Deleted Thread?

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Immanuel Can

Re: Deleted Thread?

Post by Immanuel Can »

AMod wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:56 am Exactly!

Your obsession with yourselves and your politics is a snooze fest and more suited to an American politics forum so take it there or at the very least try to make a philosophical point. Do you see the Brits filling this forum with such stuff even though they are in the most divisive political times in decades?

Amod.
What about rechannelling the discussion?

Why not talk more broadly about what sort of rationale is bifurcating all political discourse in the West into us-and-them? It really is quite extraordinary...I cannot recall the like in history. And it's happening everywhere, at the same time.

That might be a less-confrontational way to address the issue. Just saying.
henry quirk

"bifurcating all political discourse"

Post by henry quirk »

As I recall, in a *poofed* thread, I probed this division. I posted sumthin' about how even though the division was largely subjective, it seemed to me it could be labeled 'libertarian' vs 'communitarian' (or, one vs many, 'I' vs' We'). I posted about how after one strips away the irrelevancies, a body is left with these two essential lines of thinkin'. I went on to explain my reasoning (which I won't replicate here). All my philosophizin' didn't save the thread.

So: my philosophizin' was substandard, or, somebody else tellin' big, fat, friggin' lies about why some threads stay and others go.

But: enough of this.

I'll be 'good' (till it suits me to do otherwise).
AMod

Post by AMod »

henry quirk wrote: I think some of us did, in the variety of threads you *poofed*.

But: no worries, pal. Me: not gonna bring up the FART of the CRAP again. I'll be good: only talk about 'categorical imperatives' and 'noumena' and 'numbers: reality or fiction?' and 'all is ONE' and whatever other stuff is acceptable.

And -- of course -- I'll turn a blind eye to any post wherein the CRAP is denigrated, cuz that's what's expected.

No worries.
There you go again!

I've lately been deleting all the posts that are just straight political rants from both sides of your partisan divide but I leave any that have a modicum of a philosophical point in the OP.

AMod.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

There you go again!
Yeah, I'm a stinker.