Christian Civilization -- The Central Issue

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Alexis Jacobi

Re: Christian Civilization -- The Central Issue

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

Harbal wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:13 pmI am complicit in what? A particular scenario was brought up. A group of children, accompanied by their parents, were invited to watch a drag performance. I am afraid that, in my shameful ignorance, I can't see the need for a horrified reaction to that. Could you explain why that situation is one of child abuse, and my attitude is one of support and complicity?
You are not considering the other points I brought up. For you to understand why very many parents today are deeply concerned about the sexualization of their children you, Harbal, will have to remove some fetters from your own mind or, to be more accurate, your ethical sensibilities.
A group of children, accompanied by their parents, were invited to watch a drag performance. I am afraid that, in my shameful ignorance, I can't see the need for a horrified reaction to that. Could you explain why that situation is one of child abuse, and my attitude is one of support and complicity?
Yes, I could make a case, and I could carefully write it out, and it would have zero effect on you. Just examine the quoted sentence. It contains your reasoning and your defense, all in one.

I already explained that the boundaries of what is acceptable and ethical have been shifted dramatically. For you to understand other viewpoints would necessarily involve you in study and consideration that you do not believe is necessary.
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:44 pm Well, you know how us "lefty" "commies" are. But fair enough, if what you say of there being only one Nazi flag and it not having been supported by anyone else on the right.
You seem a centrist and also one oriented to pacifism. You are definitely lacking in familiarity with American cultural issues, and you likely have oodles of prejudices against those farther to the Right than you (though Left and Right are misleading).

Being a twerp doesn't help much either. 😂
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:50 pm Being a twerp doesn't help much either. 😂
Says the pedant.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Here's the main problem with nationalism, bro. Before its effects it's legit. There is nothing objectively 'wrong' with wanting and striving toward communities and even nations composed of a basic subrace of humans that are genetically very similar and whatever.

Show me where it says in the universe: but u can't want only to live and reproduce with those of your own phenotype group.

On the other hand, how would a modern first world free market country go about implementing a vote to deport all people of race x and disallow them entry? Is that even conceivably possible without generating all kinds of shit.

Once u, as a country, have enough people of other races in your country, it's too late to ever (practically) be nationalistic again.

Now since every first world country - where any of this matters - that could conceivably be nationalistic, already has multiracial populations, it's practically impossible to do it.

Nationalism is an old perennial goody, a relic, like the worn leather holster of a six shooter or sumthin. It has history, workable history, but today it's simply to old of a construct to ever happen again without causing major problems for whatever country tends toward a genuinely nationalistic direction unless your country is just a big field in Africa somewhere.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:46 pm
Harbal wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:13 pmI am complicit in what? A particular scenario was brought up. A group of children, A group of children, accompanied by their parents, were invited to watch a drag performance. I am afraid that, in my shameful ignorance, I can't see the need for a horrified reaction to that. Could you explain why that situation is one of child abuse, and my attitude is one of support and complicity?
Yes, I could make a case, and I could carefully write it out, and it would have zero effect on you. Just examine the quoted sentence. It contains your reasoning and your defense, all in one.
The fact that you come here and behave as if your opinions deserve consideration, or should even matter to anyone else, is reason enough for me to reject them.
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

promethean75 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:07 pm Show me where it says in the universe: but u can't want only to live and reproduce with those of your own phenotype group.

On the other hand, how would a modern first world free market country go about implementing a vote to deport all people of race x and disallow them entry? Is that even conceivably possible without generating all kinds of shit.

Once u, as a country, have enough people of other races in your country, it's too late to ever (practically) be nationalistic again.

Now since every first world country - where any of this matters - that could conceivably be nationalistic, already has multiracial populations, it's practically impossible to do it.

Nationalism is an old perennial goody, a relic, like the worn leather holster of a six shooter or sumthin. It has history, workable history, but today it's simply to old of a construct to ever happen again without causing major problems for whatever country tends toward a genuinely nationalistic direction unless your country is just a big field in Africa somewhere.
You make good points.

And you mean ethno-nationalist.

This interview of Michelle Malkin by Lana Lokteff might interest you. Malkin is Filipino but pro-White/pro-European.
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

Harbal wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:13 pm The fact that you come here and behave as if your opinions deserve consideration, or should even matter to anyone else, is reason enough for me to reject them.
That is a very bad reason.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Harbal wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:13 pm
Alexis Jacobi wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:46 pm
Harbal wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:13 pmI am complicit in what? A particular scenario was brought up. A group of children, A group of children, accompanied by their parents, were invited to watch a drag performance. I am afraid that, in my shameful ignorance, I can't see the need for a horrified reaction to that. Could you explain why that situation is one of child abuse, and my attitude is one of support and complicity?
The fact that you come here and behave as if your opinions deserve consideration, or should even matter to anyone else, is reason enough for me to reject them.
Now, now, Harbal. We should respect AJ in the same way that we might respect garbage collectors. People who sift through garbage seeking what can still be saved are fine (at least until their own house begins to smell like what they've been sifting through).
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

Liberté, égalité, reciclaje ♻️
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:49 pm Liberté, égalité, reciclaje ♻️
👍
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

My anger was more directed to what I was claimed to have "admitted", without quotation. That type of slander and lying far lower than the regular Ad Homs thrown around here, which are casually shrugged off. If you fantasize I've said something specific and literal...then go quote it, my Detractors.

However, we shouldn't allow these distractions to take focus off the larger concerns and topics at hand. That's exactly what they want.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:20 pm
Harbal wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:13 pm The fact that you come here and behave as if your opinions deserve consideration, or should even matter to anyone else, is reason enough for me to reject them.
That is a very bad reason.
That was a refreshingly short response for you, Alexis. 🙂
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Wizard22 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:53 pm My anger was more directed to........
And who on earth do you imagine gives a damn about your anger, you pathetic little insect?
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Harbal wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:01 pmAnd who on earth do you imagine gives a damn about your anger, you pathetic little insect?
And who cares about yours? Micky ran to your defense, because you're busy making yourself look like a fool, and he felt the need to protect you from your own idiocy.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Wizard22 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:53 pm My anger was more directed to what I was claimed to have "admitted", without quotation. That type of slander and lying far lower than the regular Ad Homs thrown around here, which are casually shrugged off. If you fantasize I've said something specific and literal...then go quote it, my Detractors.

However, we shouldn't allow these distractions to take focus off the larger concerns and topics at hand. That's exactly what they want.
I had to backtrack to refamiliarize myself with the conversation to see what you're talking about. So Mick is incorrect in his statement that you have admitted to being a Nazi? It is not the case that you have admitted to being a Nazi. Is that correct? I suppose being offended by the accusation is a good sign.