I resign

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Alexis Jacobi

Re: I resign

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

Skepdick wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:09 pm
Alexis Jacobi wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:18 pm There is Salvia divinorum: Sage Goddess Emerald Essence which is not illegal.
It's too unpredictable and really aggressive as a psychedelic. It has left me petrified more than once.
Not the tincture. Trust me on this one.
It also doesn't act at the serotonin receptors of the brain so it's not as effective at countering depression as psilocybin or LSD.
About that I know nothing.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:11 pm
Skepdick wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:09 pm It also doesn't act at the serotonin receptors of the brain so it's not as effective at countering depression as psilocybin or LSD.
Then why should he "trust" you on any sort of use of it?
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:28 pm
Skepdick wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:09 pm It also doesn't act at the serotonin receptors of the brain so it's not as effective at countering depression as psilocybin or LSD.
Then why should he "trust" you on any sort of use of it?
I merely said that salvia divinorum 1) is not illegal and 2) that the tincture is quite different from the common means of ingestion (smoking).

I do not know about the use of psilocybin or LSD as a potential therapy for any mental condition ("About that I know nothing" I said). But I can say that salvia, in my case, offered alternatives to 'mind-sets' which I had been living in.

He can 'trust' me' when I say that a mild to medium dose of the tincture does not produce a Terrence McKenna DMT-like blast-the-world-away type experience that some users of smoked salvia have reported. All sorts of information like this can be found on-line of course (and I have read on the entheogen sites).
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:48 pm He can 'trust' me' when I say that a mild to medium dose of the tincture does not produce a Terrence McKenna DMT-like blast-the-world-away type experience that some users of smoked salvia have reported.
What, it's impossible or it has not as far as you know? Or are you a physician who has studied the matter in depth?
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

What physicians or clinicians are you aware of who “study the matte in depth”?

No one writing on this thread has such a background. Some seem to have personal experience and personal anecdotes.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:33 pm What physicians or clinicians are you aware of who “study the matte in depth”?

No one writing on this thread has such a background. Some seem to have personal experience and personal anecdotes.
Fair enough.
seeds

Post by seeds »

Skepdick wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:09 pm
Alexis Jacobi wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:18 pm There is Salvia divinorum: Sage Goddess Emerald Essence which is not illegal.
It's too unpredictable and really aggressive as a psychedelic. It has left me petrified more than once.
It also doesn't act at the serotonin receptors of the brain so it's not as effective at countering depression as psilocybin or LSD.
From personal experience, I would suggest that when it comes to drastically changing one's psychological outlook, LSD would be more on the order of what the opposite of a lobotomy might achieve.

In other words, instead of removing parts of the brain in order to allegedly "help" a depressed or psychotic person, but end up with something like this...

...with LSD, you end up with something more akin to this...

So, by all means, therapies involving entheogens is the way to go.
_______
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"who studies the matter in depth”?

i once read Food Of The Gods while in a submarine thirty miles off the coast of Florida, so technically i have studied the subject matter in depth.

okay, okay, I'll stop. it's gonna be hard tho, man.
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

First, glad to know that McMurphy was only acting in that scene.

Second, now that my memory has been kindled, I remember a mountain cabin in Colorado in the dark of winter with a fire going and under the effect of a certain entheogen . . . when Suzi K. busted out her guitar and sang The Tinker's Coin.

Hard to explain the effect. It did not diminish however.

Lyrics

Sidhe is a Gaelic word . . .
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

So, OP, resignation is not an option. It's a kinda pseudo-x where x stands for something 9 out of 10 consider really, really bad.