how far into human beings existence did human beings start BELIEVING things?
If human beings came into existence BEFORE beliefs did, then BELIEFS are NOT embedded and inherent in ALL human beings.
If you say; BELIEFS existed/began when human beings began, then HOW do you KNOW this?

If you say you are going to provide 'supporting evidence', then you, obviously, NEED 'supporting evidence', and to provide 'it'.

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:04 amMy stance remains;
Until you communicate and state your one-of-a-kind beliefs, there is nothing for me to comment. The activity of believing [BELIEF] is inherent in all human beings.
If so, what BELIEFS do you human being babies HAVE?

After all, human beings continual survival has relied heavily on baby human being. So, provide the BELIEFS that a new born human being babies supposedly have, then we can LOOK at if your "supporting evidence" really is supporting evidence or not. Until then you are NOT doing what you PREACH.

Post by Age »

TimeSeeker wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:02 am

Also, were you at all aware of just how self-centered, and human-centered, you actually look and see from?

ALL you are concerned about here is YOU, human beings, as though YOU actually matter.

You have a distorted perception that YOU, human beings, have some sort of importance over any and all other, perceived, THINGS.

Let Me tell you, that YOU, human beings, were only here to serve a purpose, and that this purpose has already been fulfilled, so what WILL happen to you ALL is now well under way. YOUR end "time" is now up and the extinction of YOU, human beings, is slowly beginning.

I could easily show HOW to prevent the death of yourselves, but WHY would I? Greed would only flourish more within YOU, and YOU would once more only care about SOME and not ALL, and in turn destroy further the one and only home that you now live on. What is far more beneficial IS wiping YOU, human beings, out and allow Life to flourish and prosper again, like it once did before YOU, came along.

I asked you a yes/no question. Are you going to tell us or not?
If you do NOT provide what the actual question is here, then you, as you say, are beating around the bush.

What is the supposed yes/no question, you talk about here now?
TimeSeeker wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:02 amWe don't know how to obtain that knowledge.
You can not successfully and accurately speak for others. You can only truly speak for YOU.

So, YOU do not know how to obtain "that" knowledge. Because you do NOT know if "others" can NOT obtain it.

I completely understand that you are unable to obtain not just some certain knowledge but in fact ALL knowledge. You have already stated that you are unable to.

But "what" knowledge are you referring to now?
TimeSeeker wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:02 amYou do, BUT you aren't going to tell us. You are just wasting our time, aren't you ?
I can NOT tell you some thing of which I do NOT yet know what you are talking about.

What specific knowledge do you BELIEVE that "timeseeker" can NOT obtain?

Also, you started off by saying that you just asked a yes/no question, then you went on wanting me to explain how to obtain some sort of knowledge or other.

Is this about me just answering yes or no, or about Me explaining things to you, of which you have NO knowledge of?
TimeSeeker

Post by TimeSeeker »

Age wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:26 am If you do NOT provide what the actual question is here, then you, as you say, are beating around the bush.

Are you going to give us the dates and locations of the next 100 natural disasters?

Age wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:26 am What specific knowledge do you BELIEVE that "timeseeker" can NOT obtain?
The dates and locations of the next 100 natural disasters.

Post by Age »

TimeSeeker wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:02 am

I asked you a yes/no question. We don't know how to obtain that knowledge. Are you going to tell us or not?

If you are just going to preach without actually teaching, you are just wasting our time - aren't you?
Once again you have edited your post while I am responding to it.
TimeSeeker wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:02 amHave you not heard what we do to missionaries who just come to preach? https://www.christianitytoday.com/news/ ... -chau.html
Have you not heard how long it took to just explain some thing as simple as the earth revolves around the sun, and have this UNDERSTOOD, by a group of human beings who do NOT listen?

Are you aware that some/ALL of YOU, human beings, are still NOT listening to what the actual Truth of things IS?
TimeSeeker

Post by TimeSeeker »

Age wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:43 am Are you aware that some/ALL of YOU, human beings, are still NOT listening to what the actual Truth of things IS?
No.

Post by Age »

TimeSeeker wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:28 am
Age wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:26 am If you do NOT provide what the actual question is here, then you, as you say, are beating around the bush.

Are you going to give us the dates and locations of the next 100 natural disasters?

Age wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:26 am What specific knowledge do you BELIEVE that "timeseeker" can NOT obtain?
The dates and locations of the next 100 natural disasters.
You, obviously, did NOT read My post regarding this, just jumped to a(nother) conclusion, made up another assumption, and then wrote what you have here now.

Once again your inability to clarify makes this much harder for the readers to actual understand what it is that you are TRYING TO say, and makes it near impossible for any one to answer what it is that you are actually seeking.

WHY is it so hard for you to just write the question or questions down in plain simple form, for Me?

Post by Age »

TimeSeeker wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:45 am
Age wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:43 am Are you aware that some/ALL of YOU, human beings, are still NOT listening to what the actual Truth of things IS?
No.
Thank you for your honesty, and for what was also already obvious.
TimeSeeker

Post by TimeSeeker »

Age wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:47 am WHY is it so hard for you to just write the question or questions down in plain simple form, for Me?
Do you know where and when the next 100 natural disasters on Earth will take place?

It's a plain and simple question. I am not sure where your confusion lies.

