Is it Wrong to Put Faith in Humanity?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Is it Wrong to Put Faith in Humanity?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:19 am
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:56 am You're talking about him instead of to him.
Have you noticed how often posters here end up talk about me, instead of conversing with me?
At least we aren't talking about you to someone who isn't even on the forum in the present tense. According to you, we're all "back in the days when this was written". I'll roll with the punches if you want to blame me for something (and you do plenty when you talk about "you adults"), but if you're going to start sounding like some sort of oracle or prophet or whatever you think you are, then I'm out.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:36 am
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:32 am For me, it's intentionally killing other people against their will. The reason I deem it evil is that it would be the ultimate evil someone could commit against me. It's the ultimate act of which I am unable to approve of if I had given no consent. People can steal from me and it's very annoying, but murder is a whole different ball game. It's the ultimate wrong that you can do someone against their will as far as I'm aware.
So, to you, 'evil' is only the most ultimate wrong, like killing another against their will, correct?
It seems that way. Am I mistaken or wrong to think that?

¯\_(*_*)_/¯
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:37 am Image
I suppose that fits me in the padded room. I'd probably be writing "fuck off, Age" instead, though.
Last edited by Gary Childress on Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Although, I've never been in isolation in the mental hospital before. The techs and I usually get along very well and stay on good terms.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:08 am Although, I've never been in isolation in the mental hospital before. The techs and I usually get along very well and stay on good terms.
I doubt if there's any such thing any more, if there every was. Americans are so literal. It's so fucking tedious.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:17 am
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:08 am Although, I've never been in isolation in the mental hospital before. The techs and I usually get along very well and stay on good terms.
I doubt if there's any such thing any more, if there every was. Americans are so literal. It's so fucking tedious.
I apologize. Mental wards are very prevalent in my life and, though I've never been in an isolation room yet, I have been among those who have. It's very real. We still have isolation rooms in my backwater country. Heck, ECT is even still around here. They take us misfits very seriously here.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:21 am
Atla wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:15 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:51 pm https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us ... 2b15&ei=14

Why are the Houthis attacking sea vessels in the Red Sea? Iran, N. Korea, and their allies seem to be trying to destabilize the world. What is wrong with some people in this world? I try to find good in other people but I don't understand how anyone can do things like that. What is the matter with some right now that they find it necessary to seek physical violence and killing? Does anyone know? I can't for the life of me figure it out. It's like some demonic evil has gotten into them or taken hold of their minds. Surely no sane human would be doing this stuff to other human beings without good reason. :?:
When we define "good" as "being able to live in peace while sustaining the planet and the biosphere", about 80-85% of humans are evil. That's why.
Are humans "evil" for being born and needing to eat, drink, and enjoy sex and thus producing the results on the planet that we are seeing? Or should the creator of all that is (including the Earth and humans) have made the Earth more able to accommodate us? If we're headed for the next 'great extinction', then I'd say we've been short-changed. But yes, we need to cut back on our environment-degrading activities. I just wouldn't call us all "evil" for what amounts to being born and doing what we like to do. Maybe we're gluttons or something, but "evil" sounds a little harsh for being a glutton.
Not only are humans evil but the entire world is. It takes a lot of talent and effort to go against the natural evil order of things, only about 15-20% of people are capable of it. Which is not enough. There never was a 'humanity' and there probably never will be, which pains me too as I believed in humanity for the longest time too.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Atla wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:14 am
When we define "good" as "being able to live in peace while sustaining the planet and the biosphere", about 80-85% of humans are evil. That's why.
Are humans "evil" for being born and needing to eat, drink, and enjoy sex and thus producing the results on the planet that we are seeing? Or should the creator of all that is (including the Earth and humans) have made the Earth more able to accommodate us? If we're headed for the next 'great extinction', then I'd say we've been short-changed. But yes, we need to cut back on our environment-degrading activities. I just wouldn't call us all "evil" for what amounts to being born and doing what we like to do. Maybe we're gluttons or something, but "evil" sounds a little harsh for being a glutton.
Not only are humans evil but the entire world is. It takes a lot of talent and effort to go against that, only about 15-20% of people are capable of it.
80% of humans aren't out murdering each other. Nature, God, or whatever created the world, we humans didn't. I may hijack the sub and evacuate the seamen once in a while but I'm not the one who created the really good feeling that comes from it. Just about everything pleasurable in this world in terms of dopamine seems to involve doing something wrong or unhealthy. Noble deeds all seem to involve going against the more pleasurable. I mean, we're so used to it that many of us take it for granted and don't even dare say how fucked up that is. Whoever or whatever created the universe must think it's great to tempt people to do evil. Of course, according to the Bible, God also told Abraham to sacrifice his son.

I believe Kierkegaard made the comment somewhere about life beginning with tears and ending in death indicating that the world wasn't created for pleasure. My reply would be why not? What kind of creator creates a world like this?
Atla

Post by Atla »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:38 am

Not only are humans evil but the entire world is. It takes a lot of talent and effort to go against that, only about 15-20% of people are capable of it.
80% of humans aren't out murdering each other. Nature, God, or whatever created the world, we humans didn't. I may hijack the sub and evacuate the seamen once in a while but I'm not the one who created the really good feeling that comes from it. Just about everything pleasurable in this world in terms of dopamine seems to involve doing something wrong or unhealthy. Noble deeds all seem to involve going against the more pleasurable. I mean, we're so used to it that many of us take it for granted and don't even dare say how fucked up that is. Whoever or whatever created the universe must think it's great to tempt people to do evil. Of course, according to the Bible, God also told Abraham to sacrifice his son.

