XMAS: boon or bane. SPROUTS. Love them or hate them. It not just choice.

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Hobbes' Choice

Re: XMAS: boon or bane. SPROUTS. Love them or hate them. It not just choice.

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

SpheresOfBalance wrote: A Bunch of stupid insulting crap
PLONK!!!
Obvious Leo

Post by Obvious Leo »

SpheresOfBalance wrote:The real trick it seems, is to use fresh sprouts, not frozen, and to steam them until just al dente.
Yes. The fresher the better and select them carefully. The smaller ones need very little cooking and can even be sliced finely raw into a green salad. I have a large veggie garden but they're out of season for me at the moment so they are not our usual Xmas fare. In fact I haven't prepared a hot Xmas dinner for many years and I won't be doing so today either. It's going to be stinking hot so it'll be mostly salads, fruits and beers. (in no particular order).
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote: A Bunch of stupid insulting crap
PLONK!!!
Thank you! May I have another! ;)
SpheresOfBalance

Obvious Leo wrote:
SpheresOfBalance wrote:The real trick it seems, is to use fresh sprouts, not frozen, and to steam them until just al dente.
Yes. The fresher the better and select them carefully. The smaller ones need very little cooking and can even be sliced finely raw into a green salad. I have a large veggie garden but they're out of season for me at the moment so they are not our usual Xmas fare. In fact I haven't prepared a hot Xmas dinner for many years and I won't be doing so today either. It's going to be stinking hot so it'll be mostly salads, fruits and beers. (in no particular order).
So Leo, which is your favorite Brewery, Swan or Fosters? Or have things changed there, and one has bought out the other, or met some other type of demise?
Enjoy your day in any case!
Obvious Leo

Post by Obvious Leo »

I'm not a great fan of either, SOB, but we Aussies aren't generally too precious about such things. My favourite beer for the last many years has been Boag's Premium, a Tasmanian brew which I've developed quite a taste for. Having said that I'm sure you'll agree that the best beer is always the one which comes out of somebody elses fridge rather than one's own.

My best wishes to you for the festive season and go easy on the sprouts. No matter how much trouble you go to to prepare them it is an inescapable truth that sprouts cause flatulence and conspicuous farting is socially uncouth.
SpheresOfBalance

Obvious Leo wrote:I'm not a great fan of either, SOB, but we Aussies aren't generally too precious about such things. My favourite beer for the last many years has been Boag's Premium, a Tasmanian brew which I've developed quite a taste for. Having said that I'm sure you'll agree that the best beer is always the one which comes out of somebody elses fridge rather than one's own.
I'm a big "Newcastle Brown Ale" fan. YES! IT'S A BRITISH IMPORT. It's just one of the smoother brown beers that I've ever tried, and it's said that if one drinks alcohol, it should either be a 'dark' beer or 'red' wine, as they contain polyphenols or some other such compound that are actually beneficial, though not if consumed in excess.

My best wishes to you for the festive season and go easy on the sprouts. No matter how much trouble you go to to prepare them it is an inescapable truth that sprouts cause flatulence and conspicuous farting is socially uncouth.
This year it's just me and the wife, just like last year! She's used to it! You know, the old fart then pull the sheet over her head routine. :lol: Just kidding, but I just had to share that joke with you, as it sounded so funny when I first heard it!