Show me where it says in the U.S. Constitution...

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bobevenson

Re: Show me where it says in the U.S. Constitution...

Post by bobevenson »

Philosophy Explorer wrote:
bobevenson wrote:Please, I've never said that. How many times have I mentioned the prophet John on the isle of Patmos who wrote the book of Revelation?
Has John ever presented mystical credentials?
The entire book is made up of mystical visions!
Philosophy Explorer

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

bobevenson wrote:
bobevenson wrote:Please, I've never said that. How many times have I mentioned the prophet John on the isle of Patmos who wrote the book of Revelation?
Has John ever presented mystical credentials?
The entire book is made up of mystical visions!
But anybody can do that, e.g. someone on drugs. We need more than that to convince us.

PhilX
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Isn't it delightfully ironic that you often find the people who bleat on about how wrong it is to 'generalise' are the ones justifying the mass murder of hundreds of thousands of innocent children, women and old men (many having long, drawn-out, torturous deaths) because of the actions of a few people that in all likelihood they had never even heard of, with the only connection being their race (another no no for the PC to get stuck into).
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Philosophy Explorer

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Isn't it delightfully ironic that you often find the people who bleat on about how wrong it is to 'generalise' are the ones justifying the mass murder of hundreds of thousands of innocent children, women and old men (many having, long, drawn-out, torturous deaths) because of the actions of a few people that in all likelihood they had never even heard of, with the only connection being their race (another no no for the PC to get stuck into).
But you're a mass murderer too.

PhilX
vegetariantaxidermy

bobevenson wrote:Please, cite me chapter and verse on doing anything except defense and protecting our own interests. What the hell are we doing in Syria, huh?
Do you approve of the chemicals that killed off the citizens?

PhilX
No one even knows who did that. The US attacked Syria in the first place using the excuse that Assad had authorised their use; there was no proof then, and there is none now. It made an awfully convenient excuse to blow up the country though. I'm sure that really helped the Syrian people.
Philosophy Explorer

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
bobevenson wrote:Please, cite me chapter and verse on doing anything except defense and protecting our own interests. What the hell are we doing in Syria, huh?

PhilX
No one even knows who did that. The US attacked Syria in the first place using the excuse that Assad had authorised their use; there was no proof then, and there is none now. It made an awfully convenient excuse to blow up the country though. I'm sure that really helped the Syrian people.
They already know who's responsible for the chemical attacks.

PhilX
Philosophy Explorer

PhilX
BTW you're still a mass murderer.

PhilX
vegetariantaxidermy

PhilX

PhilX
No. 'They' don't (whatever you mean by 'they'). The only ones who know are those responsible (unless that's what you meant by 'they').You believe anything that suits your agenda.
Philosophy Explorer

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: No one even knows who did that. The US attacked Syria in the first place using the excuse that Assad had authorised their use; there was no proof then, and there is none now. It made an awfully convenient excuse to blow up the country though. I'm sure that really helped the Syrian people.

PhilX
No. 'They' don't (whatever you mean by 'they'). The only ones who know are those responsible. You believe anything that suits your agenda.
In fact you don't know very much, do you? Let me correct myself. You do know how to misspell words. :lol:

PhilX
vegetariantaxidermy

PhilX
No. 'They' don't (whatever you mean by 'they'). The only ones who know are those responsible. You believe anything that suits your agenda.
In fact you don't know very much, do you? Let me correct myself. You do know how to misspell words. :lol:

PhilX
'Arguing' with you is like harassing a cripple, but at least there is a chance that you could increase your neural activity marginally. Harassing a cripple won't make him any more able-bodied.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

bobevenson wrote: Please, as I said earlier, "Add up Hiroshima, Nagasaki and Dresden, and you've got more civilian atrocities in three events that the world has never equaled."
No you 'please' mental boy. As you said,
bobevenson wrote:The Japanese didn't commit atrocities against civilians, ...

which is total bollocks.

The fact that others have done so as well makes no difference.
Philosophy Explorer

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: No. 'They' don't (whatever you mean by 'they'). The only ones who know are those responsible. You believe anything that suits your agenda.

PhilX
'Arguing' with you is like harassing a cripple, but at least there is a chance that you could increase your neural activity marginally. Harassing a cripple won't make him any more able-bodied.
I bet you don't have a license to practice medicine, no medical degree and it's apparent you can't do any doctoring across the internet. Heal yourself "doctor."

PhilX
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Arising_uk wrote:
bobevenson wrote: Please, as I said earlier, "Add up Hiroshima, Nagasaki and Dresden, and you've got more civilian atrocities in three events that the world has never equaled."
As you said,
bobevenson wrote:The Japanese didn't commit atrocities against civilians, ...

which is total bollocks.
As usual, you take everything out of context, the discussion was on specific events.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Philosophy Explorer wrote:They already know who's responsible for the chemical attacks.

PhilX
Not really. You'd have to have analysis on the ground and this is very difficult at present.

Assad's forces are the prime suspects but the other side also had stocks of chemical warfare as some of the other side was the Syrian Army once and the Jihadists have taken over military installations with their resources, so there is a slim chance that Assad's forces did hit a stockpile.

You also have to wonder why he'd do this as in the past it was when he thought he was losing that he used such stuff but he's well in the ascendant at present and would know what America's response would be I'd have thought. But maybe he and the Russians thought with all the Trump kerfuffle they could get away with it or more likely someone at a lower level just did it.

Still, I think America's response is the right one as whether or not they did it a clear signal should be made to the world about using such stuff as pretty much all of the world's nations have signed-up to not using them. Bit ironic tho' as I thought Trump's America did not want to be the worlds policeman and gave Russia pause for thought about their hopes for a less interventionist America with Trump.

As to the whole Syrian debacle, well the States are pretty much responsible in a way as they fomented the problem against the wishes of the Syrian people and on the whole it's just strengthened the Jihadists win or lose.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... propaganda
vegetariantaxidermy

Arising_uk wrote:
Philosophy Explorer wrote:They already know who's responsible for the chemical attacks.

PhilX
Not really. You'd have to have analysis on the ground and this is very difficult at present.

Assad's forces are the prime suspects but the other side also had stocks of chemical warfare as some of the other side was the Syrian Army once and the Jihadists have taken over military installations with their resources, so there is a slim chance that Assad's forces did hit a stockpile.

You also have to wonder why he'd do this as in the past it was when he thought he was losing that he used such stuff but he's well in the ascendant at present and would know what America's response would be I'd have thought. But maybe he and the Russians thought with all the Trump kerfuffle they could get away with it or more likely someone at a lower level just did it.

Still, I think America's response is the right one as whether or not they did it a clear signal should be made to the world about using such stuff as pretty much all of the world's nations have signed-up to not using them. Bit ironic tho' as I thought Trump's America did not want to be the worlds policeman and gave Russia pause for thought about their hopes for a less interventionist America with Trump.

As to the whole Syrian debacle, well the States are pretty much responsible in a way as they fomented the problem against the wishes of the Syrian people and on the whole it's just strengthened the Jihadists win or lose.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... propaganda
Yep. Just keep blowing them up more. Good idea. That will fix everything. I wonder if any of those responsible are being blown up. But still, if you blow up the whole country then you are bound to get some 'baddies' along with everyone else. Good 'strategy'. It could be applied to the whole planet. Just blow up the whole thing, that way you are sure to rid it of 'terror'. :D