Veritas Aequitas's illusory God

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

TimeSeeker

Re: Veritas Aequitas's illusory God

Post by TimeSeeker »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:11 pm If someone tortures me against my will then there will be pain which is inevitable, but suffering is always optional. Suffering is where there is a sense of separate self to whom the suffering is claimed.
Well, you wouldn't know that I am torturing you. I will burn down your house while you sleep.

So you won't know that somebody did it intentionally. For all you know it was accidental.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

TimeSeeker wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:13 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:11 pm If someone tortures me against my will then there will be pain which is inevitable, but suffering is always optional. Suffering is where there is a sense of separate self to whom the suffering is claimed.
Well, you wouldn't know that I am torturing you. I will burn down your house while you sleep.

So you won't know that somebody did it intentionally. For all you know it was accidental.

So what?

You burn down my house deliberately , I either die or get burnt, there is pain from the burns.

Then what?
TimeSeeker

Post by TimeSeeker »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:16 pm
TimeSeeker wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:13 pm

So what?

You burn down my house deliberately , I either die or get burnt, there is pain from the burns.

Then what?
Do you think you can choose not to suffer chronic pain from 3rd degree burns?