The true left is not woke

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

popeye1945

Re: The true left is not woke

Post by popeye1945 »

Constantine wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:30 am
popeye1945 wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:20 am
Consul wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:53 pm

Yes, what matters for gender theory are subjective gender feels rather than objective gender facts; but it is sexist to say that the subjectivism and emotionalism we find in wokeism is a sign of "the feminization of society." You may call it a sign of irrationalization that affects both women and men.
Tell me your theory on how this workerism through process came to be, it seems particular to the west, much of the world is laughing their asses off. How does such chaos as multi-genderism and victimhood come about if not what I feel I watched develop? The height of militant feminism and it anti-male stance then uniting with the gay movement, and a general belief that all damaged people were victims of the middle-aged white male. You've got the floor, who do you think were the shaker and movers.
Marcuse had a hand. From political correctness to Occupy Wall Street and BLM. It has all the elements of a CIA Operation but done via leftist groups. Switching from the proletariat to rich entitled college students exploring their identity and sexuality for the first time as the true revolutionaries, and the rest of society being weirded out and confused by these weird protests.
Why does this then affect in a self-righteous way mostly the female population? I am not saying you're wrong, but to a layperson at least it sure looks like the process I underlined. Perhaps it is a bit too deep for me. If it is as you say, the purpose must have been to create chaos, that does sound like the CIA doesn't it. I suppose chaos makes people easier to manage, like cattle---home of the brave land of the free! I shall read you with greater care.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

EXCELLENT POST!
Constantine

Post by Constantine »

I don't know precisely why women get screwed the hardest. I lived in SF during Occupy Wall Street. Most Trans were homeless, died quickly due to gender transitioning not ushering in the expected paradise. The gay theorists in philosophy circles were not well organized. Code Pink was doing the marcuse protests (laying down dead on private property and making a ruckus). But they still differed from the encampment tactics of occupied wall street. I guess the groups just merged after I left the area, and the male turned tyranny envy of women turned on women like a class enemy.

I believe I heard BLM evolved out of Richard Dawking's group. We also had a few renegade colleges across the US preaching this weird shit prior.

I will point out SF had a class system. Gay men opposed Lesbians but united for protests. Lesbians opposed men in general. Gay men opposed transsexuals fiercely due to worries of them being eclipsed by them, because transsexuals had their own anti discrimination classification.... so Gays got pissed and never hired them, thinking they couldn't fire what was essentially just a gay guy wearing a skirt.... and the lesbians of course wanted nothing to do with them either as they saw it as a mockery of womanhood by men.

They had low lifespans. Died of overdoses homeless on Jones St. Now they run the pentagon. In a decade flat. They just rode the gravy train of all these groups merging. I think the universities helped the networking but also social media and AI suggestions and search engines.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

James Lindsay's book, "Race Marxism" covers the story of this. But you can also read about it in the introduction to one of the most Wokie textbooks ever, Gottesman's "The Critical Turn in Education." So you can get the same story from two sides, the center or the Left. They essentially review the same history.

Marcuse did have something to do with it, as did Gramsci, Freire, and a bunch of more recent loonies. But the guy who got the whole thing rolling originally was a nasty old bit of work named Karl Marx. Today's radical Left is simply Neo-Marxism rebooted along lines of race, gender, sex, disability, etc.
Consul

Post by Consul »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:43 am At least he wasn't a Nazi, I suppose.
Of course he wasn't. He was Jewish, a Marxist Jew—the sort of person Nazis really don't like.
Last edited by Consul on Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Constantine

Post by Constantine »

Oh.... forgot to mention. Nobody liked Nancy Pelosi (I knew her unfortunately) but everyone went after her in fund raising. She could do national as well as bay area net working as a socialite. All the various neighborhoods contributed while thinking she was a bitch. But none of the neighborhoods, divided by economic class and severe racial and or sexual animosity got along.... blacks would say there were two democratic parties, rich coder kids never interacted with them save to buy drugs, Gays stuck to the Castro, rich to a few very different neighborhoods, Asians in two neighborhoods, Hispanics and blacks segregated even in section 8 housing..... all these groups didn't get along but contributed. Notice these groups exist also on the national stage in a dog eat dog kind of political scrable today, but over the last decade got along better. I think it was part of that organizing push of universities and internet. Now BLM has little to do with the white hippy occupy Wallstreet crowd. They know better. You'll still see them rioting together, but that's the hard-core activists.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Constantine wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:58 am I don't know precisely why women get screwed the hardest. I lived in SF during Occupy Wall Street. Most Trans were homeless, died quickly due to gender transitioning not ushering in the expected paradise. The gay theorists in philosophy circles were not well organized. Code Pink was doing the marcuse protests (laying down dead on private property and making a ruckus). But they still differed from the encampment tactics of occupied wall street. I guess the groups just merged after I left the area, and the male turned tyranny envy of women turned on women like a class enemy.

