The Insidious Power of Pronoun Discrimination

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Kayla

Re:

Post by Kayla »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:50 am My 'sample size' is what I find readin' the paper.
could you be more specific

which paper would this be?

have you ever been at a site of an event that was reported in the news? Or have you ever read a news report on a subject with which you are fairly familiar?

if you have, odds are that you would notice that at least some important details are missing
vegetariantaxidermy

Re:

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:21 pm As I see it: none of this has to do with a 'generation gap' and everything to do with 'normalizing' insanity (transgenderism/fluid genderism).

The student in the piece is a crazy person or a shit stirrer (cuz he's a guy, not a girl). The prof, rightfully, refuses to play along.
This is true. Schizophrenics are next on the list. Apparently schizophrenics are now simply 'normal' people who just happen to 'hear voices' and hallucinate constantly. So next time a cross-dressing, hallucinating 'madman' (apology to the snowflakes on here) who is screaming and arguing with himself, knocks on your door and says that voices are telling him that he has to kill you with the axe he is holding, invite him in for a nice cup of tea.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
henry quirk

"which paper would this be?"

Post by henry quirk »

I read several in the course of a week.

Not really seein' what that has to do with the thread's topic.

#

"invite him in for a nice cup of tea."

He'll have coffee and he'll like it, or else.
vegetariantaxidermy

Re: The Insidious Power of Pronoun Discrimination

Only if you grind your own beans. That's the only coffee that counts. And help him carry his wood-chipper into the back yard.
Greta

Re:

Post by Greta »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:21 pm As I see it: none of this has to do with a 'generation gap' and everything to do with 'normalizing' insanity (transgenderism/fluid genderism).

The student in the piece is a crazy person or a shit stirrer (cuz he's a guy, not a girl). The prof, rightfully, refuses to play along.
Oh yes, I'm sure it must be terrific fun for a male to go around in feminine attire being harassed, ostracised and hated. And then to even be pointlessly routinely humiliated by a professor he's paid to educate him in a way completely unrelated to the course material. Is that your idea of fun?

People here speak as though it's only good character and discipline keeping us all from having sex with the same gender and presenting as the opposite one. What if the behaviour is not just a bit of jolly self-destruction done for shits and giggles but a serious disconnect between a person and their gender's expectations?

Do you believe that all transsexualism is insane or just this example? Do you think gays are insane too?
henry quirk

HA!

Post by henry quirk »

Veg,

He'll drink the rotgut I offer (and he'll take it black, cuz I got no sugar & cream), and he'll lug his own damn wood chipper.

He'll wipe his feet before comin' in the house.

And: he'll flush twice if he uses the can.

Whatever I got on the TV is what he'll watch, and when I say 'lights out!' the lights 'will' go out.

And if his psycho-ass don't like it, or anything else, then he can get the hell out.

And: no, he can't have a loan (of anything). And: no, I won't drive him to the grocery. And: no, he can't have my Devil Dogs (cuz they're MINE goddamn it!).

#

"sure it must be terrific fun for a male to go around in feminine attire being harassed, ostracised and hated."

If he's a nutjob, then who knows what floats his boat. If he's just a commie-ass shit stirrer then that's the kinda fuel his motor runs on.
Last edited by henry quirk on Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Re:

Greta wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:57 pm

Oh yes, I'm sure it must be terrific fun for a male to go around in feminine attire being harassed, ostracised and hated. And then to even be pointlessly routinely humiliated by a professor he's paid to educate him in a way completely unrelated to the course material. Is that your idea of fun?

People here speak as though it's only good character and discipline keeping us all from having sex with the same gender and presenting as the opposite one. What if the behaviour is not just a bit of jolly self-destruction done for shits and giggles but a serious disconnect between a person and their gender's expectations?

Do you believe that all transsexualism is insane or just this example? Do you think gays are insane too?
Talk about hyperbole. How is he being 'routinely humiliated'? It's not my job to make men who dress as women feel good about themselves. I only care about what is true. The professor took the stand he did for the wrong reasons (religious reasons are always wrong), but that still doesn't make the whiny one a female.
henry quirk

"Do you believe that all transsexualism is insane(?)"

Post by henry quirk »

By defintion: yep.

#

"What if the behaviour is not just a bit of jolly self-destruction done for shits and giggles but a serious disconnect between a person and their gender's expectations?"

In other words: what if he's not a shit stirrer but is a crazy person?

Offer him treatment (not sex reassignment). If he declines, leave him be (but NEVER participate in his delusion).
Greta

Re: Re:

Post by Greta »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:14 pm
Greta wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:57 pm

Talk about hyperbole. How is he being 'routinely humiliated'? It's not my job to make men who dress as women feel good about themselves. I only care about what is true. The professor took the stand he did for the wrong reasons (religious reasons are always wrong), but that still doesn't make the whiny one a female.
Do people have to be female to be called "her"? Most are happy to call Dame Edna Everage "she" and it doesn't mean she's a woman, just a feminine character. Given what a tough gig that is, I think anyone without hangups or insecurities can easily cut them some slack.
Greta

Re: "Do you believe that all transsexualism is insane(?)"

Post by Greta »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:20 pm By defintion: yep.

#

"What if the behaviour is not just a bit of jolly self-destruction done for shits and giggles but a serious disconnect between a person and their gender's expectations?"

In other words: what if he's not a shit stirrer but is a crazy person?

Offer him treatment (not sex reassignment). If he declines, leave him be (but NEVER participate in his delusion).
Your ideas are about half a century behind and disregard much evidence based on history, observation and brain scans that gender is mostly, but not truly, binary and some individuals will be more middling than others.
henry quirk

too late to delete, so instead I replace with...

Post by henry quirk »

:neutral:
Last edited by henry quirk on Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

"Do people have to be female to be called "her"?"

Yeah.

#

"Most are happy to call Dame Edna Everage "she" and it doesn't mean she's a woman, just a feminine character."

A character created by a professional actor, somebody paid to act.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dame_Edna_Everage

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_Humphries

#

"Your ideas are about half a century behind"

Old is not synonymous with outdated.

#

"and disregard much evidence based on history, observation and brain scans that gender is mostly, but not truly, binary and some individuals will be more middling than others."

Yeah, I'm sure you can throw anecdotes (cuz that's mostly what 'history' & 'observations' are) and 'science' at me to support your view. I can do the same. Let's just say we did and agree to disagree (cuz you ain't convincin' me and vice versa).
Greta

Henry, you are not a libertarian

Post by Greta »

Let people be free to have sex changes if that's what they need without being given attitude and crap from people who are simply paid to provide a service. Not all oppression comes from gummint.
henry quirk

being 'libertarian' (or individualst anarchist) doesn't make me neutral

Post by henry quirk »

Of course the nutjobs can surgically mutilate themselves!

However: all the mutilations under the sun won't turn a guy into a girl, and if Joe, in the guise of Josephine, sez otherwise, I'll call HIM a damned fool, liar, and loon to HIS face.

Can we agree to disagree NOW?
Greta

Libertarians are supposed to live and let live

Post by Greta »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:20 am Of course the nutjobs can surgically mutilate themselves!

However: all the mutilations under the sun won't turn a guy into a girl, and if Joe, in the guise of Josephine, sez otherwise, I'll call HIM a damned fool, liar, and loon to HIS face.

Can we agree to disagree NOW?
Can't people just be themselves without some SOCIAL CONSERVATIVE REACTIONARY imposing their opinions on them. Why attack someone you don't know and know nothing about? Why poke your interfering conservative reactionary nose into their business?

Some libertarian. Your take on liberty means crapping on the weak because you can. That's not liberty, it's tribal social conservatism.