Post by Age »

TimeSeeker wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:49 am
Age wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:47 am WHY is it so hard for you to just write the question or questions down in plain simple form, for Me?
Do you know where and when the next 100 natural disasters on Earth will take place?
I have ALREADY ANSWERED THIS.

OBVIOUSLY, you did NOT read and/or comprehend what I wrote, ONCE AGAIN.

My answer was; No, not from the perspective of 'clairvoyant' that you are using here. So the rest of what you write here is just moot, and a totally distorted assumption of what IS, actually Real and True.

TimeSeeker wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:49 amIt's a plain and simple question. I am not sure where your confusion lies.
My confusion lies in HOW you could possible be still stuck on this question when I have ALREADY ANSWERED IT.

Also, that is the first time that you wrote it THAT WAY.
TimeSeeker

Post by TimeSeeker »

Age wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:01 am

My answer was; No, not from the perspective of 'clairvoyant' that you are using here. So the rest of what you write here is just moot, and a totally distorted assumption of what IS, actually Real and True.

TimeSeeker wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:49 amIt's a plain and simple question. I am not sure where your confusion lies.
My confusion lies in HOW you could possible be still stuck on this question when I have ALREADY ANSWERED IT.

You could have just said "I don't know".
Veritas Aequitas

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

Age wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:13 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:04 am
Age wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:47 am

But I do NOT believe that, as you assume and love to BELIEVE is True.

So do you really BELIEVE that you KNOW what IS inherent in ALL human beings?
Yes, quite sufficiently.
'Beliefs' are fundamental to survival and this activity in believing [irrational or rational] within the human brain/mind had been adapted from our ancestors who had survived with this mental feature, thus embedded and inherent in ALL human beings.
Lol.

That is NOT supporting evidence. That is you just stating things, which reflects your already gained and held BELIEFS.

Your BELIEF is; Belief is inherent in ALL human beings. And this is your, attempt at an, argument for this BELIEF;

P1. Beliefs are fundamental to survival.
P2. Believing has adapted from those who have survived.
C. Therefore, BELIEFS are embedded and inherent in ALL human beings.

Are human beings the only animal or thing that supposedly NEED BELIEFS to survive?
P2. Of course what you human beings believe changes. For example; You, human beings, began living with and using money, and now most of you have changed to BELIEVE that you can NOT live without money. Change, just happens, and is what IS actually really necessary, for survival. The changing of beliefs, by believing different things, is just natural and NOT fundamental nor necessary for continual survival.
But CHANGE is necessary.
WHEN do you propose BELIEFS began appearing in human beings?
In other words how far into human beings existence did human beings start BELIEVING things?
If human beings came into existence BEFORE beliefs did, then BELIEFS are NOT embedded and inherent in ALL human beings.
If you say; BELIEFS existed/began when human beings began, then HOW do you KNOW this?

If you say you are going to provide 'supporting evidence', then you, obviously, NEED 'supporting evidence', and to provide 'it'.

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:04 amMy stance remains;
Until you communicate and state your one-of-a-kind beliefs, there is nothing for me to comment. The activity of believing [BELIEF] is inherent in all human beings.

After all, human beings continual survival has relied heavily on baby human being. So, provide the BELIEFS that a new born human being babies supposedly have, then we can LOOK at if your "supporting evidence" really is supporting evidence or not. Until then you are NOT doing what you PREACH.

I have mentioned the example that our ancestors were to ones who believed the sound of a broken twig within the bushes is most likely that of a saber-toothed tiger [even without solid evidence] and they ran for cover away from the potential danger.
Those who do not have such beliefs thus had greater chances of being eaten by tigers over the eons of evolution.
Those who had such beliefs [without solid evidence] and ran away from dangers had a greater chance of survival produce our current generations of believers.
Believing the presence of a Saber-toothed tiger without real evidence is merely one example of the principle of BELIEF [of a range of degrees] inherent in all humans and critical to facilitate survival.

Human beings are not the only living things that had evolved with BELIEFS to facilitate their survivals. Many animals react immediately as if there is terrible danger and they always avoid an inkling of danger even there is no actual signs of danger. This is a sort of 'belief' in the brain of the animal.

The activity of believing [BELIEF] is inherent in all human beings.
Did not expect you to be so dumb.
Inherent mean the potential to believe is embedded in the DNA of all human beings and active relative to their development.

Until you communicate and state your one-of-a-kind beliefs, there is nothing for me to comment.

Post by Age »

TimeSeeker wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:03 am
Age wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:01 am

You could have just said "I don't know".
I said "No," how much simpler do you want it? You did after all state that it was a yes/no question.

From what I have seen from you, it does NOT matter what I write, you either misconstrue it, misunderstand it, or just miss it, completely.

You talked about me wasting time before, yet you ask these ridiculous supposed yes/no questions that surely you already KNOW the answer is going to be a resounding "No" anyway.
TimeSeeker

Post by TimeSeeker »

Age wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:40 am I said "No," how much simpler do you want it? You did after all state that it was a yes/no question.
That's not a "no".That's a "No" and then some.

No, not from the perspective of 'clairvoyant' that you are using here. So the rest of what you write here is just moot, and a totally distorted assumption of what IS, actually Real and True.