Racist and Homophibic Republicans

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Skepdick

Re: Racist and Homophibic Republicans

Post by Skepdick »

Sculptor wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:22 am Congratulations!!!

Your thread has been nominated for The Tautology of the Week Award
Why, thank you! Indeed. I speak only Truth.
In mathematical logic, a tautology (from Greek: ταυτολογία) is a formula or assertion that is true in every possible interpretation.
Last edited by Skepdick on Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Skepdick wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:51 am
Ansiktsburk wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:32 am What has that vote have to do with Racism at all?
Somebody doesn't understand how revealed preference works. It has everything to do with voting behavior.

When I feel strongly for something - I support it.
When I feel strongly against something - I oppose it.
When I have no strong feelings either way - I abstain from taking a side on the issue.
Ansiktsburk wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:32 am And, myself having none whatsoever problem with who marries who
Precisely. So if I made you vote on the issue - you could abstain from taking a side. Thus letting the matter be decided by those who are negatively affected by (and therefore feel strongly about) the issue.

Ansiktsburk wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:32 am the US Republican stance has always appeared to be that a conservative one, that the traditional marriage construct is the one that gives stability and works best for society.
Ansiktsburk wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:32 am While only partially agreeing, I see no homphobia in that, just a statement that same sex marriages is not beneficial for society.
Why are you addressing only half of the issue here?

Marriage between people with different genitals is legally recognized.
Marriage between people with the same genitals is not legally recognized.

If you are climing that the latter is "not beneficial to society" the onus to justify that claim is on you.

Marriage between people of the same races is legally recognises.
Marriage between people of different races is actively opposed by Republicans.

If you are climing that the latter is "not beneficial to society" the onus to justify that claim is on you.
Ansiktsburk wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:32 am Which of course do not rule out that congressmen and others have personal objections.
Precisely the point!

The lack of personal objection to people of same race marying + the presence of personal objection to people of different races marrying is what we call "racism".

The lack of personal objection to people of different genitals marrying + the presence of personal objection to people of the same genitals marrying is what we call "homophobia".

Ansiktsburk wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:32 am Heck, being far left of democrats as a slightly left wing Scandinavian, I have no personal love for same sex connections. On an intellectual plane and as far as legislation goes I strongly support all rights, have personally helped friends to come out of the cupboard(closet? My english fails me here) and cherish the happiness they get. But I hate to see any intimacy between persons of the same sex. If thats homophobia I am homophobic. Simply do not like it. But my likes and dislikes should not rule the world.
Yes. It's homophobia. And precisely that your likes and dislikes should not rule the world.

When you recognize that your likes and dislikes should not rule the world you abstain from voting. That's what grown ups do.
When you fail to recognize that your likes and dislikes should rule the world - you vote whichever you feel. That's what Republicans do.
So people can't have personal likes or dislikes now? Go fuck yourself.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:53 am So people can't have personal likes or dislikes now? Go fuck yourself.
Not when you are a fucking senator.

Your personal bullshit needs to be voiced on a couch. With a shrink. Not on a ballot.

Don't make your personal shit other people's problem!
vegetariantaxidermy

Skepdick wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:55 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:53 am So people can't have personal likes or dislikes now? Go fuck yourself.
Not when you are a fucking senator.

Your personal bullshit needs to be voiced on a couch. With a shrink. Not on a ballot.

Don't make your personal shit other people's problem!
Is A a senator?
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:57 am Is A a senator?
Which part of the context was lost/wasted on you?
Skepdick wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:24 pm 157 out of 213 Republicans voted against the Respect for Marriage Act
75% of Republicans have strong feelings against the legality of my marriage. Because her skin color is different to mine.
vegetariantaxidermy

Skepdick wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:58 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:57 am Is A a senator?
Which part of the context was lost/wasted on you?
Skepdick wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:24 pm 157 out of 213 Republicans voted against the Respect for Marriage Act
75% of Republicans have strong feelings against the legality of my marriage. Because her skin color is different to mine.
That would be different 'from'. Well that's what you get when you live in a country of religious nuts.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Skepdick wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:24 pm 157 out of 213 Republicans voted against the Respect for Marriage Act.

They didn't have to vote fot it; or against it - they had the option to abstain.

75% of Republicans are actively against the legality of same sex and interracial marriages.

How can we keep pretending that racism and homophibia aren't the defining characteristics of the Republican party?
I would think the republicans are probably against homosexual marriage. They are pretty open about that. As far as interacial marriage I'b be very surprised if it's their agenada to prevent it. What makes you say the Republicans are trying to prevent interacial marriage?