I believe Kierkegaard made the comment somewhere about life beginning with tears and ending in death indicating that the world wasn't created for pleasure. My reply would be why not? What kind of creator creates a world like this?
Well I'd argue that the final nuclear war will be inevitable by 2050 and most humans contribute to it so we are out murdering each other.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:38 am

At least most people mean well, but are simply not intelligent enough. Evil comes in many forms, the most widespread is stupidity. Then there's the lack of empathy kind of evil. Then there's the malignance kind of evil, like actively wanting to hurt and kill others. Then there's the delusional evil like Age. And so on, there are more. Stupidity and some others can't be fixed. So the world never even gave us a chance. That's why I think the world itself is 'evil' and should be rebuilt from scratch.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:43 am
Age wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:19 am
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:56 am You're talking about him instead of to him.
Have you noticed how often posters here end up talk about me, instead of conversing with me?
At least we aren't talking about you to someone who isn't even on the forum in the present tense. According to you, we're all "back in the days when this was written". I'll roll with the punches if you want to blame me for something (and you do plenty when you talk about "you adults"), but if you're going to start sounding like some sort of oracle or prophet or whatever you think you are, then I'm out.
Okay. But is how you receive me all up to me, all up to you, or a combination of both?

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:57 am
Age wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:36 am
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:32 am For me, it's intentionally killing other people against their will. The reason I deem it evil is that it would be the ultimate evil someone could commit against me. It's the ultimate act of which I am unable to approve of if I had given no consent. People can steal from me and it's very annoying, but murder is a whole different ball game. It's the ultimate wrong that you can do someone against their will as far as I'm aware.
So, to you, 'evil' is only the most ultimate wrong, like killing another against their will, correct?
It seems that way. Am I mistaken or wrong to think that?

¯\_(*_*)_/¯
you are never wrong to think some thing nor when you share what seems or appears to you. But you are always Wrong when you believe some thing is true, when it is not.

As for 'evil' itself, I would not associate it with only the apparent most ultimate wrong, like killing a human being against their will might be perceived to be.

'evil', to me, could be just doing what ultimately goes against the natural order of living a thing, and/or what goes against or the opposite of what is needed to live, properly and Correctly.

So, all forms of what is morally Wrong, in Life, could be classed as or called 'evil', which would obviously include greed, child abuse, and dishonesty. Which, by the way, are the three main causes, or roots, of all the Wrong in 'the world'.

Dishonesty, being the root of all evil.
Child abuse, being the second cause of all evil. And,
Greed, being the third root of all the evil in 'the world'.

But then again, I do not use the 'evil' word when I talk about or discuss the Wrong that is done by human beings. Instead of calling all behavior that causes people to not live properly, 'evil', I separate that misbehaving into the two things of Wrong, and bad. All behavior that goes against the natural way of living is Wrong, but only some it is 'bad'.

Post by Age »

Not only are humans evil but the entire world is.
Human beings are never 'evil'. Just like there is no human being that is 'good', nor 'bad'.

But all adult human beings do do Wrong, and good.
It takes a lot of talent and effort to go against the natural evil order of things, only about 15-20% of people are capable of it.
This here was one of the prime examples they would use, back then, when they were trying to justify and/or rationalize their obviously Wrong behaviors.

Human beings are naturally very loving and caring beings.

Some, however, and very sadly, but Truly understandably, have just learned, along the way, to hate and to be cruel to others.

And, because of the absolutely amazing ability within human beings to be able to learn and reason absolutely any and every thing, some have learned to reason/justify, to themselves, and a select few only, their Wrong thinking, and behaving.
Atla wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:14 am Which is not enough. There never was a 'humanity' and there probably never will be, which pains me too as I believed in humanity for the longest time too.
Okay.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:02 am

Not only are humans evil but the entire world is.
Human beings are never 'evil'. Just like there is no human being that is 'good', nor 'bad'.

But all adult human beings do do Wrong, and good.
It takes a lot of talent and effort to go against the natural evil order of things, only about 15-20% of people are capable of it.
This here was one of the prime examples they would use, back then, when they were trying to justify and/or rationalize their obviously Wrong behaviors.

Human beings are naturally very loving and caring beings.

Some, however, and very sadly, but Truly understandably, have just learned, along the way, to hate and to be cruel to others.

And, because of the absolutely amazing ability within human beings to be able to learn and reason absolutely any and every thing, some have learned to reason/justify, to themselves, and a select few only, their Wrong thinking, and behaving.
Atla wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:14 am Which is not enough. There never was a 'humanity' and there probably never will be, which pains me too as I believed in humanity for the longest time too.
Okay.
Why don't you stop making claims when you no longer have any idea about anything?

You're a delusional idiot who thinks she's God. Had your brain bleached with meds and you forgot everything except that you're God. I assume you don't work so you're a parasite on society. You are a lesser kind of 'evil'.