Post a pic of yourself

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

Re: Post a pic of yourself

Post by attofishpi »

It's a good pic, one of those where the pic doesn't do what you are actually looking at justice.

I found that with Uluru some years ago. It doesn't matter what photo you take or look at in a brochure, it pales in comparison to actually being there.

It should be a place of pilgrimage for everyone I think and I'm glad nobody is allowed to walk all over it now..it really is a spiritual place.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

I don't have any updated selfies but u can see some pictures of my wood if u want.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/bxqoBwYCQeSemBK87
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

promethean75 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:52 pm I don't have any updated selfies but u can see some pictures of my wood if u want.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/bxqoBwYCQeSemBK87
I assume you mean you built these things. Nice work.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Yessir thank u.

Post by Age »

attofishpi wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:16 pm It's a good pic, one of those where the pic doesn't do what you are actually looking at justice.

I found that with Uluru some years ago. It doesn't matter what photo you take or look at in a brochure, it pales in comparison to actually being there.

It should be a place of pilgrimage for everyone I think and I'm glad nobody is allowed to walk all over it now..it really is a spiritual place.
WHY do you see that place as being 'really spiritual'?

Do you NOT see the rest of planet earth as being 'really spiritual' also? That is; if you look below or beyond the way 'you', adult human beings, have DESTROYED 'that place'.

And, if you do NOT see the rest of earth as being 'really spiritual', then WHY, EXACTLY, is that rock 'really spiritual', to you?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Age wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:34 pm
attofishpi wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:16 pm It's a good pic, one of those where the pic doesn't do what you are actually looking at justice.

Do you NOT see the rest of planet earth as being 'really spiritual' also? That is; if you look below or beyond the way 'you', adult human beings, have DESTROYED 'that place'.

And, if you do NOT see the rest of earth as being 'really spiritual', then WHY, EXACTLY, is that rock 'really spiritual', to you?
Because Darth Vader lives there.

Post by Age »

attofishpi wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:49 pm

Makes one wonder WHY these people come here to SAY and/or CLAIM the 'things' that they do?

See, if one was to propose that 'ayers rock's is a 'really spiritual place' on say a tourist website and/or just in general conversation/s with "others", then all well and good. That one might just be wanting "others" to go to the same place where they felt some kind of 'spiritual' experience. But, we are IN a philosophy forum here, instead. YET when questioned so as to EXPLAIN or ELABORATE MORE, responses like this are given.

It is like there is NOT ANY 'philosophicality' left AT ALL existing WITHIN them
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Age wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:38 am
attofishpi wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:49 pm

Makes one wonder WHY these people come here to SAY and/or CLAIM the 'things' that they do?

See, if one was to propose that 'ayers rock's is a 'really spiritual place' on say a tourist website and/or just in general conversation/s with "others", then all well and good. That one might just be wanting "others" to go to the same place where they felt some kind of 'spiritual' experience. But, we are IN a philosophy forum here, instead. YET when questioned so as to EXPLAIN or ELABORATE MORE, responses like this are given.

It is like there is NOT ANY 'philosophicality' left AT ALL existing WITHIN them
Sounds likeyou need some magic mushrooms then perhaps you might understand these things.
duszek

Post by duszek »

People are shy about their pics and I can understand.

However, a pic does not express the soul of a person.
What expresses the soul of a person is the voice.

How about posting mp3 recordings of our voices ?
A simple mp3 player can register a short spoken text. Then it could be uploaded here.

And if you cannot think of a good text to recite you could recite "Shall I compare thee to a summer´s day ?" (sonet 18)
It is soothing for the nerves, like a prayer for religious people.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

well here's a clip of me and the cat practicing Todd Rundgren's Hello It's Me

He (the cat) likes Rundgren and wants to do this song at a talent show Pet Smart is hosting next week. We're still working on the opening verse and not making much progress. i should prolly talk em out of doing this song. it could end up being catastrophic.

https://vocaroo.com/1eGntakUBeZQ
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

holy shit u know what would be funny. take that clip and cut it into four clips. delete my voice and just use the cat's meows. so you sample Hello It's Me, make four clips of the opening 'hello it's me' and cue one at each meow... as if the vocalist were in the booth doing the vocal tracks and kept having to retake it.

insert three second pauses following a 'cut!' in between clips of me saying something like 'no your pitch is wrong' and 'alright try it again... not so loud this time' and so forth.

this would work well becuz Todd's and the cat's tempo are the same.

Imma see if I can do it with my 'youcut' free version app.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

duszek wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 7:27 pm People are shy about their pics and I can understand.

However, a pic does not express the soul of a person.
What expresses the soul of a person is the voice.

How about posting mp3 recordings of our voices ?
A simple mp3 player can register a short spoken text. Then it could be uploaded here.

And if you cannot think of a good text to recite you could recite "Shall I compare thee to a summer´s day ?" (sonet 18)
It is soothing for the nerves, like a prayer for religious people.
Hasn't Shakespeare been 'cancelled', for being too 'white and male'? Too 'colonial'? Not 'wokie' enough? Not enough 'diversity' or 'inclusivity' in his plays?
Romeo and Juliet should have been Romeo and Romeo, or Juliet and Romeo (because they both changed 'gender').
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

7cp6hr.jpg
7cp6hr.jpg (33.1 KiB) Viewed 1014 times
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

rsz_1rsz_img_20230313_183656.jpg