I believe I heard BLM evolved out of Richard Dawking's group. We also had a few renegade colleges across the US preaching this weird shit prior.

I will point out SF had a class system. Gay men opposed Lesbians but united for protests. Lesbians opposed men in general. Gay men opposed transsexuals fiercely due to worries of them being eclipsed by them, because transsexuals had their own anti discrimination classification.... so Gays got pissed and never hired them, thinking they couldn't fire what was essentially just a gay guy wearing a skirt.... and the lesbians of course wanted nothing to do with them either as they saw it as a mockery of womanhood by men.

They had low lifespans. Died of overdoses homeless on Jones St. Now they run the pentagon. In a decade flat. They just rode the gravy train of all these groups merging. I think the universities helped the networking but also social media and AI suggestions and search engines.
Who the fuck is 'Richard Dawking'? Is that the love child of Richard Dawkins and Stephen Hawking? FFS. And what on earth does he have to do with BLM??
Constantine

Post by Constantine »

I'll look for some of his videos in a bit on it. He was pretty pissed off, witnessed the beginning of BLM emerge right before his eyes. I'm not a fan of either.
Constantine

Post by Constantine »

Okay.... only videos I'm seeing are Dawkins vs Jordan Petersen- time to reset my browser (can't stand either of them). I'll source it within the next few days once I figure out how to properly search for it, the algorithm is against me.

I recall he is outspoken against them, but that's about as interesting to me as a Marxist and Nazi not getting along, two near identical groups in a squabble, and I like neither. I just recall him lambasting them when they first rose up in his group.
Consul

Post by Consul »

Consul wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:53 pm Yes, what matters for gender theory are subjective gender feels rather than objective gender facts; but it is sexist to say that the subjectivism and emotionalism we find in wokeism is a sign of "the feminization of society." You may call it a sign of irrationalization that affects both women and men.
Tell me your theory on how this workerism through process came to be, it seems particular to the west, much of the world is laughing their asses off. How does such chaos as multi-genderism and victimhood come about if not what I feel I watched develop? The height of militant feminism and it anti-male stance then uniting with the gay movement, and a general belief that all damaged people were victims of the middle-aged white male. You've got the floor, who do you think were the shaker and movers.
Feminism wants to de-patriarchize society, to end male dominance over women, which I consider as a laudable political goal. If "feminizing" society means establishing the equality of the sexes, what's wrong with it?

FYI: By "woke feminism" I don't mean second-wave feminism but third-wave feminism with its postmodern "natural sex doesn't matter (or doesn't even exist)" attitude and its "intersectional" inclusion of "transwomen"—about which "gender-critical" feminists of the older type (the ones called "TERFS" by their enemies) aren't happy at all, because natural sex as an objective state of the body still matters to them and their feminist cause.
Consul

Post by Consul »

Constantine wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:58 am I believe I heard BLM evolved out of Richard Dawking's group.
What?!
Constantine

Post by Constantine »

How am I the only one who knows this?
Constantine

Post by Constantine »

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/peop ... 61041.html

Guy has too many damn scandals to search through.

Basically they were having a debate a few years back and the proto-BLM group was in the crowd, then they got offended, came up and started doing the word salad speech. Richard didn't know how to take this and said nope. They said yes, and kept going, then exited. Then Dawkins did some interviews.

Problem is I can only get his supposedly transpobic stuff up after my browser reset. The Jordan Petersen stuff is gone. I'm not even searching for that stuff. I'll look for a but longer then reset again and look in the morning.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Constantine wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:57 am How am I the only one who knows this?
Because it's bs?
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Consul wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:31 am
Consul wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:53 pm Yes, what matters for gender theory are subjective gender feels rather than objective gender facts; but it is sexist to say that the subjectivism and emotionalism we find in wokeism is a sign of "the feminization of society." You may call it a sign of irrationalization that affects both women and men.
Tell me your theory on how this workerism through process came to be, it seems particular to the west, much of the world is laughing their asses off. How does such chaos as multi-genderism and victimhood come about if not what I feel I watched develop? The height of militant feminism and it anti-male stance then uniting with the gay movement, and a general belief that all damaged people were victims of the middle-aged white male. You've got the floor, who do you think were the shaker and movers?
Feminism wants to de-patriarch society, to end male dominance over women, which I consider as a laudable political goal. If "feminizing" society means establishing the equality of the sexes, what's wrong with it?

FYI: By "woke feminism" I don't mean second-wave feminism but third-wave feminism with its postmodern "natural sex doesn't matter (or doesn't even exist)" attitude and its "intersectional" inclusion of "transwomen"—about which "gender-critical" feminists of the older type (the ones called "TERFS" by their enemies) aren't happy at all, because natural sex as an objective state of the body still matters to them and their feminist cause.
It's the world of the absurd is not?