For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Skepdick

Re: The law of non-contradiction

Post by Skepdick »

Atla wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:12 am
Skepdick wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:10 am
Atla wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:08 am
And where exactly were mathemathics and infinite dimensions mentioned there? :)
And where exactly were mathematics; or ANY dimensions mentioned in my post?
Your entire post was a fallacy where you apply a 3-dimensional statement to a 4-dimensional world. Because you're a miserable fuck who wants to feel special by pretending to have refuted the LNC. So again where have I mentioned mathemathics and infinite dimensions?
My statements about change had no relevance to dimensionality.

A true proposition may become false by simply changing location. Whether it's changing location in space; or changing location in time.

Change is change.

It's the process of Truth becoming Falsehood and the process of Falsehood becoming Truth.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Skepdick wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:14 am
Atla wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:12 am
Skepdick wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:10 am
And where exactly were mathematics; or ANY dimensions mentioned in my post?
Your entire post was a fallacy where you apply a 3-dimensional statement to a 4-dimensional world. Because you're a miserable fuck who wants to feel special by pretending to have refuted the LNC. So again where have I mentioned mathemathics and infinite dimensions?
My statements about change had no relevance to dimensionality.

A true proposition may become false by simply changing location. Whether it's changing location in space; or changing location in time.

Change is change.

It's the process of Truth becoming Falsehood and the process of Falsehood becoming Truth.
No, it was about change in time which is the 4th dimension. Or maybe you don't even understand what you wrote.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Atla wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:17 am No, it was about change in time which is the 4th dimension. Or maybe you don't even understand what you wrote.
And the 5th dimension is the duration of a change in time.

You can't seem to decide whether you want to Math or not-Math.

So much change...
Atla

Post by Atla »

Skepdick wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:18 am
Atla wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:17 am No, it was about change in time which is the 4th dimension. Or maybe you don't even understand what you wrote.
No it isn't.

And if you want change the location too without changing the statement, then that's a fallacy in all 4 dimensions which is even worse.

Skepdick.. did you ever finish school?
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Atla wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:20 am
No it isn't.
Great! Then answer the question.

How long does it take for truth to become falsehood; and at which instant in time does the transition happen?
Atla wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:20 am And if you want change the location too without changing the statement, then that's a fallacy in all 4 dimensions which is even worse.

Skepdick.. did you ever finish school?
Do you need some toilet paper for your brain?
Atla

Post by Atla »

Skepdick wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:32 am
Atla wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:20 am
No it isn't.
Great! Then answer the question.

How long does it take for truth to become falsehood; and at which instant in time does the transition happen?
Again, our statements about the natural world are approximations, and it depends on the circumstances how long they can be said to hold. If you need help with answering anything else that's obvious and well-known, let me know.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Atla wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:01 pm Again, our statements about the natural world are approximations, and it depends on the circumstances how long they can be said to hold. If you need help with answering anything else that's obvious and well-known, let me know.
Now that you are prancing victorious, can I conclude that you've gotten all the knowledge you needed out of my head?
Atla

Post by Atla »

Skepdick wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:47 pm
Atla wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:01 pm Again, our statements about the natural world are approximations, and it depends on the circumstances how long they can be said to hold. If you need help with answering anything else that's obvious and well-known, let me know.
Now that you are prancing victorious, can I conclude that you've gotten all the knowledge you needed out of my head?
You ask that after you wrote like 10 wrong comments in a row, which could be some kind of record?
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Atla wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:53 pm
You ask that after you wrote like 10 wrong comments in a row, which could be some kind of record?
You've stopped with the contrarian/edgelord act and moved onto closure.

Seems you were wrapping up your silly philosophical dance.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Skepdick wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:02 pm

Just because you didn't go to school and have never heard of the 4 dimensions of classical physics for example, doesn't mean that I'm a contrarian, an edgelord, seek closure or am doing some philosophical dancing.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Atla wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:09 pm
Skepdick wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:02 pm

Just because you didn't go to school and have never heard of the 4 dimensions of classical physics for example, doesn't mean that I'm a contrarian, an edgelord, seek closure or am doing some philosophical dancing.
Negate the negation!
Atla

Post by Atla »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:08 am You aren't alone, Dialetheism asserts that there are true contradictions. It just comes at a cost.
Here's a good Youtuber (Kane B) discussing the notion.
There are true contradictions
What he talks about in the video, gave me cancer, and I didn't even make it to the 10 minute mark. Yes if we want to have (and not have) nonsensical contradictions, then we will have (and not have) nonsensical contradictions. Like both using and not using the "and" operator on the two rules on "wulture". Super useful stuff.