Should we get rid of football and other contact sports?

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Should we get rid of football and other contact sports?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:21 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:05 pm Excuse for what? I've never used a 'spellchecker' EVER. It's also in shitty yanklish anyway. Why don't you just fuck off you senile old fool.
You misspelled Yanglish fool. And you can reset the language booboo (if you never used the tool, then how can you know it's in American dolt?) You're such a moron.

Hooray for the red, white and blue.

PhilX 🇺🇸
Why should I go to the bother of 'resetting' from pidgin to English? I don't need some yank nerd telling me how to spell, or anyone else for that matter. English evolved from many languages, over a very long time. Yanks tried to change it practically overnight. The obnoxious misspelling is mainly 'thanks' to one man: Webster. Trying to phoneticise and 'simplify' (dumb down) English was a big mistake, not to mention impossible. All he ended up with was a confusing, inconsistent, annoying mess-- a mess that's spreading its poison everywhere. He was responsible for a collective lobotomy on a national scale. It explains pretty much everything that is wrong with your country.
Children all over the world are growing up using his shitty 'dictionary' online, thinking it's the real deal. Notice how it always appears first? It's like comparing Bach to Bieber.

''Webster dedicated his Speller and Dictionary to providing an intellectual foundation for American nationalism.'' Haha. That worked out really well. He certainly did just that. That explains why y'all take such pride in being idiots. You view 'intellectualism' as being 'European' and 'unAmerican'. Irony is so wasted on Americans.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Philosophy Explorer

Re:

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:02 pm Can be, but hasn't been (to include what you suggest), so, as I say, what you infer ain't there.
But, as you just said, can be and that's the point.

PhilX 🇺🇸
vegetariantaxidermy

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:04 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:05 pm Excuse for what? I've never used a 'spellchecker' EVER. It's also in shitty yanklish anyway. Why don't you just fuck off you senile old fool.
You misspelled Yanglish fool. And you can reset the language booboo (if you never used the tool, then how can you know it's in American dolt?) You're such a moron.

PhilX 🇺🇸
Why should I go to the bother of 'resetting' from pidgin to English? I don't need some yank nerd telling me how to spell, or anyone else for that matter. English evolved from many languages, over a very long time. Yanks tried to change it practically overnight. The obnoxious misspelling is mainly 'thanks' to one man: Webster. Trying to phoneticise and 'simplify' (dumb down) English was a big mistake, not to mention impossible. All he ended up with was a confusing, inconsistent, annoying mess-- a mess that's spreading its poison everywhere. He was responsible for a collective lobotomy on a national scale. It explains pretty much everything that is wrong with your country.
Children all over the world are growing up using his shitty 'dictionary' online, thinking it's the real deal. Notice how it always appears first? It's like comparing Bach to Bieber.

''Webster dedicated his Speller and Dictionary to providing an intellectual foundation for American nationalism.'' Haha. That worked out really well. He certainly did just that. That explains why y'all take such pride in being idiots. You view 'intellectualism' as being 'European' and 'unAmerican'. Irony is so wasted on Americans.
''Webster went a little bit too far when he made his first dictionary though. He dropped silent letters so words like "determine", "leopard" and "soup" became "determin", "leperd" and "soop". Some of his spellings obviously never caught on, but the break from Britain's English essentially started there. Some caught on like cutting U's from "colour" and "flavour" and putting R's after E's in "centre".''

He should have been dumped after his first 'dictionary' failed.
Philosophy Explorer

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:06 am

PhilX 🇺🇸

''Webster went a little bit too far when he made his first dictionary though. He dropped silent letters so words like "determine", "leopard" and "soup" became "determin", "leperd" and "soop". Some of his spellings obviously never caught on, but the break from Britain's English essentially started there. Some caught on like cutting U's from "colour" and "flavour" and putting R's after E's in "centre".''

Well he wasn't and I applaud him.

PhilX 🇺🇸
Philosophy Explorer

This is the study that led to this thread:

https://thinkprogress.org/amp/p/b7c3081 ... efbd92b2e0

PhilX 🇺🇸
vegetariantaxidermy

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:30 am

PhilX 👶🏻
For turning the population into illiterate, nationalistic idiots like you? What a surprise. 🖕🏼
Philosophy Explorer

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:00 am

PhilX 👶🏻
For turning the population into illiterate, nationalistic idiots like you? What a surprise.
You must be the champ at making stupid remarks. As I said, if you don't like the program, change the channel.

PhilX 🇺🇸

PS I wish you put as much effort into your spellchecker as you have into your emojis.
vegetariantaxidermy

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:04 am

PhilX 👶🏻
For turning the population into illiterate, nationalistic idiots like you? What a surprise.
You must be the champ at making stupid remarks. As I said, if you don't like the program, change the channel.

PhilX 🤥

PS I wish you put as much effort into your spellchecker as you have into your emojis.
From the creepy weirdo who sent me 500 pms in a row. 😫
Philosophy Explorer

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:26 am

PhilX 🤥

From the whiner who only knows how to exaggerate and lie a lot. I see you're practicing with your new emojis. Makes you feel like a kid again - correction you never knew how to grow up. Poor baby.

PhilX 🇺🇸
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:43 am From the whiner who only knows how to exaggerate and lie a lot. I see you're practicing with your new emojis. Makes you feel like a kid again - correction you never knew how to grow up. Poor baby.

PhilX 🇺🇸
Well at least with VT posting there is a lot of crap to wade through, without her posts there would be less dross.
vegetariantaxidermy

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:43 am

PhilX 🤥

From the whiner who only knows how to exaggerate and lie a lot. I see you're practicing with your new emojis. Makes you feel like a kid again - correction you never knew how to grow up. Poor baby.

PhilX 🤥
Philosophy Explorer

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:50 am

PhilX 🤥
You don't have the brains to describe me. :lol:

PhilX 🇺🇸
vegetariantaxidermy

Philosophy Explorer wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:47 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:50 am

PhilX 🤥
You don't have the brains to describe me. :lol:

PhilX 🇷🇺
Philosophy Explorer

Gotcha.booboo.

PhilX 🇺🇸
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

"But, as you just said, can be and that's the point."

Can we?

Sure.

Should we?

Hell no!

Again...

"Should we get rid of football and other contact sports?"

If folks go in with eyes open, they the ought to be allowed to abuse themselves however they like.

With kids, Ma and Pa (should) get the final say, not some busy-body bureaucrat.